***Official 2008-2009 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So LET and I have decided together that with acceptances being thrown around under the table already that this thread needed to be started.

Enjoy, and hey, October 15th looms on the horizon!

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the school's name to the title of the post.
4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of acceptance notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of acceptance.
7) Click submit
8) Go back and edit your post appropriately because you probably still messed up even though I laid it out step by step for you.
9) Feel stupid if you had to comply to step 8.

2008-2009 Acceptance Thread (A-T)

2008-2009 Acceptance Thread (U-Z)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, guys, this is really exciting! I know some EVMS people should be ready to contribute to this thread at this point. :thumbup:

You are telling me man. I have an interview at what may very well be my top choice when all is said and done tomorrow. I can't even imagine what I'm gonna do if I get accepted there.

So LET and I have decided together that with acceptances being thrown around under the table already that this thread needed to be started.

Enjoy, and hey, October 15th looms on the horizon!

4) Find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
5) Add the method of acceptance notification if it is not already there (Phone Call, E-mail, Snail Mail, etc)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, interview date, in state (IS) or out of state (OOS) status, and, most importantly, the date of acceptance.
7) Click submit
8) Go back and edit your post appropriately because you probably still messed up even though I laid it out step by step for you.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::laugh:

So...where were you all accepted. Five posts into the "acceptance thread" and no acceptances revealed?

Man, I can't wait until I can finally add myself to this list. I had to watch it fill up then drop off into oblivion from the sidelines last year. :(

School of Hard Knocks: ChubbyChaser
School of LOVE: ChubbyChaser

7) Click submit

School of Hard Knocks: ChubbyChaser
School of LOVE: ChubbyChaser
Harvard, Yale, Hopkins, Wash U: LET (day she interviewed, cause she's URM)

7) Click submit

Harvard, Yale, Hopkins, Wash U: LET (day she interviewed, cause she's URM)

I thought they accepted you automatically once you submitted your primary, and the secondary/interview were just a show for all the other applicants so they wouldn't be bitter. :p

Yeah, I thought I'd just have to submit to the Med-Mar and then I'd be given acceptances, scholarships, and a car, but it seems all the general pre-med whining about URMs has gotten to the adcoms and now they actually have to pretend to care why I want to be a doctor.

It's a sad time to be URM, kids.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I thought I'd just have to submit to the Med-Mar and then I'd be given acceptances, scholarships, and a car, but it seems all the general pre-med whining about URMs has gotten to the adcoms and now they actually have to pretend to care why I want to be a doctor.

It's a sad time to be URM, kids.
You rev my engine.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, but getting Shaft's car makes it official. Otherwise, booty pleasing is just sort of an understood duty. Think of it like getting your long white coat after 4th year. You've signed your residency contract, and it's understood that you're now some hospital's b*tch. Once you get that coat, they can point to it and say "Yep, you're our b*tch." Note that being a hospital's b*tch will not interrupt my booty-pleasing endeavors. No booties were harmed or left unpleased during the production of this message.

Eastern Virginia (self phone call prior to Oct. 15th, snail mail post Oct. 15th): uvabme2009 (I: 9/3, IS, A: 9/23)

7) Click submit

Eastern Virginia (self phone call prior to Oct. 15th, snail mail post Oct. 15th): uvabme2009 (I: 9/3, IS, A: 9/23)

Wake Forest (email) : gates_2 (I: 9/9, OOS, A: 9/29)

7) Click submit

EVMS (self phone call prior to Oct. 15th, snail mail post Oct. 15th): uvabme2009 (I: 9/3, IS, A: 9/23)
Wake Forest(email): gates_2 (I: 9/9, OOS, A: 9/29)

7) Click submit

I know this doesn't count in the pre-allo thread, but I just got accepted to a DO school. I'm going to be a freaking doctor.:D:p

These people have to be EDP, right? I thought you have to wait till Oct 15.

These people have to be EDP, right? I thought you have to wait till Oct 15.

I don't think they're all EDP. I think some schools just break the rules and let you know if you're in before Oct 15 (right after their adcom meeting) even though they're technically not supposed to. Unfortunately, most schools follow the rules (which rhymes, and is annoying).

Congratulations on Wake, gates_2! That's pretty impressive :) I just totally want to ask "how"...

And redrumi, of course you're gonna be a doctor!!!! YAYAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think you should still post what school ;) D.O. should not be "banned" from pre-allo...close cousins and whatnot :D

I don't think they're all EDP. I think some schools just break the rules and let you know if you're in before Oct 15 (right after their adcom meeting) even though they're technically not supposed to. Unfortunately, most schools follow the rules (which rhymes, and is annoying).

Sweet, you can be the first rapperMD. :smuggrin:

EVMS (self phone call prior to Oct. 15th, snail mail post Oct. 15th): uvabme2009 (I: 9/3, IS, A: 9/23)
Wake Forest(email): gates_2 (I: 9/9, OOS, A: 9/29); ChubbyChaser(A: 9/29, IS)

7) Click submit

Last edited:
And redrumi, of course you're gonna be a doctor!!!! YAYAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think you should still post what school ;) D.O. should not be "banned" from pre-allo...close cousins and whatnot :D

Thanks pianola and everyone else!!!!! :D I'll refrain from rocking the boat and not mix pre-osteo and pre-allo, just yet. :p

Congratulations on Wake, gates_2! That's pretty impressive :) I just totally want to ask "how"...

Thanks! Just came back from my USF interview today- I was actually pleasantly surprised with the quality of their patient care program. Nothing from UCF though

Thanks! Just came back from my USF interview today- I was actually pleasantly surprised with the quality of their patient care program. Nothing from UCF though

Yeah still nothing from USF on my end. Isn't this such a weird process? So unpredictable.

Good to hear that USF is nice. I really like the Tampa area in general. Haven't visited the med school ever, though.

I want to be able to make a contribution to this thread. I hate you chubbychaser.

Actually I don't, I love you. You know that.

Made a call into IUSM to check my status and was verified that my EDP application was accepted for the class of 2013.

I know that it is obvious right now, but for the sake of clarity down the line (that is, after October 15th), you might want to specify whether or not you applied via an EDP (when using the "official" formatted text).

Got accepted into University of Kansas SOM (early decision) yesterday. Best day of my life

University of Cincinnati(email notification of status update): bjb305 (I: 9/12, IS (EDP), A: 9/23)

7) Click submit

Wasn't the rule not before October 15/16/whichever it is?

I just got accepted to FSU! I did not apply early decision.

I am so excited!

Count me in! Medical College of Georgia class of 2013.

BTW, this happened on the 26th of August and I was an EDP applicant.

Last edited:
University of Cincinnati(email notification of status update): bjb305 (I: 9/12, IS (EDP), A: 9/23)
IUSM (phone call): zaibatsu(EDP, A:9/30)
University of Kansas: KSDeacon (EDP, A:9/30)
FSU: JAL05 (not EDP, A:10/1)
Medical College of Georgia: fahimaz7 (A:10/1)

7) Click submit

oops sorry about the formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.