YOUR Opinion - What Is The BEST Verbal Book...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strutter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep reading on these forums that you should study the SAT's if you want to do good on the verbal/reading comprhension part of the PCAT's.

Problem is, I live and study in Canada and SAT's are not mandatory here. We don't do them -- but I wish we did.

In your opinion, what is the best SAT Verbal book? And how has it helped you (eg. your before and after)?

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend SAT I verbal by Kaplan
They don't have analogy section, but they have sentence completion and reading passages.

I studied them thoroughly and my sentence analysis skills improved.

Remember, you are trying to develop criticial thinking skill, so always reason your answer (don't say "this answer feels right"), and compare your reasoning to the book's

You can look up vocabs as well...

hey, I wrote about it before in some other threat, but MAT (miller analody test)book was extremely helpful for me. Think about it, MAt and pcat is given by the same company, so there is a chance that they use the same queations. Also I memorized a lot of words from mat list before the test and was extremely happy on the test, b/c I at list 10 words were from this list.
sat words did not helped at all as well as GRE

Members don't see this ad :)
Your other posts show that you are planning to take the MCAT. Study materials for that should cover you for the PCAT.