2008-2009 Florida State Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
who has been accepted to FSU COM? just wondering what my chances are like!!! anyone know the stats of # of people they interview to # of ppl they accept. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone call FSU for a status update, I called them last week and they told me to email them because they arent doing status update over the phone.
So on monday, I emailed them and I still have not receive a reply. They told me it will take a day to get back to me but its like 4 days now.

Anyone have this problem?

did anyone call FSU for a status update, I called them last week and they told me to email them because they arent doing status update over the phone.
So on monday, I emailed them and I still have not receive a reply. They told me it will take a day to get back to me but its like 4 days now.

Anyone have this problem?

Problem solved:

After I posted this message on this thread and FSU secondary thread, I got an email (4 hour later) back from FSU admin saying sorry that my email was overlooked and they are still review my app. Maybe they do look at the thread on SDN.

If so can i get an interview please :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either, except for that my application is with the committee.

My wife and I are going crazy. February 28th and still no word! :scared:

they start early so that you can do anatomy as it's own class - so you can focus on it without all the other subjects. this is actually REALLY helpful because everything is based on it.

I got an interview invite today, scheduled for late March. I've been complete for a while, so there is still hope for anyone waiting.

I got an interview invite today, scheduled for late March. I've been complete for a while, so there is still hope for anyone waiting.

Congratulations! I hope to join you this week. :)

I finally got an interview at FSU, on April 6. March 30 date was full. plus it kinna a rush job, i needed time to prepare. anyone here will be there on April 6?

Any good hotels around the campus? PM me if you dont want to say it on here. Im looking for a nice and clean place :D

PS if you are reading this FSU, thank you !!! ( read my other posts if you dont know what i mean)

Hey I'll be there on the 6th with you. Morning session. I'm staying with my sister who goes to FSU for undergrad. I saw someone ask earlier if anyone knew any numbers on who's in and who's waitlisted and how many get in off the waitlist and such. i feel like this late in the game I'll probably be interviewing for a waitlist spot so knowing those numbers would help me with decisions and such.

Hey I'll be there on the 6th with you. Morning session. I'm staying with my sister who goes to FSU for undergrad. I saw someone ask earlier if anyone knew any numbers on who's in and who's waitlisted and how many get in off the waitlist and such. i feel like this late in the game I'll probably be interviewing for a waitlist spot so knowing those numbers would help me with decisions and such.

As of this week when I called, the class is about 2/3's full (meaning about 40 of the 120 spots are still open). By the time April 6th rolls around, there still might be some open spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who was put on a post-interview hold been offered an acceptance yet?

FSU.....Dear FSU.....PLEASE, pretty please give me an interview!
:bow:

I have the afternoon sestion so i guess we wont meet each other. Goodluck on the interview

As of this week when I called, the class is about 2/3's full (meaning about 40 of the 120 spots are still open). By the time April 6th rolls around, there still might be some open spots.

Those are still good odds off getting in. My friend got an early April interview at FSU last year and she go it without being on the waitlist so its not too bad

Hey locus and cleoscat, I'll be there April 6th (morning session). My friend interviewed March 20th said that we'll do the campus tour with the afternoon session students. She was also told the same thing about seats being 2/3rds full already. Locus, did your friend from last April have a great interview and did she or he end up attending FSU?

Does anyone know if FSU has sent out any rejection letters yet?

sweet i hope to see you and locus there!
Hey locus and cleoscat, I'll be there April 6th (morning session). My friend interviewed March 20th said that we'll do the campus tour with the afternoon session students. She was also told the same thing about seats being 2/3rds full already. Locus, did your friend from last April have a great interview and did she or he end up attending FSU?

For those that have interviewed...how do you hear back, by phone or e-mail? Also, any particular day during the week they typically give decisions?

After interview I was notified By email, late Wednesday or early Thursday two weeks later. Still waiting final decision.

For those that have interviewed...how do you hear back, by phone or e-mail? Also, any particular day during the week they typically give decisions?

After interviews, the adcom meets on the tuesday following the interviews to review the preliminary results of the interviews. The following tuesday (the next week) they make their final decisions and notify the interviewees.

I.e. I interview on a monday and was notified about my status on the following tuesday at 5 pm (so turnaround time of a week and a day).

Is anyone going to the open house on Saturday?

I will be there. Any clue on what the dress code will be?

Nope. I'm guessing business casual will suffice? Hmmm

Anyone know when they stop interviewing? Also, has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet? By the way, how was the open house?

Anyone know when they stop interviewing? Also, has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet? By the way, how was the open house?

They told us at the interview that the waitlist is reviewed every week i think. I assume that means that some on the list are accepted periodically.

Hey gator,

I think they stop interviewing around the end of April (speculation/based on last year's Florida Schools Thread). I believe there is also a lot of waitlist movement around the middle-end of April (because for most schools people holding more than one acceptance must choose by May 15th, but for FSU this date is supposedly April 15th on account of the early start...) and waitlist movement can go right up to the day before orientation. Second look was pretty good, but we didn't get a whole lot of information on what 3rd and 4th year is like due to the fact that most 3rd and 4th years are around the state at their respective regional locales. Good luck mate :luck:

May 1st is the last interview day and they are still sending out invitations, just got it this morning. I suggest you emailing them asking about your status. I did this Wednesday and got the invite this morning. The reply I got to that email was not we are looking and will let you know it was "I am giving your file to a dean to review".

kaya and whoever else that knows anything,

how strictly enforced is the deadline to only be holding one acceptance? This is only the second time i have heard that and I was wondering if everyone that applies knows that rule. thanks!

May 1st is the last interview day and they are still sending out invitations, just got it this morning. I suggest you emailing them asking about your status. I did this Wednesday and got the invite this morning. The reply I got to that email was not we are looking and will let you know it was "I am giving your file to a dean to review".

My friend got the same exact response, "I am giving your file to the Dean to review." I hope that means he is getting an interview too.....:)

kaya and whoever else that knows anything,

how strictly enforced is the deadline to only be holding one acceptance? This is only the second time i have heard that and I was wondering if everyone that applies knows that rule. thanks!

It looks like its more of a recommendation then a rule. http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm

I'd say it came out of the fact that most students know where they have been accepted to by then so they tend to make their decision around that time. I don't see any way of enforcing it unless the schools all told each other who was accepted which I believe violates our rights to privacy. Not 100% on this though.

It looks like its more of a recommendation then a rule. http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm

I'd say it came out of the fact that most students know where they have been accepted to by then so they tend to make their decision around that time. I don't see any way of enforcing it unless the schools all told each other who was accepted which I believe violates our rights to privacy. Not 100% on this though.

May 15th is the day that all class deposits become non-refundable, that is how they enforce it. If you are willing to eat all of your deposits than you can hold as many acceptances as you want until the first day of classes.

It is enforced by the schools where you hold acceptances. On April 15th for schools like FSU or May 15th for the ones that start later, the schools will be notified by AMCAS if any of their acceptees are holding more than one acceptance. At that time, the school will contact you to tell you that you must choose, or your offer of admission will be withdrawn. However, if you get to this point, of course you have forfeited your deposit. You are expected to know this rule because is it in AMCAS's required reading for application to medical school.

On an unrelated note, FSU is interviewing for waitlist positions at this time. The class is currently full. However, they anticipate 20-30 people withdrawing, and will take those people off the waitlist. It is ranked.

It is enforced by the schools where you hold acceptances. On April 15th for schools like FSU or May 15th for the ones that start later, the schools will be notified by AMCAS if any of their acceptees are holding more than one acceptance. At that time, the school will contact you to tell you that you must choose, or your offer of admission will be withdrawn. However, if you get to this point, of course you have forfeited your deposit. You are expected to know this rule because is it in AMCAS's required reading for application to medical school.

On an unrelated note, FSU is interviewing for waitlist positions at this time. The class is currently full. However, they anticipate 20-30 people withdrawing, and will take those people off the waitlist. It is ranked.

I just withdrew my acceptance to the FSUCOM this morning. Here is to good news for someone else. :)

Where did you get this information? Especially the part about offering 20-30 more acceptances.

gatorsforchrist, when did you interview, and how long did it take for you to hear back from FSU?

I'd like to know how reliable this information is, too. I'm interviewing on the 27th and I've been wondering if these late interviews are just for the wait list or not. Please let us know!

So anyone on here get pulled off the waitlist yet since April 15th has past?

After being granted a small extension from FSU to make my decision, I have, with much sadness, decided I will not be attending :( This was one of the most difficult decisions of my life, as I LOVED the school and the people there! In the end I couldn't resist a new adventure. I'm goin to Oregon! I wish you all the very best of luck, and please represent FSU for me with pride, they deserve nothing but the very best! I hope you get my spot :luck::luck:

I withdrew my acceptance this morning. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck.

I also withdrew recently, so things are definitely starting to move. They gave us until May 1st to decide, so things should really start moving soon.

Hi everybody. I had to move back my interview date April 6 due to a medical emergency, so I sorry i didnt get a chance to meet some of you. I hope you did well

I had my interview on May 1 (the very last day), they say that they are still accepting people so there still hope for some of us

Nope :( Maybe they've given a lot of acceptances so the waitlist isn't moving as much. I do know of a guy who interviewed after me (April 6th) that got a direct acceptance without being put on the waitlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.