Northwestern countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
um...hi. my name is manicmaven, and I am going to the Northwestern University School of Medicine.

WWWAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Big envelope!!! I can't believe it! Stick a fork in me!

And to all those waitlists I'm hanging out on....goodbye. Especially you OHSU. Blah to you.

My status changed Friday and the packet was postmarked Monday, the 24th. The letter is dated the 21st.

I hope all of you get in and that we'll be hanging out at second look.

As for me, I'm off to have my first celebratory beer in a long time.

Members don't see this ad.

manic...you are the ****! congratulations, cuz i know you wanted this one. i am very happy for you! however, i am also kind of bummed...the chronic no longer has his mellow boozing buddy manicmaven to party with once he starts med school. best wishes!

manicmaven! :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap:

i guess buglady will be dropping you off in chicago on your trip cross country!

congratulations :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, Manicmaven!!!

I was definitely rooting for you. Now, I hope you drink till you pass out, then sleep until you make up for all those nights you were up fretting.

See, sometimes wishes really do come true . . .

West-coaster here: got nothing yet, but I don't live in a major city, so I'm thinking tomorrow...

Congradulations Manicmaven.

It looks to me that if your status changed on friday that its a good sign.

I have been having the worst luck the last week. I hope that it doesn't continue with Northwestern.

ONE MORE DAY +pissed+ +pissed+

Originally posted by manicmaven
um...hi. my name is manicmaven, and I am going to the Northwestern University School of Medicine.

Big envelope!!! I can't believe it! Stick a fork in me!

And to all those waitlists I'm hanging out on....goodbye. Especially you OHSU. Blah to you.

My status changed Friday and the packet was postmarked Monday, the 24th. The letter is dated the 21st.

I hope all of you get in and that we'll be hanging out at second look.

As for me, I'm off to have my first celebratory beer in a long time.

oh hell yeah :clap: :clap: :clap: now THIS is what I'm talking about. I've been following your story and know how much you wanted Northwestern and YOU GOT IT!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! CELEBRATORY BEER, AS IN JUST ONE?!?!? No, have at LEAST 12! :p

Its so awesome when one of the nicer people around here gets what they want. This bud's for you, I'm so happy for you :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mmm... my page updated monday... should i put an acceptance past me?

i don't think so... two accounts to constitute causation.. just correlation.

that is all :)

AHHHH!!!! I got it! I got it! I got it!

It went to the wrong address (my mom's) but it came! The envelope apparently says "Official of Financial Aid" on it. Like manicmaven, my letter was dated the 21st but postmarked the 24th. But don't stress all you Monday status change peeps! I am convinced the whole process is nothing but random madness.

3 reasons not to freak if you are feeling shaking about the vibes you got from NU:

1. I was convinced one of my interviewers absolutely HATED me. I could literally feel the daggers shooting from her eyes.
2. I never got any unexpected love from NU, no phone calls from Hallen, no mysterious "newly accepted students" email.
3. I didn't even get the cookie cutter Dean Brown email until last week (about a month and a half after the interview!)- it seemed like such an afterthought for them to email me that, I was convinced I was a goner.

But they still let me in.

Hope to see more good news on this page tomorrow!

(and CONGRATS manicmaven!!!)

See Chrissy

I told you, you would hear back today.

Congradulations. You give me hope. I think I will find out tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by manicmaven

HOT DAMN! CHICAGO HERE YOU COME!

Hey manic: how come andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY. It's outta my hands.

:D

Here I was thinking you weren't going to get to post your news and I felt bad if I stole your thunder by congratulating you, but no, you found a way...where there's a will, there's a way to internet access!!!!!!!

UMMM, let's see, what can I say? You're the greatest, you rock, you rule, you're my one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, OHSU can suck your butt, and so can GTOWN and all the others.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love you Dr. H!

p.s. I knew manic when she had braces and pegged her pants...:love: :love: :love: !

My waitlist notification came yesterday, post-marked the 24th.

Congrats to all who got in. Northwestern will be a great place!

Wow, thanks everybody! I'm still grinning like a big dork. And WAY TO GO CHRISSY!!!!! I'll see you at 2nd look weekend! I'm really crossing my fingers for all you guys...Forcefield, UCLAMAN, Cipher, Moops, Wadoc, Banannie, Pelican Man, DW (though I have the feeling that he's off to NYC for a little Cornell action), and everyone else who's posted.

May you find large envelopes today. See you on april 10th. And again I say, wahoo!

:clap: :love:

No word for me today. I am out west (not coast). It better come tomorrow. I can't take much more. crazyA, not that it matters, but what size envelope did you get the waitlist notification in.

Congrats to everyone that has gotten in. I hope to see you at second look.

later

Well I went to my mailbox today, nervous as hell. It reminds me of last year when I went to the mailbox nervous as hell when I knew something was coming.

Well anyways, I opened up my mailbox and I saw a bunch of small letters. So I am depressed because now I know that I didn't get accepted.

I take the stack of letters to my parents bed, and slowly sift through each one. Thankfully none of the letters were for me. So there is still a chance that I will get an acceptance package. I kinda wish that I didn't know that the acceptance comes in a large envelope. Well I better get the decision tomorrow.

So far I see that we have 2 acceptances and 1 waitlist.

By the way I live in Orlando. So if anyone around me has gotten something post it.

Nothing in western Mass again today. In fact, not a single piece of mail at all. Now that's disappointing, no?

Nobody got anything today??? Strange...

I got the big white envelope today!!!!!

See you all at second look!!!!!!

btw i'm on the westcoast.

good luck everyone!!!

OMG! OMG! see y'all in sweet Chicago!!!!

funny thing is no mail, but Hallen emailed me and I called her back to confirm!!!! :clap:

I can't believe that I got into med sch!!!!

I looked at this entire thread.

EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN ACCEPTED HAD THEIR STATUS CHANGE ON FRIDAY MARCH 21.

MY THEORY WHICH UNFORTUNETLY I THINK IS RIGHT IS.

If your status changed on friday your got in. If your status changed on Monday, like mine did, then you are waitlisted or rejected.

They updated everyone who got in first. Which makes sense to me. It is more important to get the paperwork and everyone started for the accepted applicants as opposed to the waitlisted folks, which I am soon to become.

+pissed+ +pissed+

ANOTHER WAITLIST IS COMING TO MY HOUSE.:( :( :( :( :( :(

PelicanMan I hope you are very wrong.

i got the big white envelope!!!
:)

already got my drink on.
now settling down to a nice episode of scrubs.

to those who haven't heard yet, i'm crossing my fingers for you.
good luck everybody!

Ouch. I got the dreaded rejection letter yesterday :( (in Northern Cali). The letter's postmarked on the 24th, though my status page changed on the 21st, so I guess PelicanMan's theory's not true, which is good for people whose status changed Monday.

I know my interview wasn't the greatest, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Am I really only one of 20-30 people being rejected?
Well, I guess the upside is no waitlist limbo, at least for this school.

Congrats to everyone who got in! Northwestern's a great school, and I really am happy for those of you who are out celebrating now.

sorry to hear that japonesa.

for the most part this thread has been goodluck or something.

So did NU run out of money and start sending some of these letters 4th class, or are the mailmen in my podunk town slackin' off?

I'm really getting nervous about this whole Monday update thing. Am I right, or has no one with a Monday update been accepted yet? My last shred of hope is that Hallen made that personal call to Moops (which I'm guessing implies acceptance), and Moops was a Monday update.

If only I could stop overanalyzing things...

Congrats to all accepted by the way. You all deserve it, and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I get to meet you all in person on April 10th.

Hey everyone,

First, I want to say I'm sorry to those that received rejection/waitlists. This process is really random...hopefully you'll have an acceptance in your hands and will be headed to a great school come august.

For those still waiting, I still believe there will be acceptances, no matter what day your page changed on.

UCLAMAN, banannie, and vladtaltos, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and I'll see you april tenth!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW I cannot believe it but I received an email inviting me to second look weekend and I had totally given up hope on Northwestern after horrible interview. :eek: I have not even received the acceptance packet yet!

I am sooo happy. I think Northwestern is an excellent school and I love Chicago. Well, I will see you at 2nd look weekend!!!!!!!:love:

Good luck to everyone waiting. I hope you receive some good news soon.

Yeah UCLAMAN! I am sooooo happy for you dude! When people like you get accepted, it gives the whole application process credibility.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by jada99
WOW I cannot believe it but I received an email inviting me to second look weekend and I had totally given up hope on Northwestern after horrible interview. :eek: I have not even received the acceptance packet yet!

I am sooo happy. I think Northwestern is an excellent school and I love Chicago. Well, I will see you at 2nd look weekend!!!!!!!:love:

Good luck to everyone waiting. I hope you receive some good news soon.

Congrats, Jada99! Did all the rest of the accepted people get this email as well?

I haven't checked my email since the day I got the packet, so I'm of no help.

Originally posted by KBCoch
Congrats, Jada99! Did all the rest of the accepted people get this email as well?

Yes, I got the email. Hallen is pretty quick with her responses too.

Alas, waitlisted. Exactly what I was afraid of.

Best of luck to all still waiting.

btw, the waitlist letter comes in a tan 5"7"ish envelope like the envelope the secondary came in.

Yeah!!!!! NU Class of 2007 for me

Hallen Chung Rocks

Well I was right. I got waitlisted today.

DAMNIT+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Waitlist for me too.

Down, but not out.

For those of you who received the email (before or after the letter), when did your status change online? Was it emailed out a week after your status changed/letter was mailed out? NU's mail has taken FOREVER to get to me every time they've sent something, but I'm thinking that not getting anything today definitely spells an R or a W.

Originally posted by wadoc
For those of you who received the email (before or after the letter), when did your status change online? Was it emailed out a week after your status changed/letter was mailed out? NU's mail has taken FOREVER to get to me every time they've sent something, but I'm thinking that not getting anything today definitely spells an R or a W.

i got the email from hallen regarding second look on Thurs( so 6 days from my status page change). My status page changed Friday.

Originally posted by wadoc

My status page changed on friday and i got the email yesterday. I hope you get good news soon, wadoc.

Congrats eveyone, see ya at second look!! yipee!!