2008-2009 Emory Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all of you guys should just take a deeeeeep breath and do it tomorrow. Emory hasn't even sent an email out about their secondary yet!

Nope, they definitely did. Got mine last night.

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously? Mind telling us what's on it?

Oh sorry, I thought someone posted it!

Here 'tis:

We are happy to announce that we have opened the 2009 Emory Supplemental Application website to our first round of applicants. Thank you for your patience!

We know that you are anxious to log-on and submit your application, but we ask that you first take a moment to READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS - especially the following technical requirements for accessing the site:

1. Use a PC WITH INTERNET EXPLORER (version 6.0 or later).
Mac users: The Emory Supplemental Application pages will not be fully functional on a Mac.

2. ENABLE FIRST-PARTY COOKIES and set your privacy level to Medium-High or lower (in Internet Explorer, the privacy settings are found on the Tools/Internet Options menu, under the Privacy tab).

3. Do not click on the hyperlink below. CUT AND PASTE the web address into the web browser URL box to enter the site (you may experience technical difficulty saving your information if you click on a hyperlink from your email).

4. View the application in FULL SCREEN.

5. Do NOT use your web browser back/forward buttons to navigate the supplemental site (your data may not be saved). Please use the SAVE AND EXIT or SAVE AND CONTINUE buttons at the end of each step to be sure your data is saved properly.

Please also note that if the application site sits idle for more than 30 minutes, your session may be timed out and any unsaved entries may be lost.

You may access the online Emory Supplemental Application at:

(DO NOT CLICK ON THE ADDRESS BELOW. PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE ADDRESS INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER.)

https://emorymed.emory.edu/admissions

You will need to create a user ID and password to access the site. Please choose an ID and password that you can easily remember!

1. At the login screen, click on SETUP A NEW ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD.

2. Create your user ID and password, and type in your last name and AMCAS ID number. Click on the SUBMIT button.

3. You will then be taken back to the main login screen. Type in the user ID and password you just created.

4. Please review the GENERAL INFORMATION and INSTRUCTIONS steps very carefully. These steps will provide you with important details for completing the Emory Supplemental Application.

Thank you for your interest in Emory School of Medicine. We look forward to receiving your application soon!

Sincerely,

The Medical School Admissions Staff
Emory University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
i didnt get the email yet but id figure id try to log on myself. i set up my acct but when i try to log in it takes me to the prospective students page on their main site... anyone have ideas?

i didnt get the email yet but id figure id try to log on myself. i set up my acct but when i try to log in it takes me to the prospective students page on their main site... anyone have ideas?

Yeah, me too. They must be restricting it to those that have received official emails. I guess when they send us an e-mail its an indication that our AMCAS app has been properly sorted/indexed by the admissions office.

Is anybody having problems with the "Where will you be during interview season box?" :confused:

Is anybody having problems with the "Where will you be during interview season box?" :confused:

Yep, I did. When I tried to enter my college, city and state and press "save and continue" it didn't work. So I left it blank, pressed "save and exit" then re-logged in and when I went to verify my application, I then edited the box and just put the state, and it worked. Don't know what the deal is.

Yep, I did. When I tried to enter my college, city and state and press "save and continue" it didn't work. So I left it blank, pressed "save and exit" then re-logged in and when I went to verify my application, I then edited the box and just put the state, and it worked. Don't know what the deal is.

I'mma do the same. Thanks CuFroggie. ;)

Yeah, me too. They must be restricting it to those that have received official emails. I guess when they send us an e-mail its an indication that our AMCAS app has been properly sorted/indexed by the admissions office.

I don't think so... I received Emory's "We got your AMCAS!" email a while ago, but I did not get Emory's "Our Secondary is Up!" email...:confused:

I don't think so... I received Emory's "We got your AMCAS!" email a while ago, but I did not get Emory's "Our Secondary is Up!" email...:confused:

Hmmm...they're probably just sending them out in batches. Maybe according to verification date? When were you verified?

I dunno. :confused:

At least you can go ahead and write the essays (silver lining). :)

Hmm... still doesn't work for me. :(

So many rules for the webpage. . . at least is is electronic, but seriously, no macs?

Certainly doesn't help me fill out the "what attracts me to emory" part

I'm still waitin, but I was verified last week of July, so I maintain my calmness. Their IT department must be a bunch of chimps bangin on abaci. Who the hell makes their app only available on PC with IE... between 4:15 and 4:30 AM on the odd Tuesdays of months with recognized nat'l holidays

Members don't see this ad :)

No, I guess I got that one too a loooong time ago. I mean, maybe they are just now going through and actually linking everyone's primary with his and her secondary, who knows...

Someone PM me the prompt so I can post it. Thanks!

WTF man. Emory needs to get it movin! LOL...:scared:

I had a lot of problems with the "interview season" box as well! And after submitting my application, for some reason I cannot even get to the page today. But I talked to the admissions office and they seemed really nice and kinda over-stressed so I thought I would give them some time.... that and they said and e-mail confirmation will be sent when everything is received and confirmed.

If it was not included on your AMCAS application, please list your entire curriculum plan for the 2008-2009 academic year. (If you are not currently in school, you may leave this question blank.)

How detailed/accurate does this have to be? I only have my 2-3 required classes each quarter planned out and will probably fill the rest of the slots with whatever random electives seem interesting/fit nicely into my schedule. Is it okay to just write something like "Spring 2009: Course A, Course B, 300-Level Chem Course, 1 Elective"? Is it a big deal if I list a class, but end up taking something else?

Anyone else still not able to log in? I just get transferred to the prospective students page every time I enter my login info. Thanks.

Anyone else still not able to log in? I just get transferred to the prospective students page every time I enter my login info. Thanks.

Did you get the e-mail yet? It seems that those who haven't gotten the e-mail yet aren't able to log in.

Is it the same secondary prompts as last year then?

is it true that emory students can do clinical work abroad as an elective? i can't find it on there site, but i read it on a different site....

is it true that emory students can do clinical work abroad as an elective? i can't find it on there site, but i read it on a different site....

Yeah.. I found it on their site when I was snooping around yesterday to answer the essay question. I'm not sure where though..

Did you get the e-mail yet? It seems that those who haven't gotten the e-mail yet aren't able to log in.

i had not at the time that i posed the question. I now received the email and can login. I guess that was the issue. Thanks.

I got the secondary today too but my email was slightly different than the one above- something about you have now been granted access to the secondary- I didn't think they screened?

I have a test and paper due tomorrow so I will be doing that this weekend

Has ANYONE been able to submit this secondary yet? :mad:

I submitted today. I received the app yesterday, but was having trouble logging on and with a few other parts of the app. Today everything worked fine, though.

How detailed/accurate does this have to be? I only have my 2-3 required classes each quarter planned out and will probably fill the rest of the slots with whatever random electives seem interesting/fit nicely into my schedule. Is it okay to just write something like "Spring 2009: Course A, Course B, 300-Level Chem Course, 1 Elective"? Is it a big deal if I list a class, but end up taking something else?

I'm planning to just write "Tentative Schedule, Spring 2009" and put down what I think I'll be taking. I'm sure they understand it isn't likely set in stone yet, and just want a general idea.

I finally got the email and I finally can see the application. It seems like they're allowing access to each individual person.

B. Briefly describe (in 100 words or less) what you are doing if you are no longer a fulltime student.

C. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any health-related experience and/or research experience (volunteer or employed). Also, indicate the time and frequency of your involvement. Note: If you have had experience in several health-related areas, list each with a very brief description. Or, you may choose the most meaningful experience and describe it in more detail.

D. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) your interest in Emory.

I submitted yesterday and received the "you are complete" email today. It says "Invitations to interview will be offered from now until the end of February." So it looks they could get moving on things pretty quickly here. They better, though, considering they have not been on the ball so far.

C. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) any health-related experience and/or research experience (volunteer or employed). Also, indicate the time and frequency of your involvement. Note: If you have had experience in several health-related areas, list each with a very brief description. Or, you may choose the most meaningful experience and describe it in more detail.

D. * Briefly describe (in approximately 100 words) your interest in Emory.
I'm going to need to take that "approximately" to actually mean "many more than"..

Bah. :hungover:

is Econ not considered under the social/behavioral sciences and/or humanities>

Is anyone else having trouble simply creating a username and password? I'm using IE (as much as I hate it) and following all their instructions.

is Econ not considered under the social/behavioral sciences and/or humanities>

I'm pretty sure Econ is a social science. Definitely not a humanities. I never took an econ course (thank goodness) so I'm not totally sure.

Any idea when the first wave of interviews is expected to be sent out?

Is anyone else having trouble simply creating a username and password? I'm using IE (as much as I hate it) and following all their instructions.

yes, i had to try 3 times, using IE

Submitted :thumbup:

Come-on swift invite! I haven't heard anything from a single school in a month :mad:

anyone submit their essay with more than 100 words? Is it a suggestion, or a restriction (ie do they cut it off?)

Thanks

anyone submit their essay with more than 100 words? Is it a suggestion, or a restriction (ie do they cut it off?)

Thanks

I did. One of mine was 115 words, the others were 100 and 98. It submitted just fine, and there was even more space in the little box that I didn't fill with the longer one.

The application is not letting me save anything and I am getting really frustrated... anyone else have this problem?

The application is not letting me save anything and I am getting really frustrated... anyone else have this problem?
Are you using the latest internet explorer on a PC?, I know I had to search out a non-mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.