questions to ask at an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msu08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
not sure where this goes in student doctor, but what types of questions do people ask schools at interviews? I know at the end, the interviewer asks if you have any questions, and I know it's always good to have some questions prepared. At one, I asked if there were any groups or organizations associated with the dental school that students often enjoyed or found helpful. I got a response along the lines of "you won't have time for that kind of stuff Ms. ________ ." so apparently that wasn't appropriate, although a friend of mine asked that question and got a friendly response. anyway, any question ideas or sites i can find good ideas? suggestions are appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. Ask questions that are important to you, pertaining to the school and the program itself. They responded that way about your question because in all reality, dental school is tough and from the friends I have that are in dental school, they dont have time for that kind of stuff.

Wouldn't you be interested in the curriculum? The clinics? Passing scores? Time spent in clinic? When do clinics start? Outreach opportunities?

The list goes on. If you're truly interested in the school, then you would have more questions to show your interest in the program. Have a good one.

echo what was said above...definitely tailor the question to the school. i asked a question at an interview that was totally generic, just to have my voice heard. i felt like a stugots after.

I think the OP has a valid question. I myself am an active participant of intramural sports at my school. We also had an medical school as well, and occasionally we would play a team of students from the med school I agree that there is a lot of studying and hard work in DS, but its also possible to get involved in some activities which would make your 4 years of studying bearable. I am planning on asking a similar question at my interview.