2008-2008 East Carolina University (Brody) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know when we can call and schedule a meeting with Dr. Peden to discuss how to be a stronger applicant for the next cycle?

I got my "you're a reject" letter back in December saying when I could call, but I haven't found where I stashed it.

Members don't see this ad.

I called the admissions office today. I was told that if you have not heard anything by mail or email then you are still in the running for an acceptance.

Thanks for the news Granola, I would hope that not hearing anything by now is good. It will be sad for them to let us wait till May just to deny us admission. Has anyone received mail or email from ECU recently??

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope the adcomm makes some decisions soon...I realize they want to be sure about whether or not to admit a student but how many times can they meet, see your face on the board, hear the notes about your interview and then table you. I just wonder if they have so many people to go through its taking longer than it ever has for a student to get back around. What if they are like I dont remember this one why did we table her?

When I interviewed in mid-Feb. I was told that they were like a month behind in their applicant review process and that I shouldn't expect to hear anything from them until April. I called to check on my app status early last week and Mrs. Coward said that my file would go to committee very soon...I'm guessing it'll be the first time my file goes to committee but she did not say specifically:confused:

when i talked to someone in the admissions office last week, she said that we should know by mid-may...
sigh....
:xf:

i called monday and my file has not yet gone before the committee. but they said it would go soon.

Lmao..i interviewed beginning of september and have not heard a peep.

A friend of mine got denied from ECU two days ago. I think this means that ECU adcom met this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
both rejections and acceptances come by mail...just so everyone knows, i called the adcom office this week and was told that all interviews are now complete (since end of march) and we should all hear by early may

Does anyone know the deadline that accepted applicants have to notify ECU of their decision? I have a feeling that we will not hear from ECU till the accepted applicants make their decision.

Has anyone heard anything? Is it true that the committee meets on Wednesdays? I tried calling yesterday but Ms. Coward is out for the week.

Has anyone heard anything? Is it true that the committee meets on Wednesdays? I tried calling yesterday but Ms. Coward is out for the week.

No one I know has heard anything yet. I guess we all have to wait till mid may, I hope its worth the wait.

I talked to lynn a few days ago and she said there were spots left. What Im wondering is for those of us who have been on hold for awhile, will we be looked at again, or are we just on a list of people who will be declined in a few weeks time?
what does bump mean?

I interviewed in January and called a couple days ago and was told that my app was going to be re-reviewed the first week of May, so I think there's still hope!

its really quiet in here...has anyone heard anything from ECU recently???

When I called earlier this month, I was told that decisions would go out by mid-May. Hopefully we'll know something by the end of May at the latest.

I think they are waiting on may 5th (or around then) for students to narrow their acceptances to one school. Then they can evaluate how many more they can let in. It is a trickle down effect that can take a while. Because you can stay on a wait list at other schools a common scenario is this: johnny student gets into unc off the wait list then he will open a spot at ecu for one of us. This process often takes a while to sort out since johnny would be waiting on someone else to decide between unc and wake. That person is waiting on mr 42 mcat to decide between wake and harvard. As the top people decide the rest of us will know.
Once ecu knows roughly how many more they need they will narrow their list and send the rest of us to the slaughter house. :eek:
for what its worth lynn told me there were spots left a week ago.

Does anyone know when a waitlist will form- I still haven't heard anything since an October interview. Sometime after this May date perhaps?

---Sorry double post, my internet is horrible---

I got a rejection letter on Saturday. Dated May 1st. Damn- now I'm down to one waitlist and no acceptances. Everyone pray for me.

I got a rejection letter on Saturday. Dated May 1st. Damn- now I'm down to one waitlist and no acceptances. Everyone pray for me.

Sorry about the news, one of my friends got a rejection letter from ECU last Wednesday. When did you interview with ECU?

It looks like they are combing through all of us slowly but surely.
I checked the mail today and received no good news. They said no nwes was good news but I wonder how long that advice is valid?
For those who were recently rejected had you been interviewed recently or have you been waiting for a while?

It looks like they are combing through all of us slowly but surely.
I checked the mail today and received no good news. They said no nwes was good news but I wonder how long that advice is valid?
For those who were recently rejected had you been interviewed recently or have you been waiting for a while?

I think at this point when you interviewed is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Let's hope the postman delivers good news to my (and yours, too) home address sooon! :)

I called again and the person I spoke with seemed confident that we would have a decision by the "3rd week of May". I hope those of us waiting get some good news soon and I am sorry to those who did not get an acceptance. Keep your heads up; I am a re-applicant and I have exactly zero acceptances.

if anyone calls the office ask how many applicants are left. Just curious.

Does anyone know if ECU sends out rejections when they make all final decisions in May or are they all acceptances and waitlists?

I think they are going to wait to see how many more spots open up, fill them, make the wait list and then reject everyone else.

Good news (maybe)....I called the admissions office again today asking about my application (interviewed in mid october) and was told that all decisions were being mailed out today and should be recieved within the next few days....good luck!

I just got the news. I was wait listed with ECU. A good friend of mine was also wait listed. I don't know what to do next. I will start preparing to retake the MCAT.

Re-apply and don't give up if you really want to go there. I know people that got in this week, got rejected and got waitlisted. If you are waitlisted, they do take a few people right up until school starts.

accepted today through the mail! First acceptance so I am more than happy...I am pretty sure the waitlist will move after the 15th as people turn ECU down in favor of UNC/Wake/Duke

accepted today through the mail! First acceptance so I am more than happy...I am pretty sure the waitlist will move after the 15th as people turn ECU down in favor of UNC/Wake/Duke

Congrats NCtoME. Hopefully I will be accepted soon but for now I'm waitlisted.:xf:

Yes after 8 mths..a waitlist.

THey must think im crazy if they expect me to spend 44 cents to send in a piece of paper saying I do or do not want to be on the wl.

Hi All!

Congratulations to those who were accepted to ECU! Good luck to those who are on the waitlist and to those who did not get in, keep your head up, you WILL get in to school.

I plan on applying to ECU next year and I wanted to ask you all what were your stats when you appled (GPA, MCAT, etc.) What areas of medicine are you interested in pursing. I am debating between pathology, hand surgery and rheumatology. Are any of you nontraditional applicants?

Anything you say is greatly appreciated!

to those of you that have heard, where do you live? i live in western nc and i havent heard a peep yet.....????:confused:
im dying to know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.