2008-2009 Cornell Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UVAbme2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://s005.med.cornell.edu/OSAF2K5/WebObjects/OSAF2K5.woa

If you are not attending college during the 2008-9 academic year, what are your plans? Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

Same essays as last year. Also some pre-req course work info to fill out.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are not attending college during the 2008-9 academic year, what are your plans? Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. Please limit your statement to less than 200 words

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I just submitted. Now if only AMCAS would get their act together and enter my LORs.

Did you get an email invitation?

Yes. But you can probably try to log into the system to complete it.

Hmm...I logged in and started filling it out, but I can't find a save button anywhere!

Hmm...I logged in and started filling it out, but I can't find a save button anywhere!

I don't think that there is one. i assumed that the entire app. had to be filled out at once and submitted. Therefore I started working on my essays in Word and will transfer them over when they are completed. Everything else on the form takes less than 10 mins to fill out.

Dumb form though.

I don't think that there is one. i assumed that the entire app. had to be filled out at once and submitted. Therefore I started working on my essays in Word and will transfer them over when they are completed. Everything else on the form takes less than 10 mins to fill out.

Dumb form though.
dumb form indeed! i cannot enter course names properly bc they are too long and why give only 3 spaces? very often lecture and lab classes are separate and i cannot enter them all in.

Well, I haven't gotten the stupid email yet so should I just submit if I'm done with it? I mean, it recognizes my AMCAS and all that...

dumb form indeed! i cannot enter course names properly bc they are too long and why give only 3 spaces? very often lecture and lab classes are separate and i cannot enter them all in.
I called up and they said just enter the most relevant and enough to show that you took what they want. So I just entered one lab class for everything. They'll see you took two semesters of lab on your AMCAS anyways.

I called up and they said just enter the most relevant and enough to show that you took what they want. So I just entered one lab class for everything. They'll see you took two semesters of lab on your AMCAS anyways.
thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
copingmethods: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??

copingmethods: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??
rplyler1: Submitted: 7/9, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??

Murphy's Law: As soon as you post that you haven't received a secondary, it will appear in your inbox moments later.

I checked my email about 5 minutes after posting that last message, and I got my official invite to complete Cornell's secondary.

What a coincidence. :D

copingmethods: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: 7/11

dr drummer: Submitted: 7/11, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??

:oops:

I just tried to submit and it told me that I had "exceeded my backtracking limit".

When I went back, it had erased everything and I got too annoyed to fill it back out. I guess I'll do it tomorrow. Again. :mad:

I just tried to submit and it told me that I had "exceeded my backtracking limit".

When I went back, it had erased everything and I got too annoyed to fill it back out. I guess I'll do it tomorrow. Again. :mad:

WTF?!?!?! backtracking limit?

Cornell's website is so boring to read... there's nothing about student life, even though the students love it there!

I can't find any info on campus extracurricular activities, artsy stuff and so on...

Columbia and Mt. Sinai were filled with boatlods of information on extracurricular stuff

Are extracurriculars a good reason to choose on school over another? (I'm not criticizing your choice, bozz. I'm just trying to figure out how to best answer the question...)

sss403: Submitted: 7/10, Letters rec'd: 6/12, Complete: 7/10

uvabme2009: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: 7/16, Complete: 7/16

chad5871: Submitted: 7/15, Letters rec'd: 7/17, Complete: 7/18

Hi all, did you get a confirmation e-mail from Cornell after submitting? I seem to have missed that...

Isis24: Submitted: 7/22, Letters rec/d: ??, Complete: ??

Hi all, did you get a confirmation e-mail from Cornell after submitting? I seem to have missed that...

Yes, and they specified in the instructions that you have to click on all the "confirm" buttons. There's one at the end which you may have missed. after you pay, it says "thank you" (or something like that), but you still have to click "confirm transaction" one more time to submit your app.

Yes, and they specified in the instructions that you have to click on all the "confirm" buttons. There's one at the end which you may have missed. after you pay, it says "thank you" (or something like that), but you still have to click "confirm transaction" one more time to submit your app.

Hmm...well I definitley clicked the confirm button as many times as it took to get back to the homepage for the secondary.

Apparently logging into the secondary screen, Cornell says that they have my app and that it's under review. But I never got a confirmation. I'm not sure if it's worth it to call. Meh, we'll see.

Thanks guys :)

ar2388: Submitted: 7/14, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??
Isis24: Submitted: 7/22, Letters rec/d: ??, Complete: ??

Isis24: Submitted: 7/22, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??
TheVerve: Submitted: 7/22, Letter rec'd: ??, Complete: ??

Isis24: Submitted: 7/22, Letters rec'd: 7/23, Complete: 7/23
TheVerve: Submitted: 7/22, Letter rec'd: ??, Complete: ??

TheVerve: Submitted: 7/22, Letter rec'd: 7/23, Complete: 7/23

Hi I need advice on whether or not to apply to Cornell one of my dream school among many:laugh:

My stats are below their stats

v=8
ps=13
bio=11

Gpa= 3.6 sgpa 3.5
I know its not competitive but should I waste money on Cornell?
Are they the type of school to look at the whole person application or JUst at The #
I just realized this process is a waste of money :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Hi I need advice on whether or not to apply to Cornell one of my dream school among many:laugh:

My stats are below their stats

v=8
ps=13
bio=11

Gpa= 3.6 sgpa 3.5
I know its not competitive but should I waste money on Cornell?
Are they the type of school to look at the whole person application or JUst at The #
I just realized this process is a waste of money :rolleyes:

Thank you.

i went to a mentor/mentee thing at cornell last year and met a few students whose gpa's were 3.5 and under. it seems like cornell looks at the whole picture and will consider EC's and research and volunteering and whatnot. then again, i also met a girl with over a 4.0 gpa and an MCAT over 40 (41 or 42 i believe)... so maybe they like both types? the best number AND/OR awesome EC's and stuff?

For academic referees on AMCAS it says they require 2 science professors, while on their website they just want 2 professors that know your work well. Is that just a mistake on their part? I probably won't apply if they do need 2 science.

For academic referees on AMCAS it says they require 2 science professors, while on their website they just want 2 professors that know your work well. Is that just a mistake on their part? I probably won't apply if they do need 2 science.
I'd go with what their website says. Or you can just call.

Why is our Cornell thread not filled with excited replies?! I looooooooove Cornell!!!!!!!

Why is our Cornell thread not filled with excited replies?! I looooooooove Cornell!!!!!!!
same here! i would absolutely sell my soul to go to cornell... :( any diea when the adcom meets?

cornell = dream.... even if i just get an interview, i will be so happy

Yea I will probably end up calling them.

I don't know about y'all, but I try to avoid coming into these threads for dreamy schools. Too depressing. At least Cornell hasn't started interviewing yet, right? :luck:

Yea I will probably end up calling them.

I don't know about y'all, but I try to avoid coming into these threads for dreamy schools. Too depressing. At least Cornell hasn't started interviewing yet, right? :luck:
no.. thank god. haha
i wish there were a way to find out when adcoms meet for specific schools..

so once i logged into the cornell secondary page, it says this:

Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March.

does that mean we will not hear anything from them until dec?

so once i logged into the cornell secondary page, it says this:

Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March.

does that mean we will not hear anything from them until dec?

The way I interpreted that was to mean that they start rejecting people in December, and handing out acceptances in March. So interview invitations should be going out sometime before then.

I could be totally off-base though.

ar2388: Submitted: 7/14, Letters rec'd: 8/6, Complete: 8/6
TheVerve: Submitted: 7/22, Letter rec'd: 7/23, Complete: 7/23

Status
Not open for further replies.