Living inside a house

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DBR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In medical school I have known several students. Their living arrangements have varied from living in the cellar of a large facility of housing units to living on the top floor of a building housing various industry and commercial business. I am hoping for my personal situation to be of the similar to the second friend of this story. The difference is desired also though. For I do not wish to be exactly the same as his living quarters are occupied by another fellow and his girl.

Members don't see this ad.

In medical school I have known several students. Their living arrangements have varied from living in the cellar of a large facility of housing units to living on the top floor of a building housing various industry and commercial business. I am hoping for my personal situation to be of the similar to the second friend of this story. The difference is desired also though. For I do not wish to be exactly the same as his living quarters are occupied by another fellow and his girl.

Thanks for sharing.

Is no advice here?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is no advice here?

Maybe, now this is strictly hypothetical, I am probably way way off, but if you asked a question (or stopped trolling) you'd get advice.

Maybe, now this is strictly hypothetical, I am probably way way off, but if you asked a question (or stopped trolling) you'd get advice.

I get the feeling it's one of two things:
1. English =/= first language.
2. Troll pretending to be #1.

I read the subject of this post and all I could think is "inside a house? as opposed to living outside of a house?"

so whats your question, because I am sure no one really wanted to know all that.

what does trolling mean?

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks...I was wondering what's the etymology ?

I mean why is it used for SDN. I've seen it around and knew it meant something bad but not sure why use that word specifically?

Thanks...I was wondering what's the etymology ?

From Wikipedia:

wikipedia said:
The word likely gained currency because of its apt second meaning, drawn from the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales; they are often ugly, obnoxious creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The image of the troll under the bridge in the "Three Billy Goats Gruff" emphasizes the troll's negative reaction to outsiders intruding on its physical environment, particularly those who intend to graze in its domain without permission. The word occurs also in John Awdeley's Fraternity of Vagabonds (1561) to characterize the first four of twenty-five types of disobedient male servants or "knaves." The first entrant in Awdeley's list is particularly illustrative:
Troll and Troll by is he that setteth naught by no man, nor no man by him. This is he that would bear rule in a place and hath no authority nor thanks, and at last is thrust out of the door like a knave.[2]
It seems a singularly apt description, though no provenance has ever been demonstrated to connect it with the modern usage

I love that they call them ugly. :laugh:

this thread officially sucks.

This hasn't been closed yet?:rolleyes:

I wanna live inside a house :(

I wanna live inside a house :(

I DO live in a house, but now that it is rainy season, the roof leaks, so house dwelling is not all that it is cracked up to be. How about a yurt? Can I find an urban yurt?

I DO live in a house, but now that it is rainy season, the roof leaks, so house dwelling is not all that it is cracked up to be. How about a yurt? Can I find an urban yurt?

OH MY GOD! Look at these beautiful yurts:

http://www.yurtpeople.com/yurtpeople/

It's a California-based company that will design and install custom-made yurts.

At first, I thought this thread was about living inside a horse. Imagine my surprise.

OH MY GOD! Look at these beautiful yurts:

http://www.yurtpeople.com/yurtpeople/

It's a California-based company that will design and install custom-made yurts.

Those yurts are really nice! A little like living in a tree house :)
@ OP: To find housing, you can either walk/drive through the streets and look for "For Rent" signs, or read the "Rentals" section of your newspaper or other classifieds. Some of the ads state which floor the apartment is on, or you could ask when you call them up. Was that your question?

LOL @ this thread

...PLEASE tell us more about this 'fellow and his girl' :laugh::laugh::laugh: