2008-2008 East Carolina University (Brody) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A composition of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, avocational areas of interest, and your major reaction to contemporary life experienced during the last several years.

Theres also a spot for you to add more info about yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

LOR- committee or 3 individual- 2 science and one non science.

woot woot...

I have this feeling that I may be one of the only ones on SDN applying here.

Members don't see this ad :)
woot woot...

I have this feeling that I may be one of the only ones on SDN applying here.

Nah...I'm applying here also...but you could have probably guessed from my screen name...haha

what the heck does ECU mean with Views on contemporary life?

what the heck does ECU mean with Views on contemporary life?

I was thinking it was a very vague way of saying "What do you think is good/bad with today's society?"

Which is good for me, because I feel like I've already expounded upon most of the previous topics and I would like something to write about

I was thinking it was a very vague way of saying "What do you think is good/bad with today's society?"

Which is good for me, because I feel like I’ve already expounded upon most of the previous topics and I would like something to write about
They wanted us to respond to a lot of things in that 500 word essay...I only hit briefly on the topics, especially that last part.

Was looking for anyone interested or thinking about applying to ECU. Does anyone know how many seats they reserve for the Early Decision Program? I am native American with a total MCAT score of 25, yeah I know its a bit low but I have a lot of volunteer hours and a 3.6 GPA :)

Was looking for anyone interested or thinking about applying to ECU. Does anyone know how many seats they reserve for the Early Decision Program? I am native American with a total MCAT score of 25, yeah I know its a bit low but I have a lot of volunteer hours and a 3.6 GPA :)
They dont reserve any set amount of seats for Early decision. The only good it will do you to apply EDP, is saving you money on other schools, but basically if you are good enough to get in EDP you would get in regular decision, and on top of that you can apply to other schools to increase your chances of getting in med school altogehter.

Anybody get an ERROR message when trying to submit? I'm guessing I've got to call on this one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried three times (you know the "if it doesn't fit, push harder strategy). On the third time, it fit. I guess their server was down.

I had problems too, but I found out my pop up blocker was on.

If anyone was interested, I just talked to an admissions office lady and she said the earliest they sent out interview invites is september.

Does ECU screen primaries? I can't really find a clear answer on their website.

ignore this, admin stuff.

On the secondary, they ask for prerequisite class grades. However, the space they allow can only fit one class each. For example, how do you fit in chem 1 and chem 2 in the box?

Also, how do you enter AP credit. I have two english classes that I received AP credit for. But, there are no official grades for those classes.

stuff it in there together same box. if not, explain in question 14.

If anyone was interested, I just talked to an admissions office lady and she said the earliest they sent out interview invites is september.

I think you mean the earliest interviews are in September? They start inviting in August for the first week in September. Either way, they have started inviting for interviews so get your 2ndary in ASAP! :thumbup:

who is that girl on the cover of the ECU SOM bulletin for 08 - 12 ? umphhh

ECU interview went great. To those waiting, the environment is very relaxed and my interviewers were very nice and conversational. Good luck to everyone!

HI I was just wondering if you could tell me what the interview was like. Was it just general questions. Also once you submitted your secondary how long did it take you to hear back for the interview. Thanks

HI I was just wondering if you could tell me what the interview was like. Was it just general questions. Also once you submitted your secondary how long did it take you to hear back for the interview. Thanks
Laid back..typical why medicine? why ecu? tell me about X activity....check out the interview database.

It took about a month and a half to hear back after I submitted my secondary. Very general questions: tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 10 years, what would you do in X situation, etc. If you have any personality, it shouldn't be a problem.

It took about a month and a half to hear back after I submitted my secondary. Very general questions: tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 10 years, what would you do in X situation, etc. If you have any personality, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the info. I turned my application in on August 30, but don't they have to let you know something by october 1st or is that just the date that they will let you know if they are interested in scheduling and interview?

Does ECU have a status check website? How do you know that you are complete?

Does ECU have a status check website? How do you know that you are complete?

Unfortunately, there's no status check page, but they are great with letting you know if anything is missing (via email)! They send out complete emails.

Unfortunately, there's no status check page, but they are great with letting you know if anything is missing (via email)! They send out complete emails.

Thanks. How long after receiving the secondary do they usually email you?

Thanks. How long after receiving the secondary do they usually email you?

I submitted my secondary at the beginning of August. But I forgot to sign my check (idiot...I know :laugh:) which had to be mailed back to me and I was also missing a second science letter of recommendation, which they told me about through e-mail. So that took a couple days for me to have sent. I received the complete email on 8/12 and interview invite on 8/20.

SO...all of you interviewees out there, have you left your information on the interview feedback database? If not, will you? I am interviewing on Halloween. It is my first interview, knowing that I am going to be nervous, I would like to figure out as much before hand as possible. Thanks.

SO...all of you interviewees out there, have you left your information on the interview feedback database? If not, will you? I am interviewing on Halloween. It is my first interview, knowing that I am going to be nervous, I would like to figure out as much before hand as possible. Thanks.

you'll know before hand (same day) who you will be interviewing with. if it turns out to be a family practice doctor, SELL YOURSELF FOR PRIMARY CARE. they also ask why medicine, why you, why ecu

I'll be in there a couple weeks before, so I'll be sure to update it for you buddy! Good Luck!

Thank you and good luck at your interview.

Premed Worrier, I don't know what is on your application, but I wish ECU would have sent me a interview invite only two days after being complete! Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Premed Worrier, I don't know what is on your application, but I wish ECU would have sent me a interview invite only two days after being complete! Hopefully I will hear something soon.

I don't know either. I wish it worked for other schools as well. The funny thing is I told my fiance that if I got accepted to ECU or UNC I would withdraw from every other school (besides which one I did not get accepted to). Now, only having one interview it is like the other schools heard my plan and just helped me along with it. Lots of pressure for that ECU interview.

I probably won't hear anything for at least two more weeks... my interview was a week ago today.

I probably won't hear anything for at least two more weeks... my interview was a week ago today.

Sweet. Good luck. Was your feedback the most recent in the feedback thread?
I have been starting to get worried even though my interview is still a week away. I wished I had an interview somewhere else first to get rid of jitters, as this is one of my top choices.

Sweet. Good luck. Was your feedback the most recent in the feedback thread?
I have been starting to get worried even though my interview is still a week away. I wished I had an interview somewhere else first to get rid of jitters, as this is one of my top choices.

Yea, thats me... Don't worry about the interviews, just be yourself... Both of my interviewers were friendly and didn't make me that uncomfortable. One thing you should do is really understand what makes ECU unique, they really believe in their mission...but I really liked that about them.

If I understand their mission correctly I think I am a pretty good fit with their school. I am just hoping that my nerves don't get in the way of me communicating that. Thanks for the advice it is well appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.