2008-2009 Emory Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
B. Briefly describe (in 100 words or less) what you are doing if you are no longer a fulltime student.

C. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any health-related experience and/or research experience (volunteer or employed). Also, indicate the time and frequency of your involvement. Note: If you have had experience in several health-related areas, list each with a very brief description. Or, you may choose the most meaningful experience and describe it in more detail.

D. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) your interest in Emory.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You tease!
Posted via Mobile Device

^seriously lol.. I get scared everytime this happens

Members don't see this ad :)
ah, how cruel. anyone know when it's coming out?

I just called to ask if the questions were the same as last year. The lady said they will be "similar" and said it would "probably be available at the end of this week." Hmm...interesting.

Does someone have/know of last year's secondary prompts that I can look at, at least? Last year's thread doesn't have an actual link to the prompt.

Does someone have/know of last year's secondary prompts that I can look at, at least? Last year's thread doesn't have an actual link to the prompt.

I believe it's this:

A. If it was not included on your AMCAS application, please list your entire curriculum plan for the 2006-2007 academic year. (If you are not currently in school, you may leave this question blank.)
B. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) what you are doing if you are no longer a fulltime student.
C. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any health-related experience and/or research experience (volunteer or employed). Also, indicate the time and frequency of your involvement. Note: If you have had experience in several health-related areas, list each with a very brief description. Or, you may choose the most meaningful experience and describe it in more detail.
D. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any special interests attracting you to Emory.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Ignore this post, i'm just doing administrative stuff. Is this secondary not out yet?

What were they last year, Vihs?

Members don't see this ad :)
here you go retsage

I believe it's this:

A. If it was not included on your AMCAS application, please list your entire curriculum plan for the 2006-2007 academic year. (If you are not currently in school, you may leave this question blank.)
B. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) what you are doing if you are no longer a fulltime student.
C. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any health-related experience and/or research experience (volunteer or employed). Also, indicate the time and frequency of your involvement. Note: If you have had experience in several health-related areas, list each with a very brief description. Or, you may choose the most meaningful experience and describe it in more detail.
D. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any special interests attracting you to Emory.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Most of these questions seem pretty repetitive of what should already be on the AMCAS -- especially C. I hate it when they do that.

These questions seem pretty easy, which is good and bad. Low effort, but less opportunity to shine.

Most of these questions seem pretty repetitive of what should already be on the AMCAS -- especially C. I hate it when they do that.

These questions seem pretty easy, which is good and bad. Low effort, but less opportunity to shine.

Yeah well I guess you could call Duke's secondary an opportunity to shine, but I'd call it 5 essays up the ass

it is now august 30th. the month is officially over. call me an ******* but where's the application? i need just a little bit of closure in my life.

Well, we won't hear anything from them on Monday since it's a holiday. :(

Does anyone know the reason for the delay? At this rate, their first interview dates will be in late October/early November. :smuggrin:

Well, we won't hear anything from them on Monday since it's a holiday. :(

Does anyone know the reason for the delay? At this rate, their first interview dates will be in late October/early November. :smuggrin:

From poking around their site and last year's application I think they are having some technical difficulties in getting the system to properly save responses. (Wild speculation)

yeah its crazy how long emory has postponed their secondary. it was initially at the top of my list but at this point, i can't afford to invest any more $ into secondaries since interview season is starting and i am completely burned out from writing all those essays. seems like they may lose a few applicants to this.

From poking around their site and last year's application I think they are having some technical difficulties in getting the system to properly save responses. (Wild speculation)

Hmmmmmm....

So uh... did Emory decide to close down shop for a year or something?

I mean, Emory is a wonderful school that I'd love to go to but... with interviews and stuff rolling along, I really don't think I would actually fill out their application if I got it now. I'm sure many other people think the same way.

I guess this could weed out people too so it may actually be a strategy. Who knows?

I mean, Emory is a wonderful school that I'd love to go to but... with interviews and stuff rolling along, I really don't think I would actually fill out their application if I got it now. I'm sure many other people think the same way.

I guess this could weed out people too so it may actually be a strategy. Who knows?

They're probably gonna offer less interviews to compensate for the delay. :scared:

Judging by your stats, I would highly appreciate it if it worked to weed you out! :laugh:

Yea, i'm a harmless mudphud so I won't be stealing any seats from you guys. First interview coming up in two weeks. So nervous! :scared:

Who's gonna e-mail Emory and ask what the hold up is? :cool:

Who's gonna e-mail Emory and ask what the hold up is? :cool:

they always send it out late...it was late last year and they consider EVERYONE who has a complete app before some date in Oct to be in their "first wave" of applicants.

Emory is up kids :cool:, Game time :thumbup:

received an email at 11:20 est

https://emorymed.emory.edu/admissions

The email says this in the first blurb:

"We are happy to announce that we have opened the 2009 Emory Supplemental Application website to our first round of applicants. Thank you for your patience!"

Not sure if you must have the email or not. They say you can only use Microsoft Internet Explorer, and only on a PC, and also to enable cookies and what not.

Good luck everyone

To access the app you have to use the link to create a user name and password.

I was able to log in, but it looks quite funky (I'm using an old Internet explorer on a mac). So I'm gonna have to wait until I head back onto campus later today to check it out completely.

sorry, having a few computer issues.

Seems to be the same as last year:

A. If it was not included on your AMCAS application, please list your entire curriculum plan for the 2008-2009 academic year. (If you are not currently in school, you may leave this question blank.)

B. Briefly describe (in 100 words or less) what you are doing if you are no longer a fulltime student.

D. Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) your interest in Emory.

Prompts C and D are required for submission of the secondary.

I login, click on MD / MD/MPH and see a screen with text, but no secondary application.

Either I'm stupid or this link is really hard to find or I just can't access it. They haven't sent me an email about the secondary being up yet.

Did the server just crash? It was up one minute and down the other. How does one circumvent this ridiculous $100 app fee without getting a waiver from AMCAS?

I got logged in and am able to see it, but whenever I click "Save and Continue" from the first page with names and addresses, etc. it just freezes and won't go anywhere.

I came to the library and am using IE on a PC. I copied and pasted the link and I think cookies should be set. Anyone get it to work?? :mad:

I got logged in and am able to see it, but whenever I click "Save and Continue" from the first page with names and addresses, etc. it just freezes and won't go anywhere.

I came to the library and am using IE on a PC. I copied and pasted the link and I think cookies should be set. Anyone get it to work?? :mad:

I'm having the same exact issue. :(

Maybe all of you guys should just take a deeeeeep breath and do it tomorrow. Emory hasn't even sent an email out about their secondary yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.