Official UIC Dental School, Class of 2013 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doh Boy Fresh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am going here since it's my top choice - if you are going here, or UIC is your top choice and you think you'll get in, join the facebook group and invite your friends!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48932124888

It's UIC Dental School, Class of 2013

Good Luck to those of you who are still waiting, I can't wait to see all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be seeing you guys there as well... I can't wait!! its weird to think that we're all gonna be classmates for the next 4 years,,, congrats guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there too future classmates!

Do you guys think they're done with the sending out acceptances for people with pre-dec interview??? or they will continue to give out more??

Not AT ALL done! Remember what BRaulia said to us at the interview? She said, we may not give you your acceptance on dec. 1st a lot of you may receive it throughout december, aaaaaand, she said just cuz you don't hear back from us ON the first, don't panic. Also, she said that they'll hang on to your file till the end of the cycle - never fear many spots are still left.

Finally, just for an FYI ( I forget where i got this stat, but I remember reading somewhere that about 8 people got off the waiting list last year.) ooh and Braulia also said that if you ARE in fact on the waiting list, she said she can't divulge to you where on the waiting list you are. SO, hang in there, I Know an acceptance will come soon. :xf::luck:

should I call them to find out my status ??? or i should just wait :scared:

NO IDEA... IT'S UP TO YOU ...TRY IT AND MAYBE SEE WHAT THEY SAY? oh AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP...AND ALWAYS REMEMBER HTE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT YOU WILL GET IN! I KNOW IT.

hey the way i look at it, is that....how could it hurt you to call? might as well.

at least that is what I'd do if i were you.

To hardworker, Congrats on your interview. Just come prepared, confident, and wearing a professional suit, be honest and confident when answering interview questions.
Good luck.

Somethin positive is right...this is what I found ... you go in, there are 2 separate 20 min interviews wtih 2 diff. faculty members...

each of the faculty members has a set of ?s (all found on the sdn database)...

My personal experiece was that one of my interviewers just went down the list asking me ?s... and the other interviwer thought it was crap and chose to just instead have a conversation with me.

Some tips I have are:

1. have a good posture
2. maintain eye-contact
3. and be a good listener. People love to talk about themselves...if they talk, let them, maintain eye-contact and
4. inject appropriate mmhmms to signal interest.
5. PRactice answering typical ?s like the cheating question - if you caught a class mate cheating what would you do? Why Dentistry, Why UIC, ... You don't want to sound like a broken record, so if they ask a ?s don't rattle off like a recorder, instead pause, feign thinking...and actually do think and formulate an answer before actually opening your mouth to answr...it's okay if u pause for 2-4 seconds for thinking
6. Make sure you answer the ? don't be an ADD person that answers another ?
7. Next, run your answers to the ?s from the database through either
your career center at your school...or through other students that have beeen through the process- ie. pre med students who have gone through interviews, or pre dental, or pre opt...waht ever... run through the answers with a friend...

ugh, yes. this is all...also get ppl you know who are in to join up the facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48932124888

Members don't see this ad :)
hey...did anyone interview in dec 1st week. do u know when they will give out acceptances?

I think every one above interviewed pre-december...so im not sure...? any one else?

hey...did anyone interview in dec 1st week. do u know when they will give out acceptances?

Out-of-staters just started interviewing in December. Since a vast majority of us posting about UIC are from IL, especially the ones knowledgeable about the school, I doubt there would be anyone that could answer your question. Unless some UCLA grads currently attending UIC SOD come out of the woodwork and start posting on SDN UIC threads... :p

hey guys do you know anything about living options??? anyone thinking about grad school dorms or surrounding apartments.. if so, which ones??

hey guys do you know anything about living options??? anyone thinking about grad school dorms or surrounding apartments.. if so, which ones??

The graduate student "dorm" is pretty nice, it's more like apartments, and is right on campus. Apartments.. you might have to look on Craigslist or something, though if you make friends with someone who goes to Rush, you can be their roommate at one of Rush's affordable apartment complexes.

Hello all,

Was just wondering if you had an advice and/or a heads up on the types of questions they ask for the interview?? Thanks so much for your help in advance and hopefully I'll see you in the fall!!

Look for an "Interview Feedback" section of the SDN and then find UIC, then see the possible q's posted by former applicants.

In case anyone was wondering....UIC is sending out acceptance letters......
BECAUSE I JUST GOT ONE!!!!
via e-mail

Cant wait to meet the rest of you guys!!

Congrats, Chicago Bear ;)

Look for an "Interview Feedback" section of the SDN and then find UIC, then see the possible q's posted by former applicants.

Thanks Chesnok, and congrats Baloo

In case anyone was wondering....UIC is sending out acceptance letters......
BECAUSE I JUST GOT ONE!!!!
via e-mail

Cant wait to meet the rest of you guys!!
Congrats! Baloobear. did you get an email yesterday?

Last edited:
Yup, it was e-mail.

referring to Bearsfan55's post...

Are the graduate "dorms" you are referring to the ones on the west campus of UIC?

I read on the housing website that there are two dorms that graduate/professional students can live in at UIC, one being on the west campus, and the other being a newer dorm on the south campus. Regarding the newer dorm, it is mostly undergraduate students living there...

Does anyone know much about the medical district apartment complex?

Thanks!

I think the person may have been referring to SSR, the graduate dorm at UIC. ... I'm considering staying there but need a roomate. :rolleyes:

I think the person may have been referring to SSR, the graduate dorm at UIC. ... I'm considering staying there but need a roomate. :rolleyes:

I think most new UIC dental students not from the city of Chicago live in SSR first year, and then after making friends, get an apartment the second year. SSR is so close to classes, it's hard to pass up.

http://www.housing.uic.edu/halls/ssr/index.php

I have an interview with UIC admissions tomorrow morning, I was not aware they did interview so late! Crossing my fingers that I will see all of you next year.

I too interviewed on Feb. 10th. I can't remember - did anyone catch when they said that the admissions committee was going to meet next and when we could expect to hear back?

I too interviewed on Feb. 10th. I can't remember - did anyone catch when they said that the admissions committee was going to meet next and when we could expect to hear back?

I talked to Carolyn at a pre-professional fair and she said they will call on Friday (March 27th) or you could probably call them Friday. Good luck!

And the 27th is today!!! Has anyone heard yet?:xf:

I haven't heard back yet either...I called on wed (25th) and left Carolyn a message...haven't heard back yet.

Starting to get anxious. Keep them fingas :xf: .

Hey, guys.

I know this may seem like a stupid question....but what is Carolyn's position? I will be applying this June and had always been in touch with Braulia. Has Carolyn officially taken over for Ann? Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that Carolyn is the one you want to talk to; she coordinates all the interviews.
I left a message this week too; still no news....

Starsaligned,
Did Braulia happen to say if they have given out acceptances/rejections officially today?
Thanks!

I am not sure how they are going to communicate with people. She said about 30 people are on the waitlist and about 80 have been rejected. She didn't say anything about acceptances, but I assume that they are giving out acceptances also. She said I will get the official waitlist letter in the mail soon.

Starsaligned,
Did Braulia happen to say if they have given out acceptances/rejections officially today?
Thanks!

I forgot to say -- good luck to you! :xf: I know this wait is BY FAR the hardest part of the whole application process, much worse than even the DAT!!

Congrats on being waitlisted! Did they tell you what number you are? I wonder if they will just send letters, since you had to call and find out. Did you call Braulia directly?

Congrats on being waitlisted! Did they tell you what number you are? I wonder if they will just send letters, since you had to call and find out. Did you call Braulia directly?

I called Braulia, I don't think they would have called me otherwise. She said the waitlist is not ranked (unlike before), but instead they look at everyone on it each time a spot opens up.

I called Braulia, I don't think they would have called me otherwise. She said the waitlist is not ranked (unlike before), but instead they look at everyone on it each time a spot opens up.

Hmm I wonder when they will officially start telling people about acceptances/rejections/waitlists.... since when I asked Carolyn she said end of March beginning of April, but then there have been people interviewed just recently that said mid April :shifty:. But being on the waitlist is definitely good I think!!

I want HONEST opinion on this.

I also called Carolyn.

She said My application is on hold. I will hear some news at end of April.

Is it nice saying of rejection??

I want HONEST opinion on this.

I also called Carolyn.

She said My application is on hold. I will hear some news at end of April.

Is it nice saying of rejection??

I don't know... but I don't think it necessarily means rejection. Did you just call her?

Today I got a call from Carolyn.

Initially I was to know the decision on march 27th, and as of today, I am officially on the alternate list.

She also mentioned that in the last six years or more, this is the most competitive class they have seen...

And 2/3 of all the candidates within our pool (waiters), have been rejected.

At least one person will be accepted off the Alternate list this week. ;)

lol so we know u decided for a diff school? i got waitlisted too it seems like they didnt give any acceptances this month because it sounds as tho everyone was waitlisted and i know their class was almost to capacity by feb 25th's picks. oh btw starsaligned you a kaskade fan i can safely assume? nicee