-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
San Juan Bautista Med Class of 2013
Started by StudenttX
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
We have a forum called Allopathic Class Threads where topics like this belong. I will move it there for you now.
Congratulations on your acceptance!
Congratulations on your acceptance!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I'm a first year student here... Congratulations to all on your acceptance. I will be more than glad to answer any questions you might have regarding SJBSOM, just let me know...
I'm a member of a new Orientation group in our school and you will be receiving a welcome package with a survey that we had in class rating/evaluating where it is recommended to buy groceries, rent an appartment, buy a car ( most students recommended you buy one here instead of bringing them from the states) etc!! we are also working in a Buddy system in which you will get the phone number and email of a current MSI student in which you will be able to contact him/her regarding any questions the incoming class might have.
Buddy system- withing next 2 weeks will be sent out.
Welcome package- By the middle of next month.
San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Class of 2012👍
MSI
Buddy system- withing next 2 weeks will be sent out.
Welcome package- By the middle of next month.
San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Class of 2012👍
MSI
Hi Chimita, congrats on getting an interview! All I know is what I experienced and what I've seen on other posts. But my interview was very casual, I interviewed with one other guy in front of two faculty memebers, and the interview was in English. I would assume that varies depending on where the applicant is from. I've also seen that some applicants have to write an essay on a particular subject such as euthanasia, obesity, etc, but I didn't. We briefly spoke about our application, experience, research, leadership experience, why we wanted to study in PR? What other schools in PR you applied to. They assess your Spanish ability during the interview with a brief conversation. After the interview, a first year took us on a tour of the campus and answered questions for us.
I don't know how many spots are available to students outside of PR, but rumor has it on SDN that there are only 20.
Hope this helps!
I don't know how many spots are available to students outside of PR, but rumor has it on SDN that there are only 20.
Hope this helps!
it's not really a "rumor." I asked Jaymi before heading to PR and yes, they are accepting around twenty non-residents. hope this helps and good luck on the interview!
Hi. I was accepted at SJB and UCC. Does anyone know the tuition and fees at both? It was about $22,000 with $1,500 for medical insurance and about $1,700 in other fees for 2008-2009 at SJB. As far as I can tell, it is $27,000 plus $3,000 in fees at UCC for 2009-2010, but I do not know if that includes their "Institutional Plan" for medical. Thank you.
I am in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes it was by email
How far in advance do y'all think we need to find an apartment in Caguas? I know from living in a college town that there can be waiting lists and such. Any suggestions/estimates?
You don't have to rush to get an apartment in Caguas, it's a pretty big town and it's not a "college town".
How far in advance do y'all think we need to find an apartment in Caguas? I know from living in a college town that there can be waiting lists and such. Any suggestions/estimates?
I would say to start looking about 2 months before school starts just to be safe, try getting a roommate, that way you can rent someplace nice and not pay so much...
SJBSOM class of 2012
I would like to get a jump on studying... Can anyone tell me the book used for the Medical BioChemistry course?
Hello there! For those of you who were accepted, when were you interviewed? I was interviewed on Friday the 13th of Feb. and I am nervous that I haven't heard anything from them yet!!!![]()
Relax, I interviewed on January the 15th and did not hear from them until February 25th, you will be fine.
Got my acceptance letter yesterday 😀.. Booyah!
Congratulations to all those who have also been accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing and/or waiting.. I interviewed back in early Nov. for those wondering.
Couple of Q's for current students or anyone who knows:
- Biochemistry (*As mentioned above, what book is used? I'm planning to self-study/audit the course this Spring..)
- Attrition rate at SJB?
- USMLE Stats/Avgs?
- Previous resident match lists if available and/or statistics..
- When do classes start in August?
Thanks!
Congratulations to all those who have also been accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing and/or waiting.. I interviewed back in early Nov. for those wondering.
Couple of Q's for current students or anyone who knows:
- Biochemistry (*As mentioned above, what book is used? I'm planning to self-study/audit the course this Spring..)
- Attrition rate at SJB?
- USMLE Stats/Avgs?
- Previous resident match lists if available and/or statistics..
- When do classes start in August?
Thanks!
Relax, I interviewed on January the 15th and did not hear from them until February 25th, you will be fine.
Happy St. Patricks Day
Thanks for the encouragement!!! I only just discovered the other san juan bautista forums that discuss this topic and I guess I am not the only one going loco "😱" waiting for a response !!!
yea im still waiting too!!...and I interviewed in December...

Hi all!!
I just started learning Spanish. I want to write an e-mail in Spanish to check my admissions status. I am trying to say: To Whom It May Concern, I am writing because I would like to know my admissions status. Thank you for your time. Cordially, Clare
Muy señores míos,
Les escribo porque yo querría saber mi estado de admisión. Mi número de AMCAS es XXXXXX. Gracias par su tiempo.
Saluda atentamente,
Clare
Can anyone tell me if what I wrote in Spanish is okay?
Thanks!!!!!!!
I just started learning Spanish. I want to write an e-mail in Spanish to check my admissions status. I am trying to say: To Whom It May Concern, I am writing because I would like to know my admissions status. Thank you for your time. Cordially, Clare
Muy señores míos,
Les escribo porque yo querría saber mi estado de admisión. Mi número de AMCAS es XXXXXX. Gracias par su tiempo.
Saluda atentamente,
Clare
Can anyone tell me if what I wrote in Spanish is okay?
Thanks!!!!!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cer14,
If you're contacting SJB, I'd advice that you call since they don't really respond to e-mails... and don't be shy, speak to her in English if you have to.
Good luck.
If you're contacting SJB, I'd advice that you call since they don't really respond to e-mails... and don't be shy, speak to her in English if you have to.
Good luck.
A quien pueda interesar,Hi all!!
I just started learning Spanish. I want to write an e-mail in Spanish to check my admissions status. I am trying to say: To Whom It May Concern, I am writing because I would like to know my admissions status. Thank you for your time. Cordially, Clare
Muy señores míos,
Les escribo porque yo querría saber mi estado de admisión. Mi número de AMCAS es XXXXXX. Gracias par su tiempo.
Saluda atentamente,
Clare
Can anyone tell me if what I wrote in Spanish is okay?
Thanks!!!!!!!
Les escribo porque quiero saber el estado de mi admisión. Mi número de AMCAS es XXXXXX. Gracias por su tiempo.
Atentamente,
Clare
In English...
PS. A quien pueda interesar means to whom it may concern....
Muy señores mios is very badly translated 😛. Good luck.
PPS. Congrats chimita.
I was wondering if anyonw knows anything about the 12credit english requirement for the PR schools. I interviewed at sjb and saw that it was a requirement, as well as for some of the other PR schools.Do they count other courses like history and sociology classes...how strict are they on this rule? Is it the same for ppl coming from out of PR than those that lived in PR?Has everyone that has been accepted so far have 12 english credits?
i saw that, i just wanted to know what other classes do the schools consider for English credits. Bc the requirements more most science majors is just english 1 and 2, and those are just 6 credits.
i saw that, i just wanted to know what other classes do the schools consider for English credits. Bc the requirements more most science majors is just english 1 and 2, and those are just 6 credits.
Hey
Don't worry about it. I was in the same situation as you and i just sent them a letter with 4 or 5 classes and their description which i thought could qualify as english classes, such as 2 philosophy classes, ethics, maybe history i dont remember exactly.
Those classes i just mentioned were consider at my university "writing enriched requirement" or "writing intensive requirement" courses, so that's why i thought they could considered english. Anyway, when the admissions officer called me for the interview she didnt even mention anything about my letter so i guess once they see that u went to a US college maybe they dont pay attention too much to the english courses..... dont quote me on that bc i could be wrong!
In my opinion, you should email them telling them that you just saw that 12 english courses were required and that you only have 6 and then give them a list of 5 or 6 courses that you think could be considered english with their descriptions! Make sure their descriptions mention the amount of papers and analyses you had to write and stuff like that...
Btw what i just said about "not paying too much attention to english courses" was ONLY at SJB
at PSM they were super strict with that. I had to sent them the official description of the courses aka my university course catalogue basically by email AND mail. And they told me they only accepted them because they were "writing enriched and writing intevsive courseS"
at UCC they weren't strict either
The 12 english courses requirement applies to both PR and US students.
at PSM they were super strict with that. I had to sent them the official description of the courses aka my university course catalogue basically by email AND mail. And they told me they only accepted them because they were "writing enriched and writing intevsive courseS"
at UCC they weren't strict either
The 12 english courses requirement applies to both PR and US students.
I received my acceptance letter today! All the required documents will be sent by the end of the week to reserve my seat. All those already accepted send me an email so we can get to know each other a little before we become classmates! My email is [email protected].
Chris Corkins
Chris Corkins
has anyone received declined positions? I still haven't received anything and its already almost the end of the month....

yeaaa she told me the same. I called this morning...I forgot to ask how many spots were still left though...for out of state anyways...did you happen to ask?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know when matriculation is going to be held? i wasn't able to get a hold of anyone by phone today. 🙁 hopefully flights stay relatively cheap for a while.
I was waitlisted too🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E