ranking students (not what you think)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Achilles23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so all this talk about the "best" pod school and rankings and things...I'd like to hear an honest ranking for which pod school has the hottest girls, haha. I'll also consider giving ranking points for schools with the best girl:guy ratio. Let the debate begin...

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so all this talk about the "best" pod school and rankings and things...I'd like to hear an honest ranking for which pod school has the hottest girls, haha. I'll also consider giving ranking points for schools with the best girl:guy ratio. Let the debate begin...

Idk but I saw some major hotties when I was at OCPM. yikes.

To increase your odds, go to one of the programs at a big medical school where they have like 400+ DO students on campus. Then you can work your magic. Aren't podiatrists great at foot massages???!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
To increase your odds, go to one of the programs at a big medical school where they have like 400+ DO students on campus. Then you can work your magic. Aren't podiatrists great at foot massages???!!! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Achilles23 said:
which pod school has the hottest girls
This is clearly Barry, and it's not even close (until Brazil starts a pod school?).

Barry's in Miami, has a huge nursing program, 4-5000 total grad+undergrad students (~1k of those undergrads living on campus), outdoor pool, sports teams, etc. It's tank top + shorts weather for basically 8mo per year here. Samuel Merritt may have a case as close second, but they have colder weather and don't have undergrads like Barry does... just other health professions.

...Also, I know you're joking around, but be careful dating ppl you will be in pod classes/clinics with for 4+ years. It can occasionally end well, but it can also end pretty ugly with significant drama. In a pod program, you are a professional student and need to carry yourself as such. If you start pod school single, then dating students from other programs of study, or outside of the university entirely, is probabaly a safer route.

This is clearly Barry, and it's not even close (until Brazil starts a pod school?).

Barry's in Miami, has a huge nursing program, 4-5000 total grad+undergrad students (~1k of those undergrads living on campus), outdoor pool, sports teams, etc. It's tank top + shorts weather for basically 8mo per year here. Samuel Merritt may have a case as close second, but they have colder weather and don't have undergrads like Barry does... just other health professions.

...Also, I know you're joking around, but be careful dating ppl you will be in pod classes/clinics with for 4+ years. It can occasionally end well, but it can also end pretty ugly with significant drama. In a pod program, you are a professional student and need to carry yourself as such. If you start pod school single, then dating students from other programs of study, or outside of the university entirely, is probabaly a safer route.

With that description, it's amazing ANYBODY from Barry ever passes!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think you would give the award to the pods with the DPM/DO degree for the best foot massages!

Nothing beats OMM when it comes to massaging!

I concur

Haha I love this thread.. I'm moreso noticing hot guys than girls lol but Barry overall had pretty good looking people as far as I saw! Temple guys weren't too bad either so I hope that continues with my class :D

Feli is making a strong case for Barry, might have to consider taking that interview now...I'm a big fan of tank tops. halloween this fridays is probly gonna be awesome in Miami....its the one day girls have an excuse to dress slutty, i love it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feli is making a strong case for Barry, might have to consider taking that interview now...I'm a big fan of tank tops. halloween this fridays is probly gonna be awesome in Miami....its the one day girls have an excuse to dress slutty, i love it.
Apparently you have not been to miami...warm weather is an excuse to dress slutty, and that is almost everyday.

I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and moved to Florida for undergrad. In addition, I have traveled all over and have been to every state. I definitely will say that, in general, Florida has very attractive people compared to pretty much anywhere else. Everyone is into fitness and health so that means that there are lots of great bodies! If you go to Barry, you will be surrounded by more attractive people compared to anywhere else! I promise!

I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and moved to Florida for undergrad. In addition, I have traveled all over and have been to every state. I definitely will say that, in general, Florida has very attractive people compared to pretty much anywhere else. Everyone is into fitness and health so that means that there are lots of great bodies! If you go to Barry, you will be surrounded by more attractive people compared to anywhere else! I promise!

lol so if im 15 lbs shy of a six pack ill be shunned....great ;)

i just interviewd at barry.... and barry def got some of the best looking grls ive ever seen in my life!! even the chick that gives u the tour in charge of admissions is hot... plain and simple i couldnt focus there lol

lol so if im 15 lbs shy of a six pack ill be shunned....great ;)

no no, that is not true but that is exactly why a lot of people love moving here from out-of-state. It is more motivating, not because you may feel bad about what you look like, but because most people do work out and want to be healthy... and you eventually will want to at least a little bit.

Plus, you can pretty much go to the beach or pool year round so you are more aware of what you body looks like throughout the year instead of hiding in winter coats for four months lol. I think that is the true difference.

no no, that is not true but that is exactly why a lot of people love moving here from out-of-state. It is more motivating, not because you may feel bad about what you look like, but because most people do work out and want to be healthy... and you eventually will want to at least a little bit.

Plus, you can pretty much go to the beach or pool year round so you are more aware of what you body looks like throughout the year instead of hiding in winter coats for four months lol. I think that is the true difference.
I've seen people even skip days of class to keep up their conditioning for keeping that 'look' or 'beach bod'. The beach or warm weather can take discipline for class/studies and toss it out the window. You're only young once, and so must take advantage of that youth and conditioning while you have it. When you're 50, and getting out of shape, you can always return to school after you've become a weary warrior of the workout game. Then, its time to learn all the right info about health that the years working out (according to a a non science 'magazine regimen') have stolen away. :p

If your looks and body image supercede your studies its going to be hell trying a professional school then.

I agree. It's just the culture to be active, fashionable, etc. In SoCal or most parts of Florida, it's just not as socially acceptable to be obese, dishevled, alcoholic, chain smoker, etc as it is in some other places. That also means some arrogant or self absorbed people, but overall, south Florida is just pretty healthy and active. You see a lot more gyms, aerobics studios, health food stores/restaurants, etc here than you do in some many other areas of the country. Even old, retired people are outside walking, playing golf, etc.

It's just common sense to take care of your body when it's beach season 8+ months per year, and everyone else around you is staying in shape. The fashion/modeling/club industry is also pretty big down here, so I'm sure that plays a role as well.

Last edited:
I agree. It's just the culture to be active, fashionable, etc. In SoCal or most parts of Florida, it's just not as socially acceptable to be obese, dishevled, alcoholic, chain smoker, etc as it is in some other places. That also means some arrogant or self absorbed people, but overall, south Florida is just pretty healthy and active. You see a lot more gyms, aerobics studios, health food stores/restaurants, etc here than you do in some many other areas of the country. Even old, retired people are outside walking, playing golf, etc.

It's just common sense to take care of your body when it's beach season 8+ months per year, and everyone else around you is staying in shape. The fashion/modeling/club industry is also pretty big down here, so I'm sure that plays a role as well.
Eh, there's always liposuction, cosmetic foot surg, plastic surg. Hell, who needs workouts? :laugh:

Barry has the most beautiful and diverse female population.... hands down! just sitting in the lunch room, i couldn't focus on eating my food after the interview.

ok i was just at arizona and dmu and i should point out that that from i saw there were a lot of attractive women there in des moines...and im sure they have nicer personalities on account of the midwest to boot.

I see some of you are drooling but just wait.....

Just wait and see how everyone looks after 4 yrs of podiatry school and 3 yrs of residency, it aint pretty such a pretty site IMO. :eek:

I see some of you are drooling but just wait.....

Just wait and see how everyone looks after 4 yrs of podiatry school and 3 yrs of residency, it aint pretty such a pretty site IMO. :eek:

HAHAHAHA that's so true. I know a couple of people who went to MD schools a few years back, they were pretty good looking until their hair started falling out during residency =/

HAHAHAHA that's so true. I know a couple of people who went to MD schools a few years back, they were pretty good looking until their hair started falling out during residency =/

LOL i just started having the mental image of the crypt keeper