Dukes Anonymous :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
denial: I don't care either way. :confused:
anger: Why do I care do much? :mad:
bargaining: Please! I'll be the best student Duke ever had! :love:
depression: :cry:+pity+ Wake me up when it's all over:sleep:.
acceptance!:biglove:Yeah, right.:lol:

Members don't see this ad.

One of my best memories of my interview day at Duke is of talking with RW about the med-cest prevalence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I would just like to point out that while our class was out having fun every weekend, your class's claim to fame is starting their own physical diagnosis club. WOW you guys are gettin' crazy.

Also, who did I hear this from? None other than the deans.

That was a small minority of our class and that was only during the first semester. I'm pretty sure y'all didn't ever get like 90% class attendance at any party (which is what we had at the 80s prom/thrift store party). Plus, I seem to remember a bunch of lame-o 2nd years going home after Davison Ball (which ended at midnight you babies) while the 1st years partied the night away at Verde (till like 3 or something). Y'all are weak sauce compared to us.

but we'll probly need some more intraclass hookups and body suits to gain some credibility

Fact.

One of my best memories of my interview day at Duke is of talking with RW about the med-cest prevalence.

He was talking about the 2nd years.

Hopefully I'll get enough done of my thesis :)() during spring break next week that I'll be able to actually enjoy Second Look rather than skipping the social stuff to write about drosophila!

2011: freakin awesome, we are a bit nerdy, but we throw much sweeter parties (unless you gauge the sweetness of a party by number of hookups... at which point we lose out to 2010)

I have a sneaking suspicion that during Spring Break we'll have an incidence of medcest that rivals that of the MS-2s....

I have a sneaking suspicion that during Spring Break we'll have an incidence of medcest that rivals that of the MS-2s....

You think so... I don't know about med-cest... maybe just blatant hooking up with randoes. What group of people are you thinking of cuz the group that I'm going to the Bahamas with is already all paired up. Speaking of which, where are you going for SB???

Plus, I seem to remember a bunch of lame-o 2nd years going home after Davison Ball (which ended at midnight you babies) while the 1st years partied the night away at Verde (till like 3 or something). Y'all are weak sauce compared to us.

#1 - I went home after Davison Ball because it was so boring it put me to sleep. If you thought that was fun, you need to learn what "fun" is.
#2 - A lot of people went home because we were only given off the hours of 6pm - 8am and many had to work the next day. We don't get weekends off like you.
#3 - Going to bed at 3 hardly makes you hardcore. Wait until you have to get UP at 4am. Every.single.day. THEN you can tell me who's weak sauce.

nothing in the mail today. no e-mails. no phone calls. feels like unrequited love.

Wooo, watch out! Diosa's got her crankypants on. ;)

Golden weekend, baby!

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing in the mail today. no e-mails. no phone calls. feels like unrequited love.

nothing here either. It seems like they didn't actually send anything earlier this week. According to Jessie12, everything (including the remaining acceptances) went out today. Maybe tomorrow/Monday/Tuesday? Here's hoping for an acceptance :luck:

im down. is anyone else for sure going to duke this fall??

Hey guys, count me in. I'm pretty locked on matriculating.

Lookin forward to second look w/ y'all! Where are you guys coming from? I'll be bringing Texas to the mix.

quick question for current duke students~

I just got an email about registering for 2nd look weekend, & was wondering... if I currently live ~ 20 min from durham, will I miss anything by driving in each day ... or will I have a better experience staying with a student host?

Did you get that second look e-mail this evening...

edit: nevermind, forgot that you were first batch. congrats!

Wooo, watch out! Diosa's got her crankypants on. ;)

Seconded.

I just got an email about registering for 2nd look weekend, & was wondering... if I currently live ~ 20 min from durham, will I miss anything by driving in each day ... or will I have a better experience staying with a student host?

I'm not sure. I guess that is up to you. I don't think it would be a big deal, but depending on how they schedule activities for y'all, you should see if you can just hang around some current Dukies and your future classmates in between activities to get a real sense of how people are.

Mm, so my parents live out in Wake Forest and instead of staying with a host I stayed with them and drove in. The only thing I missed out on was the chance to get really obliterated, which was probably a good thing in the setting of meeting a bunch of people for the first time.

What's going on? I thought we would have some decision by now... I wish duke was more transparent.

I was hoping to hear by today too, since thats what they told us when we were there.

Keeping it real though, Duke has been slow with the entire admissions process. But I'm not complaining about it because they're slow for a reason: they're thorough and fair.

Think about it, they released their secondary pretty late (because its very long and well thought out). They were very slow updating letter status (because they individually scan every single one, 700 interviewees * 4 letters each on avg = a lot of scanning). They also had to extend their interview season twice (giving those who they thought worthy a fair and full chance).

So now they're a little slower than expected with decisions. IMO its better that they take the time needed rather than rush decisions.

This combined with some one calling yesterday and posting that stuff was being mailed out makes me think (hope) that we should all hear either way (A/W/R) by the end of next week.

I definitely feel for all of you who have been waiting much, much longer than I have. Hang in there, though! Hopefully they'll come in earlier in the week rather than later. :luck:

Still counting on that fortune cookie.... I hope it wasn't referring to my tax refund.

OK so a bit of an update... not all acceptances have been sent out yet, so stop freaking out. Just be patient. I'll tell you when you really need to start freaking out - the minute someone posts with a rejection or WL. Until then, there is really no need for all of this "Am I not accepted?" business. Just relax, relax, don't do it, when you wanna go to it, relax, relax, don't do it... when you wanna come... I'm not even sure what the words of that song are. OK anyway, that's all I know for now.

PS: Patience is a virtue.

:luck::luck::luck:

really? cuz they said everything will be out by this week...
guessed they've delayed it again
still good news though

Hey guys,

For those lucky enough to have acceptances, how long does the letter give you to reply? I'm going to be out of town tomorrow until next Sunday. I'm wondering if I should be worried if I am sent good news. Any advice?

:luck: to all.

they give you 3 weeks to respond.

Hey guys,

For those lucky enough to have acceptances, how long does the letter give you to reply? I'm going to be out of town tomorrow until next Sunday. I'm wondering if I should be worried if I am sent good news. Any advice?

:luck: to all.

hopefully the new week will bring us some (good) news.

I think my patience is running a little thin. When are they going to send me my rejection letter??? I know good things come to those who wait but at this point I'm so jaded about this whole process I just want my letter so I can move on with my life!!

Okay.....sorry to vent. I still want to wish everyone good luck though!

and friday pacific northwest....mail always takes around a week from the east over here. maybe they'll send another email out.

considering 2nd look is only 2.5 weeks away, they're really tight on time especially if they just rely on the mail

Just got an email at 8:30 tonight telling me that my acceptance letter was mailed out today.

Good luck to all.

Just got an email at 8:30 tonight telling me that my acceptance letter was mailed out today.

Good luck to all.

Congrats!

But also for me, argh. When did you interview? Were you in the last week or so?