Slor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wadigga33

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I have a quick question. I had my SLOR filled out by the attending EM physician at the hospital I rotate at in NY. My question is, there is no residency program there, will my SLOR be accepted even though the attending works at another hospital where there is a residency program? My other question is...does the SLOR get submitted to ERAS? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, are you asking is that SLOR valid by that particular attending, who works elsewhere? I don't think it really matters that the particular hospital you worked at has a residency program. It's probably more important that the LOR is a SLOR from an EM attending. I've heard from some people when I applied a few years ago that a SLOR from an academic attending may carry more weight then one from one who is no in academics, etc.
I personally think it's probably more important to be evaluated by any EM attending irrespective if that particular hospital has a residency or not. They can evaluate you in traits important to the field.
As for what happens to the SLOR. The dean's office at my school received all my LOR and they submitted them to ERAS. All I did was input in ERAS what LORS I was planning to submit and the dean's office did the rest. This might differ at other placed. Good-luck.

Hi everyone...I have a quick question. I had my SLOR filled out by the attending EM physician at the hospital I rotate at in NY. My question is, there is no residency program there, will my SLOR be accepted even though the attending works at another hospital where there is a residency program? My other question is...does the SLOR get submitted to ERAS? Thanks.

1) Yes
2) Yes, but not directly by the one who filled it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
The search function is your friend.

What the heck type of reply is this? I've been using SDN as a resource all this time, now here you go popping up! :smuggrin:

You're right, God forbid I answer the OP's question about the SLOR with the *official* instructions to the SLOR. What on earth was I thinking? :rolleyes:

hey, reply however you want, i'm grateful that you posted it. thanks a bunch!

No worries... I figured that's what you were doing... I was joking back with you... I wonder how many flame wars are started because of misunderstandings?

Several, but not many on this forum :D