how HY IS straight biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsans23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
not like cell bio/genetics but the straight cellular biochem - how high yield is it because i am pretty terrible at it :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

dont worry too much i was same, but definitely know the first aid biochem inside out, also the questions

Well, at least based on my test, I'd say you're in luck, b/c I had almost no straight biochem. The one question I had on glycolysis asked about enzyme regulation and you had to identify the upregulated enzyme on a fully labeled glycolysis pathway they gave you. Like just about everything on the test, the biochem questions emphasized understanding the pathways - regulation and integration more than knowing every enzyme and intermediate. I had a few metabolic disorders as well; know the presentation, enzyme, what would be increased/decreased, etc. Very UW style at least on my test.

According to UWorld, biochem is the hardest thing....ever. Jeebus.

According to UWorld, biochem is the hardest thing....ever. Jeebus.

No kidding. I have one week left, and UWorld has almost convinced me to spend my remaining time purely cramming enzymes and pathways into my short-term memory. I'd like to cram something more interesting like path. Thing is, it's always the stuff you find really boring that comes back to bite you in the a$$ because you were never that interested in learning it.