*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2025-2026 *~*~*~*~*

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, prospective applicant. I took a science course that is a prerequisite online, but I took the lab in person. I called several TMDSAS schools to ask about this and they said it was fine. When I called TAMU to ask about this, they told me they accept virtual labs and virtual classes. However on MSAR, it says they don't accept online classes. Can anyone provide any information on this discrepancy?

On my transcript, the class does not indicate being online. I know TMDSAS asks if it was, but how would I enter it if part was online and part was in person? Lab and lecture are combined as one thing on my transcript so I can't enter them separately. If my transcript doesn't show anything, can I just put them as regular courses?
 
Hi, prospective applicant. I took a science course that is a prerequisite online, but I took the lab in person. I called several TMDSAS schools to ask about this and they said it was fine. When I called TAMU to ask about this, they told me they accept virtual labs and virtual classes. However on MSAR, it says they don't accept online classes. Can anyone provide any information on this discrepancy?

On my transcript, the class does not indicate being online. I know TMDSAS asks if it was, but how would I enter it if part was online and part was in person? Lab and lecture are combined as one thing on my transcript so I can't enter them separately. If my transcript doesn't show anything, can I just put them as regular courses?
Do you have an A?

The schools negotiate and accept substitutions if you can justify equivalency. Nothing on MSAR or for that matter even TMDSAS analysis are relevant once there is an A since the school is your final arbiter on what they will accept and from what I have seen over years, they are reasonably lenient if you can make your argument.
 
Do you have an A?

The schools negotiate and accept substitutions if you can justify equivalency. Nothing on MSAR or for that matter even TMDSAS analysis are relevant once there is an A since the school is your final arbiter on what they will accept and from what I have seen over years, they are reasonably lenient if you can make your argument.
I'm not sure if you mean A in the class or A as in acceptance lol, I did get an A in the class. I haven't applied yet, I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle and was just trying to figure out what I should put on TMDSAS when I have to fill out my coursework.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if you mean A in the class or A as in acceptance lol, I did get an A in the class. I haven't applied yet, I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle and was just trying to figure out what I should put on TMDSAS when I have to fill out my coursework.
Acceptance.

If you have not even applied, everything I mentioned is not applicable to you. My advise would be to try to meet requirements if you are still in school.
 
Hi, prospective applicant. I took a science course that is a prerequisite online, but I took the lab in person. I called several TMDSAS schools to ask about this and they said it was fine. When I called TAMU to ask about this, they told me they accept virtual labs and virtual classes. However on MSAR, it says they don't accept online classes. Can anyone provide any information on this discrepancy?

On my transcript, the class does not indicate being online. I know TMDSAS asks if it was, but how would I enter it if part was online and part was in person? Lab and lecture are combined as one thing on my transcript so I can't enter them separately. If my transcript doesn't show anything, can I just put them as regular courses?
Last year's application cycle, Texas A&M did not accept Online courses for any of their prerequisites.
The other TMDSAS schools did. I think you were smart to do the lab in person.
One more outlier is that Baylor does not accept AP credits for any of their prereqs including English.

I will usually do a search of all the Texas school websites in April to see if their pre-req rules have changed. Check the next year's official TMDSAS questions thread for information in a few months.
 
Last year's application cycle, Texas A&M did not accept Online courses for any of their prerequisites.
The other TMDSAS schools did. I think you were smart to do the lab in person.
One more outlier is that Baylor does not accept AP credits for any of their prereqs including English.

I will usually do a search of all the Texas school websites in April to see if their pre-req rules have changed. Check the next year's official TMDSAS questions thread for information in a few months.
So since I did the lab in person, how do I enter this on TMDSAS? It's a 4 hour course where the lab grade is factored into the overall grade with lecture, so I'm not sure how I should describe the class there.
 
Acceptance.

If you have not even applied, everything I mentioned is not applicable to you. My advise would be to try to meet requirements if you are still in school.
I'm going to be applying in May so I can't really retake the class before then. My main question is how I should go about filling out my coursework on the application, since my transcript doesn't indicate anything and it was technically a hybrid course.
 
So since I did the lab in person, how do I enter this on TMDSAS? It's a 4 hour course where the lab grade is factored into the overall grade with lecture, so I'm not sure how I should describe the class there.
Is it not listed in your transcript?
 
I'm going to be applying in May so I can't really retake the class before then. My main question is how I should go about filling out my coursework on the application, since my transcript doesn't indicate anything and it was technically a hybrid course.
People list their final year classes when inputting the classwork on tmdsas. Its not relevant to having completed any class since it will be listed as a future class for fall or spring.
 
Is it not listed in your transcript?
My transcript just says "Class XYZ - 4 hours"
It doesn't indicate anything as online. There's no separate credit hour for lab, my undergrad combines lab and lecture into one final grade.
From TMDSAS website:
  • There is no hybrid option. Please select between "RC - regular course/in-person" or "DL - distance learning/online course".
 
My transcript just says "Class XYZ - 4 hours"
It doesn't indicate anything as online. There's no separate credit hour for lab, my undergrad combines lab and lecture into one final grade.
From TMDSAS website:
  • There is no hybrid option. Please select between "RC - regular course/in-person" or "DL - distance learning/online course".
Labs are always tricky. if it is not separately listed, tmdsas will "DEFINITELY" list it as a deficiency if you dont have enough separate lab credits. taking lab inside a class wont count and no matter how much you argue with tmdsas they wont budge if your school doesn't break up into separate credits.
 
Labs are always tricky. if it is not separately listed, tmdsas will "DEFINITELY" list it as a deficiency if you dont have enough separate lab credits. taking lab inside a class wont count and no matter how much you argue with tmdsas they wont budge if your school doesn't break up into separate credits.
I was able to separate mine out into hours of lecture/hours of lab in TMDSAS even when it’s listed as only one class, and it appears that way on my PCR as well. I’m not sure about the Regular/Distance aspect in this scenario, but the lecture/lab in one part should be fine, it has an option for Lecture+Lab when entering coursework
 
Labs are always tricky. if it is not separately listed, tmdsas will "DEFINITELY" list it as a deficiency if you dont have enough separate lab credits. taking lab inside a class wont count and no matter how much you argue with tmdsas they wont budge if your school doesn't break up into separate credits.
From my understanding and what jmag said, you can put lecture + lab, my question is more on what's appropriate to put as the course type since it was technically hybrid. I'll call TMDSAS soon and see what they say, I was just wondering if anyone here had a similar scenario and what they did.
 
From my understanding and what jmag said, you can put lecture + lab, my question is more on what's appropriate to put as the course type since it was technically hybrid. I'll call TMDSAS soon and see what they say, I was just wondering if anyone here had a similar scenario and what they did.
TMDSAS will not "pre-answer" questions like this, unfortunately
However, if they disagree with your categorization of a class, they will "adjust" it in the verification process.
The soonest you can submit your TMDSAS app is May 15th.
Be sure to read through your app when they send you a message that it has been verified, to see if they changed anything.
 
TMDSAS will not "pre-answer" questions like this, unfortunately
However, if they disagree with your categorization of a class, they will "adjust" it in the verification process.
The soonest you can submit your TMDSAS app is May 15th.
Be sure to read through your app when they send you a message that it has been verified, to see if they changed anything.
So do you think it's fine to just put it as a regular course? How would they decide that they don't agree and that it should be online when no other info is being provided

Update: Just called TMDSAS and the person I spoke with said I can put it as a Lab+Lecture regular course since there's nothing on my transcript distinguishing it as online.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For tomorrow, do we just have to login to TMDSAS to know where we matched to, or are we going to get an email or something?
 
Transcript still says not required instead of received. Seems to look like I didn’t match?
Wait to see your message tomorrow on the TMDSAS portal.

Last year people were trying to read the crystal ball about whether or not they got a transcript request email, and it didn't completely correlate with who got matches.
Your portal message is the official news. Good luck tomorrow!
 
Wait to see your message tomorrow on the TMDSAS portal.

Last year people were trying to read the crystal ball about whether or not they got a transcript request email, and it didn't completely correlate with who got matches.
Your portal message is the official news. Good luck tomorrow!
Can you tell the great people of Reddit this they are going crazy lol
 
‘Twas the night before Match, when all through the state,
Texas pre-meds were pacing, bemoaning their fate.
The rank lists were locked in the portal with care,
In hopes that a “Matched” would soon appear there.
The applicants huddled, too anxious for sleep,
While visions of Austin and Houston did creep.
With Casper behind them and secondaries done,
They dreamed of a world where the cycle was won.
When out on the portal there arose such a clatter,
I logged into SDN to see what was the matter.
The "Texas MD/DO" thread was moving so fast,
Full of "Manifesting!" and "Is the wait finally past?"
The glow of the laptop, a blue-lighted haze,
Reflected a face that hadn’t slept in three days.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a PDF letter—the one I held dear!
With a logo so shiny, so bold and so grand,
I knew in a moment: the best school in the land.
More rapid than gunners, the emails they came,
And the Dean of Admissions, he called us by name:
"Now Long! Now McGovern! Now Foster and Dell!
On Baylor! On Southwestern! (And A&M as well!)
To the top of the rank list! To the hospital hall!
Now match away, match away, match away all!"
As leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet a rejection and start to cry,
So up to the campuses the students they flew,
With a pocket of loans, and a stethoscope too.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Filled the white coats with pens, then turned with a jerk.
And laying a finger aside of his nose,
Through the Match Day algorithm, an acceptance arose!
He sprang to his car, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like a Downstate dismissal.
But I heard him exclaim, as I refreshed the site:
"Happy Match Day to all, and to all a good night!"
 
‘Twas the night before Match, when all through the state,
Texas pre-meds were pacing, bemoaning their fate.
The rank lists were locked in the portal with care,
In hopes that a “Matched” would soon appear there.
The applicants huddled, too anxious for sleep,
While visions of Austin and Houston did creep.
With Casper behind them and secondaries done,
They dreamed of a world where the cycle was won.
When out on the portal there arose such a clatter,
I logged into SDN to see what was the matter.
The "Texas MD/DO" thread was moving so fast,
Full of "Manifesting!" and "Is the wait finally past?"
The glow of the laptop, a blue-lighted haze,
Reflected a face that hadn’t slept in three days.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a PDF letter—the one I held dear!
With a logo so shiny, so bold and so grand,
I knew in a moment: the best school in the land.
More rapid than gunners, the emails they came,
And the Dean of Admissions, he called us by name:
"Now Long! Now McGovern! Now Foster and Dell!
On Baylor! On Southwestern! (And A&M as well!)
To the top of the rank list! To the hospital hall!
Now match away, match away, match away all!"
As leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet a rejection and start to cry,
So up to the campuses the students they flew,
With a pocket of loans, and a stethoscope too.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Filled the white coats with pens, then turned with a jerk.
And laying a finger aside of his nose,
Through the Match Day algorithm, an acceptance arose!
He sprang to his car, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like a Downstate dismissal.
But I heard him exclaim, as I refreshed the site:
"Happy Match Day to all, and to all a good night!"
This is awesome
 
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Wait Waiting GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS here- not sure if today is different since I'm OOS or I got an R but there's no changes to my portal. Would I find out later since it's rolling admissions for OOS?
 
Hey folks, in a bit of a pickle and would like some advice. Match day is here and I was accepted into TTUHSC in Lubbock (yay!). I also pre-matched into Sam Houston State, which is only an hour away from where I live. However, since I was officially matched into TTUHSC, I assume this means I'm automatically withdrawn from Sam? The problem is my fiancee interviewed at BCM's graduate program after I submitted my ranking and she did really well in the interview. She hasn't heard back from them yet but theoretically if she were to get into BCM, it would be better for me to attend Sam. Would it be possible at this point to switch my acceptance to Sam even after officially matching into TTUHSC?
 
Hey folks, in a bit of a pickle and would like some advice. Match day is here and I was accepted into TTUHSC in Lubbock (yay!). I also pre-matched into Sam Houston State, which is only an hour away from where I live. However, since I was officially matched into TTUHSC, I assume this means I'm automatically withdrawn from Sam? The problem is my fiancee interviewed at BCM's graduate program after I submitted my ranking and she did really well in the interview. She hasn't heard back from them yet but theoretically if she were to get into BCM, it would be better for me to attend Sam. Would it be possible at this point to switch my acceptance to Sam even after officially matching into TTUHSC?
If you are a Texas resident, the match process eliminates all other prematches except the school you matched to. Only option left is usually a waitlist at schools you ranked higher than your match but didnt match to.
 
If you are a Texas resident, the match process eliminates all other prematches except the school you matched to. Only option left is usually a waitlist at schools you ranked higher than your match but didnt match to.
@Noebliss This is correct. You ranked Lubbock higher than your pre-match school of SHSU so SHSU is off the table for you.
You made the best decision you could with the information you had available at the time.
She will have to visit you in Lubbock if she gets into that Houston program :shy:
 
Hello!! I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to reject an acceptance for match but still stay on the waitlist for a higher ranked school?

I matched to my second rank school, but would go to an OOS over my second rank. I would go to my first rank school over the OOS school.

I can't find many details online (or if I should just ask TMDSAS help desk for this info!)

Thank you and congrats to all that have marched or will match soon !
 
Hi! Are there any repercussions for accepting a match (school wants decision by February 27) and later rescinding if one gets into an OOS school? Still waiting on my OOS schools for decisions which can take up until April, and not sure what to do
 
Hello!! I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to reject an acceptance for match but still stay on the waitlist for a higher ranked school?

I matched to my second rank school, but would go to an OOS over my second rank. I would go to my first rank school over the OOS school.

I can't find many details online (or if I should just ask TMDSAS help desk for this info!)

Thank you and congrats to all that have marched or will match soon !
You don’t have to take any action right now.
You are allowed to see if your # 1 school puts you on their WL and then, if you get an acceptance offer from that WL before May 15.
Not chosen for their WL? Your decision comes down to 2 schools.

Do you hold an admission at your OOS school already? See when they want a definite commitment from you. If that date is before May 15 and you haven’t heard from school #1, that is when you need to make your choice. Committing to the OOS school means dropping other A and WL positions elsewhere.

Rejecting school # 2 hastily on the assumption you would get school #1 could leave you backed into a corner, if you are not actually accepted at the OOS school already.
 
Hi! Are there any repercussions for accepting a match (school wants decision by February 27) and later rescinding if one gets into an OOS school? Still waiting on my OOS schools for decisions which can take up until April, and not sure what to do
At this moment you have one offer so it is wise to accept it. Wait to see your outcomes at the OOS schools and if you are very sure you prefer to go to an OOS acceptance, you will then directly contact your Texas school in writing and politely withdraw from your spot.
 
Hello!
When does one usually receive waitlist emails?
If an application is still in review in the portal, does that mean we will be on a waitlist?

Thank you!
 
Hello!
When does one usually receive waitlist emails?
If an application is still in review in the portal, does that mean we will be on a waitlist?

Thank you!
There may be a 1 to 2 week lag period. A few schools have sent out WL notices already.
I hope you hear something soon
 
At this moment you have one offer so it is wise to accept it. Wait to see your outcomes at the OOS schools and if you are very sure you prefer to go to an OOS acceptance, you will then directly contact your Texas school in writing and politely withdraw from your spot.

Thank you so much!
 
You don’t have to take any action right now.
You are allowed to see if your # 1 school puts you on their WL and then, if you get an acceptance offer from that WL before May 15.
Not chosen for their WL? Your decision comes down to 2 schools.

Do you hold an admission at your OOS school already? See when they want a definite commitment from you. If that date is before May 15 and you haven’t heard from school #1, that is when you need to make your choice. Committing to the OOS school means dropping other A and WL positions elsewhere.

Rejecting school # 2 hastily on the assumption you would get school #1 could leave you backed into a corner, if you are not actually accepted at the OOS school already.
I have already received acceptance from the OOS school, and their commit to enroll date is after May 15th. This is super helpful, thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I had a question about those who have received multiple II’s and matched low on their list. Did you manage to get off the waitlist eventually? I had 7 II’s and matched to my last choice at UTRGV, I am incredibly grateful to have matched to a US MD school but am just wondering if there’s any chance for me to get off a waitlist. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
 
Hi! I had a question about those who have received multiple II’s and matched low on their list. Did you manage to get off the waitlist eventually? I had 7 II’s and matched to my last choice at UTRGV, I am incredibly grateful to have matched to a US MD school but am just wondering if there’s any chance for me to get off a waitlist. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Yes it happens but not right away.
Monitor your email and accept any WL positions you are offered
 
Now that the match has passed, if we are on the waitlist for a higher-ranked school, do they take LOIs like an OOS waitlist? Specifically asking about McGovern
 
Now that the match has passed, if we are on the waitlist for a higher-ranked school, do they take LOIs like an OOS waitlist? Specifically asking about McGovern
Go ahead & send what you wish, I think McGovern has said they won’t affect your WL position.
It will show McGovern you are still interested in coming in from a WL.

See also my post over here: what next
 
Last edited:
Now that the match has passed, if we are on the waitlist for a higher-ranked school, do they take LOIs like an OOS waitlist? Specifically asking about McGovern
McGovern says that Letters won’t affect their waitlist decisions. You can doublecheck by calling their office of admissions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.