2008-2009 Cornell Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
copingmethods: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: 7/11
uvabme2009: Submitted: 7/8, Letters rec'd: 7/16, Complete: 7/16
rplyler1: Submitted: 7/9, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??
sss403: Submitted: 7/10, Letters rec'd: 6/12, Complete: 7/10
dr drummer: Submitted: 7/11, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete: ??
ar2388: Submitted: 7/14, Letters rec'd: 8/6, Complete: 8/6
chad5871: Submitted: 7/15, Letters rec'd: 7/17, Complete: 7/18
Isis24: Submitted: 7/22, Letters rec'd: 7/23, Complete: 7/23
TheVerve: Submitted: 7/22, Letter rec'd: 7/23, Complete: 7/23
Lynkeus: Submitted 8/6, Letters rec'd: 7/21, Complete 8/13

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm trying to submit this form, and whenever I submit, it removes the paragraph break from my essay. Did any of the rest of you have this problem?

Can you write more than 200 words on the essays? B/c when I copy and paste over, it accepts it, but I hope that when I submit it, it will stay there?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would not. i had to cut mine down a bit to get it to 200 words.. i would say follow the directions..

Can you write more than 200 words on the essays? B/c when I copy and paste over, it accepts it, but I hope that when I submit it, it will stay there?

im 99% sure it wont cut u (the only time they cut u off is if they specify a character limit)... though i would def try to follow directions and keep around 200... usually, for these things, ure allowed to be 10% above the limit... so 220 max :)

rplyler1: Submitted: 7/9, Letters rec'd: 7/16, Complete: 7/16

Did anyone receive an email saying that your application is complete? I never got one, but when I log in, it says that it's under review.

whoa! cornell says under review?! i did get an email the day of or after my LORs were sent in. but I am under review too!

Hey all,

I just wanted to do some verification with you guys.

I have a committee letter coming in. On the form it says if I have such a packet coming in, all I need to put is the institution that it is coming from.

For those who have a committee letter, you did put the institution under "Name" or "Affiliation"?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I just wanted to do some verification with you guys.

I have a committee letter coming in. On the form it says if I have such a packet coming in, all I need to put is the institution that it is coming from.

For those who have a committee letter, you did put the institution under "Name" or "Affiliation"?

Thanks!

I did it under "Affiliation" but I'm sure it's fine either way; they're smart people, they'll get it! :hardy:

Did anyone receive an email saying that your application is complete? I never got one, but when I log in, it says that it's under review.

I got an email that was titled: Your Weill Cornell application is complete

"Greetings! We have the pleasure of informing you that your application for the admission to the 2009 entering class at Weill Cornell is complete. ..."

My status says:

Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March.

Anyone else get the lovely Cornell booklet in the mail? It's all glossy and it ACTUALLY explains PBL in detail, which is kinda great.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get the lovely Cornell booklet in the mail? It's all glossy and it ACTUALLY explains PBL in detail, which is kinda great.

You get mail on Sundays?:laugh:

aww not yet but definitely looking frward to getting it!

I wonder when interviews are coming. Cornell is my top choice!

i got a booklet along with letters from student affairs and the equal opportunity program office. (i didn't apply here. they got my info from med-mar).

Is anyone else's status blank?

no, mine still says under review

JoJo23497: Submitted 8/29, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete ??

Hi all,

For listing courses...

Cornell says that we should "Enter the information as you did on the AMCAS."

There's a spot for Term, and Term Year.

With regards to Term Year, do we put the actual year that we took the course, or the school year?

For example, if you took a course in the third quarter of the 2006-2007 school year (i.e., the class was held in the Spring Quarter of 2007), on AMCAS it lists the course as Q3 and 2006 (rather than 2007) for the year.

On Cornell, would you list this course as 2006 or 2007?

Thanks!!

does anyone (current student or others) know anything about the Health Research Training Program at Cornell? The pdf is so old-looking and I can't find any other information about it on their website.

Thanks! :D

I was hoping anybody (current Cornell students?) could clarify the seeming contradiction:
Cornell claims on its website that the patient population "may be the most diverse in the world," meanwhile, everybody knocks Cornell for serving the wealthy Upper East Side.

Can anybody give some evidence as to their very diverse patient population, which MAY be the most diverse in the world? I couldn't find any such proof on their website. Thanks!

is the fee payment link not working for anyone else? after i entered all my info and submitted, and then clicked continue to pay the fee, it said the paypal link is not working! ack!!

I was hoping anybody (current Cornell students?) could clarify the seeming contradiction:
Cornell claims on its website that the patient population "may be the most diverse in the world," meanwhile, everybody knocks Cornell for serving the wealthy Upper East Side.

Can anybody give some evidence as to their very diverse patient population, which MAY be the most diverse in the world? I couldn't find any such proof on their website. Thanks!

I did a program at Cornell over the summer. NYP hospital is located on the upper east side, a very posh area (think park ave princesses) BUT it also serves areas like Washington Heights, Spanish Harlem and other diverse areas. So while it is located in a wealthy area, they do treat diverse patients from underserved areas. I wouldn't say that a majority of their patients are from these areas though. It's NYC diversity is everywhere

Hi all,

For listing courses...

Cornell says that we should "Enter the information as you did on the AMCAS."

There's a spot for Term, and Term Year.

With regards to Term Year, do we put the actual year that we took the course, or the school year?

For example, if you took a course in the third quarter of the 2006-2007 school year (i.e., the class was held in the Spring Quarter of 2007), on AMCAS it lists the course as Q3 and 2006 (rather than 2007) for the year.

On Cornell, would you list this course as 2006 or 2007?

Thanks!!

When I called them, they said that they wanted the year listed on the AMCAS application. However, the lady on the other end of the phone seemed either to not fully understand my question or not be entirely sure of the answer.

When I called them, they said that they wanted the year listed on the AMCAS application. However, the lady on the other end of the phone seemed either to not fully understand my question or not be entirely sure of the answer.

I listed it the actual year.

anyone got their interview invite yet? I just got mine today, and its in 2 weeks. just curious?

when were u complete?

congrats by the way!, i'm very jealous... cornell is my dream school... gah..

anyone got their interview invite yet? I just got mine today, and its in 2 weeks. just curious?

Yep, I got mine today! I'm hoping to schedule it for October, as I'm going out to the East Coast that month.

wow. congratulations!! when were you complete? was this an email invite?

It was actually my first interview invite scheduled for 9/24 and I was complete on 8/26 surprisingly. Really weird. If you guys are curious as to stats, and what not cuz most peeps are here it seems, I have a md apps profile, just kinda confused as to how you attach it to your student doctor profile ( I am new to student doc). If anyone can tell me. Anyway good luck to all!

It was actually my first interview invite scheduled for 9/24 and I was complete on 8/26 surprisingly. Really weird. If you guys are curious as to stats, and what not cuz most peeps are here it seems, I have a md apps profile, just kinda confused as to how you attach it to your student doctor profile ( I am new to student doc). If anyone can tell me. Anyway good luck to all!

Near the top of the studentdoctor screen, click on My Account. Then on the left hand side, click on "Edit Your details" (under Your Profile heading). Then scroll to the bottom and look for the MDapplicants ID. Enter your MDapps number and then click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.

Congrats on the invite!!

how did people answer the "If you are not attending college during the 2008-9 academic year, what are your plans?"

ie : work at x. volunteer at y.

or "work at bla bla where i do x y z. volunteer at bla bla where i do x y z.

mine is only like 50 words if i dont explain them!

Thanks alot. anyone got their interview scheduled for 9/24 the wednesday of this month

my question above ^^

anyone got an answer??

I did your second format. I tried to include only the important stuff.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's a correlation between early interviews and acceptance rates at schools that don't have rolling admissions, like Cornell? Do they tell you in December or wait until March?
Copingmethods- do you have a profile on MDapps?

Thanks!

I dunno man I am just as new to this process as you are. Just pray to the medical school gods. The process is so arbitrary, who knows. Just gota roll with it and hope for the best.

come on cornell, i love you so much. why no love going back my way?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's a correlation between early interviews and acceptance rates at schools that don't have rolling admissions, like Cornell? Do they tell you in December or wait until March?
Copingmethods- do you have a profile on MDapps?

Thanks!

Cornell accepts the superstars in December. Meaning if they really like you, they will accept you. But they only accept VERY VERY few in December

fuzzy how do u know this? are u sure, or just busting balls. just curious

come on cornell, i love you so much. why no love going back my way?

ar2388, i'm totally jealous of all your interviews so far...upenn is one of my top choices and they have yet to show me the love (although cornell has...). i'm sure it will come your way soon!

fuzzy how do u know this? are u sure, or just busting balls. just curious

I was following the cornell thread last year. and yes they do accept a select few during December. Also, this is what I heard from some Cornell students also

iheartcats, i would trade you upenn for cornell in a heartbeat lol

JoJo23497: Submitted 8/29, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete ??
ami1983: Submitted 9/12, Letters rec'd: ??, Complete ??

Status
Not open for further replies.