2008-2009 Florida State Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
500 WORDS

Indicate your significant travel experiences and include the circumstances.

Indicate what you do for fun and diversion (hobbies, special interests, etc)

Identify any other traits, habits, experiences, interests, etc., that a professor or advisor would not normally learn about you

For both mother and father give the following:

* Where they were raised
* 4-5 traits that would describe him/her to a stranger
* Traits you get from him/her
* Your rapport with him/her
* His/her hobbies or interests

Give names, ages, and a few brief comments about your sister

In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?

Please enter your ACT and SAT scores if you have taken these tests.

Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions.

Members don't see this ad.

ignore this, im doing administrative stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Are those really all on the application, or is there a different FSU secondary thread?

Im just a little confused about the "ignore this" comment.

Are those really all on the application, or is there a different FSU secondary thread?

Im just a little confused about the "ignore this" comment.
Yes those are all on the secondary. Shemarty just meant to ignore the bump that there was no new news. This is the FSU secondary thread.

This is actually a pretty straight forward secondary I felt...and alot of the essays for this one can be modified and used for other schools, especially some of the other FL schools. I submitted on 7/10, and the app was under review as of 7/11, so I'm hoping to hear back fairly soon grrrrr

Hi guys I'm working on this app now, im hoping to have it completed and submitted tomorrow. One quick question though, for the parents section how did you complete that? did you use a bullet format or did you do it in paragraph form? Seems like there is not a really good way to organize all those random facts for both my parents especcially with a 500 word limit.
Thanks

Hi guys I'm working on this app now, im hoping to have it completed and submitted tomorrow. One quick question though, for the parents section how did you complete that? did you use a bullet format or did you do it in paragraph form? Seems like there is not a really good way to organize all those random facts for both my parents especcially with a 500 word limit.
Thanks

I just explained them in paragraph form. It seemed to me that the question (like others on that secondary) was just trying to find more about who you are and where you come from. So I wrote pretty casually about my parents and just tried to convey who they are and how we get along.

How do you guys answer the question about writing a critical analysis of your scholastic achievements..etc? Isn't that just like your personal statement?

Is it free to send in your secondary to FSU? Where do you go to pay, anyone got a link?

Is it free to send in your secondary to FSU? Where do you go to pay, anyone got a link?
from their faq

Is there an application fee? If so, what is it?
The College of Medicine does not charge an application fee. If you are offered acceptance to our program however, you will be charged a $30 non-refundable fee with your application for admission to Florida State University.

from their faq

Is there an application fee? If so, what is it?
The College of Medicine does not charge an application fee. If you are offered acceptance to our program however, you will be charged a $30 non-refundable fee with your application for admission to Florida State University.

Cool, thanks dude. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel kind of dumb for asking this, but what can be included in the "Miscellanious" section? I couldn't think of much that is relevant to the application to use that my professors wouldn't already know... ( I went to a smaller private college and had the same science profs for 4 years). All I could think of were some really random points in my life- just for example, I have a story of how I was hit by a metal ceiling fan when I was 13 months old. Should I put that in there?

I left that section blank, because I included that information in the section before it. I think talking about being hit by a ceiling fan as an infant is kinda weird.

I was complete almost a month ago and today I got two emails telling me to complete the secondary application, did this happen to anyone else and are you just ignoring these?

I was complete almost a month ago and today I got two emails telling me to complete the secondary application, did this happen to anyone else and are you just ignoring these?

i got the same thing, we can just ignore, our applications are under review anyways if you log back into your secondary to check.

i got the same thing, we can just ignore, our applications are under review anyways if you log back into your secondary to check.

I just called, they say "dont worry about it, is a glitch of the system" so i guess we just ignore. I hope they made this mistake to all the ppl they were going to interview :D

I just called, they say "dont worry about it, is a glitch of the system" so i guess we just ignore. I hope they made this mistake to all the ppl they were going to interview :D
Yeah, I got a follow-up e-mail from FSU called "E-mail Glitch", they know they screwed up...just ignore :)

haha, for sure. do you know when they start interviewing?

I have already seen the early decision people and they are starting to interview normal applicants on monday :) G'luck you all...FSU is an awesome med school, if you decide to come here I think you will all be really happy!

I have already seen the early decision people and they are starting to interview normal applicants on monday :) G'luck you all...FSU is an awesome med school, if you decide to come here I think you will all be really happy!

thanks for the info!

Do you mean they will start sending invites Monday, or begin interviews Monday?

I just got an interview invitation today, is anyone else interviewing next Friday, October 3rd?

I got the complete email on September 11th and the interview invite came exactly two weeks later.

I was complete on the sep. 4th, and still nothing:mad:

Had my Interview At FSU back in Sept. great School with a solid curriculum. The students love it there and will be ecstatic to hear a call from them on oct 15/16. I was completed on July 15 and got an interview Mid september. I went to FSU for undergrad so It's in my top 3.
Good luck with the rest of the appl process Yall.

What's a good way to answer this question:

.In what field of medicine do you envision yourself working ten years from now?.

Is it 500 words for each question? OR 500 words all together???

I'm assuming that it is 500 for each. I submitted my app late, so I'm trying to get all of my essays done now, so that when I get my secondaries I can just click "submit."

It's 500 words per question although I highly doubt you'll even come close to using that many in the "applicant profile" questions. Those are the ones that talk about travel, parents, hobbies, etc. I used close to 500 for the self-critical essay.

ok so this 500 word thing is that per essay or question or all together?

I got an email invite from FSU last week before thanksgiving and am Interviewing on Friday morning. I hadn't even considered FSU before because Tallahasse is so far from my home but the program looks incredible. I'm so excited to be interviewing there.

I just completed this secondary today. I will laugh if I get an invite, but it could happen.

I just got an email to send them updates from this semester. Is that a general email they sent to everyone to tell them they're not rejected yet or should I be happy that they're still considering me and I have serious hope?

I just got an email to send them updates from this semester. Is that a general email they sent to everyone to tell them they're not rejected yet or should I be happy that they're still considering me and I have serious hope?

Yah, i just got the same letter. maybe it is automatic or something

No idea if it really means anything, but I too received the email. At least we know we're still being considered, right?

i don't think the letter means anything, really, other than "update us". I don't think anyone has been rejected by FSU pre-interview so i'm not really taking it so much as "good news", although I would really like to lol.

Just got an interview invite! Hope you all got one too! First date available was Jan 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.