Here it is.. How DS notify admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldm0208

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving! I got bored today, so decided to fix this list. Thank you guys for the updates. Good luck to all snders with this cycle and the upcoming final exams!!
oh and watch your stomach! :smuggrin:

Initial note: The Nov 30th dates listed here applied to last cycle (when Nov 30 was the official notification day). This cycle will notify Dec 1st (Monday)

Alabama:Phone call and a letter.
ASDOH: Phone call
Baylor: Email Nov. 30
Boston: by mail on dec 1st
Buffalo: aadsas status change
Case: Sends out letter on Dec 1, expect it later
Columbia: mail out letter @ the earliest dec. 1st
Colorado: mid-day phone call x2
Creighton: (RDEP-powell will call you personally on dec 1) email sent on nov 30
Dalhousie:
Detroit-Mercy: 12/1, early morning phone call from Karen. If you don't answer, she will leave a voicemail asking you to call her, and when you call back she gives you the good news. An email follows later that day, and a letter follows a few days later.
Harvard: Phone call anytime during the day on the 1st (or next business day)
Houston: Letter/ e-mail
Howard: Letter and email
Iowa:phone call then letter your admission decision will be updated on Isis. I was told that status should be up at midnight on December 1st!
Indiana:you call them when they open on the 30th (non-residents call later in day as committee meets to decide your fate in the morning) they send out an email between midnight and 2 am eastern time (Dec 1st)
Kentucky:email followed by letter in the mail
Loma Linda:
Louisiana: snail mail sent on Dec 1st (you can also call to check your status)
Louisville: email at 12:01 "ish"
Marquette: Call them, they want you to. Letter sent out dec 1
Midwestern: Dean Simonsen calls early morning
Meharry:snail mail sent on Dec 1st. You'll get them in the mail in 7-10 days
Maryland: receive email around 8-9 AM
MCG: Certified mail packet letter shortly after the 1st
Michigan: Phone Call and letter I was told by a D1 at Michigan that last year they sent an email instructing the applicants to call. Once the applicant called the school they were told of their acceptance.
Minnesota:Yep, Dec 1st you'll get a phone call and a letter by snail mail would be on the way. One girl told me she got a phone call in the morning and they woke her up. Talk about a nice way to start your day! Phone call and e-mail with snail mail a few days later. Minnesota does have early acceptances. Those applicants who applied via EDP (early decision program) gets notified around September.
MUSC:UPS overnight mail on dec 1st (about 17 acceptances) or mid dec (about 10 more) and later
Nebraska: E-mail at 12:01, then official letter... Registered Mail
Nova: You can call right now, talk to Suann Zarrett aadsas status change
NYU: official letter in mail - mailed on Dec1
OHSU:Subliminal messages
OhioState: Letter sent out DEC 5th Phone call from Dean, Email, and Snail Mail (Dec 1 for non-resident, Dec 8 for resident)
San Antonio: letter
Stony Brook: Phone call on Dec 1st
SIU: call you during first days of Dec
Temple: E-mail timed to be received on Dec 1st and you can call them Dec. 1, i live near philly and didnt get my letter til a couple days after dec. 1
Tennessee:20-30 applicants letter sent on Dec 1st, rest of class will find out on Jan, Feb, and Mar. 1st. All letters. You can also call and talk to Dr. Coleman, he will gladly inform you of your status, but not until December 1st.
Tufts: Snail mail on the 2nd updates via AADSAS Dec. 1st am
UConn: AADSAS updated on the 2nd , then snail mail
UCSF: Phone call (will leave msg if not home)
UCLA:
UF: early morning phone call
UIC: call you during first days of Dec
UMDNJ: snail mail around dec 1, could be before could be after (if i remember correctly)
UMKC: early morning phone call on Dec. 1st
UNC: phone call/mail between Nov.30-Dec.1st and Feb 1st till class filled
UNLV: Call them on the 30th, or wait for a letter a few days later. UNLV does e-mail and snail mail if I remember correctly what they told us
UOklahoma: Letters mailed on Dec 1... Out of state applicants notified, then the process starts for in-state applicants
Pacific: Phone call
Penn: i think the dean scholars get the letter on dec. 1st, others get letter dec. 2nd mails out all acceptances (not just deans) on the 1st. So the earliest you could get your letter is the 2nd and many will be later due to mailing time.
Pittsburgh: call on dec 1st (unless rose loses her voice like last year and finishes the calls on dec. 2nd) aadsas status change
USC: email on 30th or 1st followed by a letter.
UW: Phone call from Kathy Craig and a letter
VCU: snail mail mailed ON dec 1 AADSAS updated to "Offer extended" on December 1st.
WVU:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Indiana non-residents seems heart pounding haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
great info keep this guy bumped and lets see if students can fill in the blanks!

Nova: call right now?

I think someone should try this and see........haha.

I doubt it is that easy to just find out though.

Alabama: Phone call and a letter.
Tennessee:20-30 applicants letter sent on Dec 1st, rest of class will find out on Jan, Feb, and Mar. 1st. All letters. You can also call and talk to Dr. Coleman, he will gladly inform you of your status, but not until December 1st.

Sticky this bad boy eh?

i dont know what sticky means, but sticky it eyyyyy.. :D

Can any current dental students fill in the ones that haven't gotten filled?

This is really good info. Thanks!

I finally remembered where I saw this...:)
This list is about last cycle and made by other sdners.
It might not be the exact ways they do it now, but it should at least give you the general ideas. If you see errors, feel free to fix it.

As for UNC, what I heard was they have the meeting in Dec, so Dec 1 might not be the date they call you... let me know if I'm wrong!

Alabama:
Buffalo:http://www.sdm.buffalo.edu/applicant/ Check Status 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time
Dalhousie:
Detroit-Mercy: 12/1, early morning phone call from Karen. If you don't answer, she will leave a voicemail asking you to call her, and when you call back she gives you the good news. An email follows later that day, and a letter follows a few days later.
Iowa:phone call then letter
Indiana:you call them when they open on the 30th (non-residents call later in day as committee meets to decide your fate in the morning)
Loma Linda:
Michigan: Phone Call and letter
Minnesota:
MUSC: UPS overnight mail on dec 1st (about 17 acceptances) or mid dec (about 10 more) and later
Nova: You can call right now, talk to Suann Zarrett
Ohio State: Letter sent out DEC 5th
SIU:
Temple: letter timed to be received on Dec 1st and you can call them Dec. 1, i live near philly and didnt get my letter til a couple days after dec. 1
Tennessee:
Tufts: Snail mail on the 2nd
UCLA:
UIC:
UMDNJ: snail mail around dec 1, could be before could be after (if i remember correctly)
UNLV: Call them on the 30th, or wait for a letter a few days later.
UOklahoma: Letters mailed on Dec 1... Out of state applicants notified, then the process starts for in-state applicants
Penn: i think the dean scholars get the letter on dec. 1st, others get letter dec. 2nd
Pittsburgh: call on dec 1st (unless rose loses her voice like last year and finishes the calls on dec. 2nd)
USC: email on 30th or 1st followed by a letter.
VCU: snail mail mailed ON dec 1
WVU:

Just updated MUSC. Thanks for the info...very detailed!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
definately sticky this! :thumbup:

Does anyone know any information for LLU?
I believe they send out mail if I am not mistaken?

Minnesota is phone call and letter :)

ya Nova i assume would be call dec 1st? i doubt they would tell you a month before hand

Exactly on Dec 1st? Wow...thanks a lot for the info!

Yep, Dec 1st you'll get a phone call and a letter by snail mail would be on the way. One girl told me she got a phone call in the morning and they woke her up. Talk about a nice way to start your day! :)

ya Nova i assume would be call dec 1st? i doubt they would tell you a month before hand

yeah, there is dschool bylaw stating that they cant notify prior to dec. 1st

Also, for Iowa your admission decision will be updated on Isis. I was told that status should be up at midnight on December 1st!

guys... haha...
I thought it was a common sense when a certain school on the list says RIGHT NOW or TODAY, that means dec.1 or later. It does NOT mean that you can call and ask on the day I posted this thread. :laugh:

anyway, didn't mean to confuse you, sorry..

As for midwestern, does Dean call every accepted applicant? wow

Thanks because THANK-YOU!

:thumbup:

Are there anyways that I can bookmark this thread and come back whenever I need it? :laugh:

yeah, there is dschool bylaw stating that they cant notify prior to dec. 1st

Actually Minnesota does have early acceptances...you can check predent ssome people have already accepted.

Actually Minnesota does have early acceptances...you can check predent ssome people have already accepted.

Check the U of MN website. Those applicants who applied via EDP (early decision program) gets notified around September. I believe "regular" applicants get notified Dec. 1st.

Initial note: The Nov 30th dates listed here applied to last cycle (when Nov 30 was the official notification day). This cycle will notify Dec 1st (Monday)

Alabama:
Buffalo:http://www.sdm.buffalo.edu/applicant/ Check Status 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time
Dalhousie:
Indiana:you call them when they open on the 30th (non-residents call later in day as committee meets to decide your fate in the morning)
Loma Linda:
Minnesota:
MUSC: UPS overnight mail on dec 1st (about 17 acceptances) or mid dec (about 10 more) and later
SIU:
Temple: letter timed to be received on Dec 1st and you can call them Dec. 1, i live near philly and didnt get my letter til a couple days after dec. 1
Tennessee:
UCLA: Phone call Dec 1st
UIC:
Penn: i think the dean scholars get the letter on dec. 1st, others get letter dec. 2nd
Pittsburgh: call on dec 1st (unless rose loses her voice like last year and finishes the calls on dec. 2nd)
USC: Call or email on 1st followed by a letter.
WVU:

Alabama:
Dalhousie:
Loma Linda:
Minnesota:
SIU:
Temple: E-mail timed to be received on Dec 1st and you can call them Dec. 1, i live near philly and didnt get my letter til a couple days after dec. 1
Tennessee:
UCLA: Phone call Dec 1st
UIC:
USC: Call or email on 1st followed by a letter.
WVU:

When I interviewed at Temple last week, they said they were going paperless. No more letters.. only e-mails!

UNLV does e-mail and snail mail if I remember correctly what they told us

i guess i will be glued to my phone on dec 1... anyone else wanna join? :laugh:

whoa is this like ED to college, ie is it binding? i stand corrected....

Penn mails out all acceptances (not just deans) on the 1st. So the earliest you could get your letter is the 2nd and many will be later due to mailing time.

schools will surely release their conclusion on December 1st for pre-december interviewers?

(Accepted/waitlisted/rejected)

:luck:

schools will surely release their conclusion on December 1st for pre-december interviewers?

(Accepted/waitlisted/rejected)

:luck:

Nope. Many schools just hold onto rejections as long as they can.
I believe Columbia is one of them. ;)

Nope. Many schools just hold onto rejections as long as they can.
I believe Columbia is one of them. ;)

ok~ I will just forget about this cycle, and go back to my home country unless I recieve a love call from UCLA.

My friend is now in Korea for a few days. I was about to see my friends in LA~Suddenly, I realized he is in Korea. HAHAHAHA

FINALLY MY LAST INTERVIEW DATE IS APPROACHING! YAY ANYWAY~

meaning if I am hoping for an NYU acceptance Dec 1 doesnt mean too much... maybe i should have a Dec 3rd countdown :)

bummer that they do it through snail mail, interviews invites were done through email.

Does anyone have any info on the procedure that UIC or SIU has??? thanks so much

Does anyone have any info on the procedure that UIC or SIU has??? thanks so much

I've heard that they'll call you during first days of Dec;
if not, they'll call during first days of Jan and so on........
Good luck to all of us guys.:luck::hardy::love:

meaning if I am hoping for an NYU acceptance Dec 1 doesnt mean too much... maybe i should have a Dec 3rd countdown :)

bummer that they do it through snail mail, interviews invites were done through email.

Maybe because if someone is really excited they can put it on their fridge. Or frame it. Or give it to their parents for memories. It seems more personal. Or maybe they just want you to wait a few extra days because they are EVIL!!:smuggrin:

Tufts also updates via AADSAS Dec. 1st am, although not as early as some schools... I was dissappointed until after my first class only to come home to check again and see Accepted! Good luck everyone! :)

I can't stop saying......this thread is $100 worth.

:laugh:

I interview at Ohio State on 11/8 and they said that out of state applicants will recieve and email and phone call on Dec 1st and in state applicants will be notified on Dec 8th