Uwsom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Contentablue

Dancing Joyfully
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the next UWSOM meeting? Anyone heard anything lately?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else get the financial aid email?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone hear back from the end of Jan.? looks like the first meeting was last Friday... I got that financial aid email but nothing else.

don't lose hope yet, another thread said the email comes at the end of the next working day...

my status page still says - Application Status: complete. hmm...

don't lose hope yet, another thread said the email comes at the end of the next working day...

my status page still says - Application Status: complete. hmm...

Mine also still says "application status complete". Sorry thatquestionguy, I seem to remember from past threads too that "action has been taken" might not be a good thing. They usually send you something via email to let you know you have been accepted. I'm root'n for you though.

actually, quite the contrary if you guys look at last year's threads.. people were praying for status changes because at this point, it likely means an acceptance..
my status changed too & i'm crossing my fingers!!
good luck to everyone..

actually, quite the contrary if you guys look at last year's threads.. people were praying for status changes because at this point, it likely means an acceptance..
good luck to everyone..

Please let us know if you guys get accepted!

good luck to everyone..

I would call em first thing tomorrow. A "final decision" means that you have either been accepted or rejected, that you won't have to tread water in the competitive pool for the next ~6 weeks. Don't get ahead of yourself and assume the worst until you talk to them.

Has anyone here sent UW an update letter post-interview? If so, who did you send it to, and did you send it via email or snail mail?

I think the PIN should be the first two letters of your last name and the last 7 digits of your social security #.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the PIN should be the first two letters of your last name and the last 7 digits of your social security #.

Action was taken on your application 02/01/2008. You should receive a letter from our office by 02/08/2008.

I was placed on post-interview hold in late January.

good luck to everyone..

When you say your status changed do you mean it said "action has been taken on your application"?

Has anyone here sent UW an update letter post-interview? If so, who did you send it to, and did you send it via email or snail mail?

I did via snail mail.

I did via snail mail.

I did via e-mail: I don't think it matters either way. The nice thing when I sent it by e-mail is the nice admissions person told me that she printed it out and put it in my file.

good luck to everyone..

I am shocked that my status changed so quickly after being placed on hold. :scared:.

now I'm confused. Is there a status page change if you are placed in the hold category?

i saw the same message as ihatescience when i logged in with my pin.....

"Action was taken on your application 02/01/2008. You should receive a letter from our office by 02/08/2008"

i saw the same message as ihatescience when i logged in with my pin.....

"Action was taken on your application 02/01/2008. You should receive a letter from our office by 02/08/2008"

Were you on post-interview hold as well?

so i guess you haven't received any mail yet??? is that right?

The only e-mail I received was a financial aid e-mail on Saturday (the 9th).

I interviewed in mid-January, and was put on hold the same week.

yes...i was on hold since NOVEMBER.....:(

Hm. I am worried about them making a decision on me so fast after I was put on hold. I called them up in late January, and they said that I wouldn't hear back until April probably...

so i guess you haven't received any mail yet??? is that right?

Right, I haven't received any mail yet. Wow, I can't believe I didn't answer your question to me until now!

One of you guys should call tomorrow and post what you find out.

This applied in the past (as recently as last year):

Acceptance: email + snail mail
Hold: email
Rejection: snail mail

They didn't change your status page for holds, only for final decisions. I'm currently on hold and still have the "Your application is complete" message. However, some things may have changed this year, so good luck in any case to everyone.

If the status says "Your application is complete," but I've already interviewed and been on "competitive hold," is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does anyone else have that right now?

If the status says "Your application is complete," but I've already interviewed and been on "competitive hold," is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does anyone else have that right now?

It will say that as long as you stay in the competitive pool. They update it once a final decision has been made.

[pj];6214231 said:
This applied in the past (as recently as last year):

Acceptance: email + snail mail
Hold: email
Rejection: snail mail

They didn't change your status page for holds, only for final decisions. I'm currently on hold and still have the "Your application is complete" message. However, some things may have changed this year, so good luck in any case to everyone.

This is what I thought as well. In the past I got the email saying I was to remain on hold the same day as the meeting. Nothing this time however, but my status page still reads "your application is complete".

Does anyone know of anyone that's been accepted out of the competitive pool at UWSOM this year?

Rejected after being placed on hold post-interview in mid-January.

Sucks.

Sucks.

Sorry! That sucks, I really do feel for you. Have you gotten in anywhere else?

well guys, it's the skinny envelope for me too.. ouch.
good luck to all of you!!

I interviewed last Monday and was told I'd here back today via email. Does anyone know what time emails are sent? Have they already been sent? Dahhhhh! The pressure is unbearable! I've checked my email 4,589 times already!

I interviewed last Monday and was told I'd here back today via email. Does anyone know what time emails are sent? Have they already been sent? Dahhhhh! The pressure is unbearable! I've checked my email 4,589 times already!

i would usually hear between 11 and 2, pacific time.

Anyone know the typical proportion of accepted vs. hold vs. rejected applicants following the interview? At my interview I got the impression that the majority are put on hold but I don't remember any specifics being given...

continued x3 for me (got the email this afternoon). Wish I knew what the final outcome will be!

continued x3 for me (got the email this afternoon). Wish I knew what the final outcome will be!

Same for me (x3). Oh the anticipation is killing me!!!

continued x4 (ahhhhhhhh!!!!)
ADCOM.... Let me in!!!!!!! :love:

So I guess if there is nothing the rejection is in the mail? Even if the status doesn't change?

Sucks.

that sucks...i think i am on the same boat as you.....because my message was the same when i checked my status.....sigh...i will see when i get home tonight...:(

i hope you get in somewhere...good luck..

So I guess if there is nothing the rejection is in the mail? Even if the status doesn't change?

I think the status should change. I was put on hold early-Jan, received the initial hold email, and recently received a second hold email. However, there were a few meetings that occurred, during which I didn't hear anything.

Suck. Waitlisted. I am sick of this game. I don't feel like writing an update letter. Almost 2 more months of waiting around....

Anyone know the typical proportion of accepted vs. hold vs. rejected applicants following the interview? At my interview I got the impression that the majority are put on hold but I don't remember any specifics being given...

Anyone?

i sent an update/interest letter via email a couple weeks ago, and got off the waitlist a few days ago (the day before the financial aid emails went out). i think i got in because of the letter imo.