The Official 07/30/09 MCAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmnguye4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw someone JUST made a official August 6 MCAT club, and I thought, where's July 30, 2009? So, I made one! :thumbup: Unless... I missed it somewhere... :confused:

I haven't started studying yet, but I will when final exams are over (this Thursday)!! :D :)

Members don't see this ad.

sure, i'll rephrase! i'm not an mcat expert or anything (haha), but i'll just write what i believe to be true. i think the experimental passages are included in the mcat so the test makers can see what sorts of questions are easy, of medium difficulty, or hard. this is probably determined based on the percentage of test takers that gets the question right. they do this to make the test more "fair" by having a very similar (if not exact) same amount of easy, medium, or difficult questions for each test administration.

the makers are interested in how well students answer the questions when they're actively thinking, rather than rushing. let's say that the last passage of verbal (or ps/bs) is the experimental one. if many students rush at the very end and randomly choose Ds, then the statistics will show that the experimental questions are pretty dang rough (since those people got at least a few wrong). in other words, the stats would probably be skewed.

now that i've written that all out, though...i think i may just be overanalyzing. haha. & yeah. it's lame of me to think..."woe is me...i don't think i'm getting an 11 on verbal." i shall chill and accept whatever i get. :]

My computer froze when the 5 minutes left window popped up...I just about had a heart attack! But the proctor was great and able to fix everything. I keep worrying that this is somehow going to affect my score, even though I didn't end up losing time and all my original answers were still there. Did this happen to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
My computer froze when the 5 minutes left window popped up...I just about had a heart attack! But the proctor was great and able to fix everything. I keep worrying that this is somehow going to affect my score, even though I didn't end up losing time and all my original answers were still there. Did this happen to anyone else?

Happened to me in January. Don't worry about it. It seems to happen a lot. But it didn't lose any answers and won't affect the scoring. It's just a little scary at the time.

Hey everyone! I took the MCAT june 18th and got a 30, way below my averages. yesterday i took it again to try to hit closer to my scores. for the past week, i read through the harder kaplan, TPR, and AAMC passages to try to prepare myself for the worst since the 18th was like impossible and nothing like the AAMC practice tests. here's what i thought of yesterday's:

PS: so much easier than the june 18th. i feel like there was actually stuff on there that i had studied. the discretes were like AAMC but the passage questions were harder. overall, it was definitely harder than AAMC because some of the passage questions were convoluted, but I was just so happy that it wasn't a disaster like the 18th that it didn't matter. for 2 of the questions i was positive i was doing the right calculations but then none of my answer choices matched; did this happen to anyone else? so frustrating.

verbal: way better than the 18th also. finished with time left over; the passages are longer and more confusing than AAMC, but overall the topics were more manageable than the last one. i think this section is all about luck, so we'll see how the guessing turned out.

BS: the ochem was meant to try to trick us i think, so i skipped reading the actual passages and went right to the questions, which surprisingly worked out well. some of the other stuff that people already mentioned was tricky (cAMP, etc.) but overall i was expecting passages like out of the AAMC's book, and it just wasn't like it. i was annoyed at one of the discretes, giving choices that are so similar to each other is just cruel (c words anyone??) but overall it wasn't that bad.

hopefully the curve will still be good, but this test was definitely so much easier than the june 18th. i don't want to wait till september 1st!!!! ahhh!

okay. i am now freaking out second guessing ALL of my answers to yesterdays exam.
i did the worst thing which is not skipping over the ones which are stumping me. which eats up time, and never seems to help me at all.
so i ended up with very little time at the end of PS (20 seconds). i had to do the pressure/carbon passages really quickly (i went backwards - doing passages 6 and 7 first).
what i needed to do was just skim the passages really really quickly in order to finish them. so i am wondering if there was anything really funky information in the passage that they gave you. like with the carbon passage was there anything important in the passage that you needed to know. I think that one question asked about a how many carbons were needed for something....and i just skimmed down the page and saw a number and put it. were some questions in the passages just give me's...as in the answer was right there in the passage. I thought i did alright...but thinking back, now i am re-taking the whole test in my head. also with verbal - i had to just randomly click on the last three questions...and am so so so upset about it.
i walked out feeling not completely horrible from each section (was frustrated that i ran out of time). but now that i have been away from it, i am really really upset.
i also can't stop thinking about one of the reagents in the o-chem "bio-chem" question. i thought - this seems like the correct one...but it didn't seem like one that can be in the body....
ughhhh

I just want to say i will take everything you said to the heart so I don't believe anything you just said and I think you are full of crap. but real though thanks for the advice man and hope you did better then you your highest practice score.

Ive taken it twice now, this is the best advice I can give you:

Expect Anything.

From reading all of the SDN threads over the last few months, it seems like there is a wide variety of exams; for example some will have two easy sections and one very difficult section, while it seems like today's exam had 3 average difficulty sections (with different people finding some sections harder than others, and vice versa, probably related strictly to their strengths and weaknesses).

For physical sciences; I thought todays exam mirrored closely the AAMC practice exams; although several problems were almost verbatim example problems I ran into while doing Princeton review, Berkeley review, or Kaplan (I used all of their materials). In the past others have said some physical sciences have been more conceptual, while others have been calculation heavy, some have been very easy, some have been very hard and some have been middle of the road.

Verbal I can't comment on as I've always found it very easy, but it appears that it ranges from "not so bad" to "oh my sweet lordy".

Biological sciences is sort of like physical science again; the mcat people have been saying for years now that Organic is being phased out or taking a backseat to other exams; this is false, TONS of people in the past 3 months have been getting 2-3 organic passages + discretes, do not believe the hype; Organic Chemistry is very much a part of the MCAT. The Bio is also switching to being more reading comprehension based; lots of dense passages with most of the info in the passages but hard to get to. At the same time, lots of questions can be answered by outside knowledge you learned from your books so don't neglect that.

I can't really tell you anything other than the scary truth that the MCAT is just like a wild animal with no reason or rhyme. Sometimes you will find it easy, sometimes you will get stuff that leaves you scratching your head. Some administrations are probably so weird that the writers don't even know what just happened. Its a TERRIBLE example of what a "standardized" exam should be, and the AAMC should be ashamed of itself; monkeys could do a better job. But I guess thats the point; could you imagine if the MCAT was just an easy exam and everybody was dropping 40's on it, nobody would care. Just be prepared for anything, literally anything (I once got a passage on "Dog Turds", no joke).

My second piece of advice, and i think this is even more important; STOP READING SDN until you finish your MCAT. Do not listen to anything other people have to say; especially on the internet, half of them are full of crap, the other half don't know what they are talking about (and apply this to me even, im just throwing all this out there). Please dont listen to these people saying how they have been scoring 13+ in every section consistently and let it get you; they arent. Less than 1% of the thousands and thousands of people who take the MCAT do that well, I doubt that every single one hangs out on this message board. Just keep your head down and your eye on the prize; study as hard as you can and do not worry about what others are saying or what they are doing, worry about yourself.

Good luck with your studying, just keep grinding it out.

Hey everyone!! I also took the July 30th MCAT and have just joined SDN. I've been keeping up with this thread since it started, but didn't want to join because I knew I would have been posting more on SDN than studying for the MCAT.

I really have been back and forth with how I did on the exam, thinking I did ok but have slowly been getting more and more concerned as the hours tick by (and I still have a month). But my thoughts on the exam:

PS: AAAHHHHH!!!! This was usually my best section, and the section that usually bumped my score up to a more respectable level. Maybe it was the initial nerves of the exam or something, but I this was much harder than AAMC exams. I usually am confident on a majority of my answers, but this time I guessed on more than several questions, which really hurt any confidence as I was going through the section. Also, I got held up on one of the passages, and that made me have to guess on about 2 at the end. I forget which passage held me up, but for me there seemed to be a ton more Physics than Gen Chem, which upset me A LOT!!

VR: Blah, I hate this section the most of all the sections on the exam (I know I'm not alone with this). I thought I was doing well on time during the first few passages I did, but I got held up on one (and again I forget which one, but I've really put the specifics of the exam outside my mind), but that made me get to the last passage with only 5 minutes left. I did my best quickly skimming the passage, but had to straight up guess on the last 2 questions of that passage (the passage only had 5 questions, thank God!). But overall, I was expecting long, LONG passages, but I truly did not think the passages were any longer than AAMC exams (maybe a few sentences, if that).

WS: Hahahaha, I am positive I saw the business one on a practice exam, so pretty much wrote the same essay. The other prompt was not too bad either.

BS: I usually count on Orgo pulling my grade because my Bio on the practice exams had been iffy. But Orgo, for whatever reason, seemed difficult for me bu the Bio seemed decent if not better than I had been doing (except for the alkylating questions...BOO).

I truly have no idea how I did (I have a range spanning 6 points in my head), and the pessimist that I am, I feel like I scored on the low end of that...

Also, I am having nightmares that I accidently clicked VOID instead of grade my exam, and then this would be for nothing. I hate this whole thing!

hey does anyone kno if we can sign up for another test date...iv been trying but with no luck. Help would be appreciated

anyways, here are my passages to the best of my memory
PS
- breathanalyzer
- buckyballs (c60)
- space probe/gravitation
- translational motion/galileo
- circuit pulley
- antibiotics
- radiation/nuclear waste
I got all of these. A friend of mine who took the same day did not get the penicillin fermentation tank passage.

VR
- medieval astronomy
- medieval physicians
- art/literature criticism
- memes
- inductive/deductive reasoning
- ???
- ???
i don't remember any passages on social classes or architecture. are there other general words that describe those passages to get my memory going? nothing specific please! i don't want to anger the demigods of sdn.
The architecture one talked about modern architecture pioneers, I don't remember the other two but one of them was Frank Lloyd Wright. That should ring a bell, if you had the passage.

The social classes passage referred to percentages of the population who became college educated and how that affected their socioeconomic class, talked about the baby boomers, gender wage inequality, etc. I believe this one was the last passage.

Inductive/deductive reasoning absolutely does not ring a bell with me. I did get a passage talking about how language grammar rules are analogous to ethical rules of behavior.

It's all a little hazy, but I think I got my VR passages in roughly this order:
medieval physicians, art/literary criticism, memes/Dawkins, modern architecture, grammar/ethics, medieval astronomy, and then education/socioeconomics.

BS
- heme
- actin stuff
- cAMP
- orgo mech. w/ scheme A
- bromine reaction
- genetics one on mutS etc
- ??
I got all of this. I also got a passage on the circulatory system with questions mostly focusing on differences between arteries, veins, capillaries, and arterioles (in the kidney). It kind of doesn't stand out because there wasn't much data in the passage, it was just a springboard to ask a bunch of circulatory system questions. The same friend of mine I mention above who didn't get the penicillin fermentation tank passage in PS also did not get this circulatory system passage.

I agree with the previous poster about the cAMP cell differentiation as well as the cellular genetics/DNA alkylation passages being mostly just an exercise in verbal reasoning. Almost all the answers were there in the passage, it just took forever to suss them out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or was anyone else under the impression that Alkenes were no longer supposed to be part of the Ochem material? I had the bromine passage as well and immediately thought, hey that's not supposed to be tested material.

Is it just me or was anyone else under the impression that Alkenes were no longer supposed to be part of the Ochem material? I had the bromine passage as well and immediately thought, hey that's not supposed to be tested material.
I hear that next year they'll stop testing on hydrocarbons too. Who needs those anyways! :laugh:

From my memory:

PS:
Buckyballs (Fullerenes)
Breathalyzer
Uranium Disposal Site
Circuit Pulley
Space Probe
Gailelian Translational Motion
and one more...definitely didn't get antibiotic test. I think it was an electrochemistry passage?

VR:
Medieval Doctors
Literary Criticism
Medieval vs Modern Astronomy
Memes!
Economics
Writing
Architecture

BS:
Heme Groups
cAMP
Alkenes/Bromine
DNA Mutation/Alkylation
Actin Effects Experiment
Organic Scheme A vs B

Yes, I was under the impression alkenes weren't on there. Unfortunately, I studied using 8-year old Kaplan FLs, meaning I over-prepared like a mofo for this thing.

PS destroyed me regardless though. Maybe the concepts were just really, REALLY well buried in the passages and questions. Not enough Phys2 for my liking, they usually have more.

Last edited:
verbal:
medieval medicine
medieval astronomy
art criticism
memes
architecture

there's one i'm missing...hmm..i know it hasn't been mentioned yet. i didn't have one on inductive/deductive reasoning, pit bulls, or grammar/ethics ties. i don't think i skipped a passage or anything, but i cannot think of the mystery passage. haha.

I think you guys might be making a few too many assumptions about experimental passages. I think it's quite a reach to suggest there's an experimental passage for each section on each administration, let alone multiples for each section. I'd bet it's more sporadic than that and they are likely pretty outlandish when they appear.

Yeah you can't predict the experimental one based on who got it and who didn't. Its different with everyone and sometimes its a few scattered questions instead of a whole passages. Sometimes a section will have one, sometimes it won't. I think its unpredictable all together...

Hey guys, my thoughts:

PS) I thought this wasn't too bad. Very close to what I felt the practice aamc tests approximated.

VS) LONG passages and questions were OBTUSE! This was rather difficult for me.

BS) MUCH harder then aamc practice stuff. I am NERVOUS about my score in this area. I ended up running out of time and actually guessing on 3 or 4 marked questions.

Anyways, did anyone void, or planning to retake exam, solely based on how they felt AFTER the exam?

The resistors were in series.

I knew I should have reviewed circuits more thoroughly. :(

Probably got three wrong on that passage alone.

The further out we get from the test date the less of a feeling I have about how I did. I came out of the exam not feeling overly confident, I did fine on time management (I don't know how some of you guys finish sections 15 minutes early) but there was a lot of guessing and 2nd guessing after the fact but now I honestly haven't the slightest clue how I did. I wouldn't be surprised to see any score now.

I'm writing my personal statement today and tomorrow. Although I'm only submitting my app to one school, UofMn, which tends to run really late from what I've been reading so I hope I'm okay applying this late.

The funny thing about the MCAT is you never really know how you did. I remember the first time I took it I thought it was impossible. I left the exam with zero confidence. It turns out I did ok, but not great. Honestly, best bet is to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if you get something else.

I felt the exam was pretty tough. There are always some gimmes . . . but I also felt there were some real toughies on there too.

Yeah, at this point I'm expecting the worst. There were definitely a lot of tough questions, but lots of easy ones as well so I'm not sure about the curve.

I keep getting the number 27 in my head when I think about the MCAT and that's scaring the crap out of me. I'd have to find a way to spank myself HARD if that happens.

Craziness last night. I had a terrible dream that I tanked on the MCAT . . . tripping the sixes. Man, that dream woke me up twice.

I hate having post test nightmares.

I was homecoming king court for my university, some ppl told me not to put that on the AMCAS... Of course none of them were in medschool, nor did they vote for me (coincidence?.. :p)... Does it look bad? Or not even matter?

I was homecoming king court for my university, some ppl told me not to put that on the AMCAS... Of course none of them were in medschool, nor did they vote for me (coincidence?.. :p)... Does it look bad? Or not even matter?

How do you know who voted for you?

How do you know who voted for you?

Well I dont know, technically. However, you get an idea who does and doesn't. Random ppl who I never knew would tell me they voted for me, among ppl who I did know. The people who told me not to put it on amcas I heard talked crap about me all year because of the homecoming thing. I dont want to get into the specifics, but i know why they didnt like me participating in it. My obvious concern is whether they have a legitimate point, that if it DOES look bad or not.

It got me thinking ya know. I planned on putting it on as an experience because I feel it shows that im recognized as an all-around student by the university. It wasnt a typical "highschool" homecoming, where popularity only mattered. You had to fill out an application, write an essay, be active in the university. Then a panel of faculty members judges whether u can be a candidate, only then did students vote on who should be king...

still having random bad thoughts about this mcat, why did it have to be so hard!!!!!!!! i just get them randomly too when I am driving or reading, weeiird.

I am in the middle of paradise, surfing the coast of Nicaragua
and I am still checking this forum.

I am out of my mind.

that is all.

I never realized how horrible it is to have to wait this long. I had a dream that I got a 34 the other night and was so happy when I woke up.

Somehow I doubt VR is gonna let me come close to getting that 34 :(

I'm pretty scared too. I havent "nightmares" or anything, but I'm trying my best not to think "what if i did bad, what if i failed it." It WAS way harder than the practices in my opinion. I was having a lot more trouble than during practices, and finished with only 5-10 minutes left in PS and BS, i normally finish with 15-20 min left. It is concerning a bit.

However, we all need to relax and enjoy ourselves. We just took down a monster. Polish your apps, enjoy the summer, and relax. Nothing can be done about the test now. Just pray and hope for the best. Im sure everyone did good since we were all on here merely weeks ago panicking over questions and concepts to make sure we didnt miss anything haha.

sure, i'll rephrase! i'm not an mcat expert or anything (haha), but i'll just write what i believe to be true. i think the experimental passages are included in the mcat so the test makers can see what sorts of questions are easy, of medium difficulty, or hard. this is probably determined based on the percentage of test takers that gets the question right. they do this to make the test more "fair" by having a very similar (if not exact) same amount of easy, medium, or difficult questions for each test administration.

the makers are interested in how well students answer the questions when they're actively thinking, rather than rushing. let's say that the last passage of verbal (or ps/bs) is the experimental one. if many students rush at the very end and randomly choose Ds, then the statistics will show that the experimental questions are pretty dang rough (since those people got at least a few wrong). in other words, the stats would probably be skewed.

now that i've written that all out, though...i think i may just be overanalyzing. haha. & yeah. it's lame of me to think..."woe is me...i don't think i'm getting an 11 on verbal." i shall chill and accept whatever i get. :]

I believe we have the same passages, but in different orders. For example, even if your last passage was about cAMP, my last passage could have been about lac operons. The level of difficulty has to do with the actual passage, not the order it's given in. Does that make sense?

I took it on the 30th too. I remembered it wasn't too bad, but unsure if I got any question right.

PS: not that well, I can't even remember any passage! Except too many physics and not enough chemistry. I HATE physics!

VS: finished right on time, but had to skim through the last passage. Lost my concentration b/c the person next to me was typing so LOUDLY! Even with my headphone on, I couldn't focus. Hopefully I did ok.

WS: The first question was too simple, so hard to think of example when you know that the statement is dumb! The second one was better. I hope they don't score too hard. Or does this section even matter???

VS: This was supposed to be my BEST section. somehow missed the 4 discreet questions section and had to guess on 2 and leave 2 blank...ran out of time. SO MAD!

I can't believe I have to wait for 22 more days! Ahhhhh!:mad::mad:

Well, I took this beast on 7/30 as well, and I thought I'd give myself some time before I comment on it. Also, I needed time to recover from my celebratory Vegas trip after my MCAT and all the drinking that ensued. :) But it was a great way to celebrate taking this damn thing!

On to my thoughts of the exam -

First, some background. I had taken this last year in September and was doing OK on all the parts until I hit the BS. IT was MUCH harder than the practice AAMC's and my timing was off, and I basically lost it when I got this beast of a passage with 9 questions on cell-cell adhesion and cancer! To make a long story short, I ended up guessing mostly on that passage, but I thought I did OK on the other questions, so I was unsure whether or not to void. Well, 5 minutes were up, and I think the button was on void which I learned a month later that I had voided it even though I never hit the OK button. So here I am, hopefully better prepared and with TBR prep materials and a cell bio class under my belt. :)

PS: Just like last year, I thought this was comparable to the AAMC sections. This exam was definitely more chem heavy which was good because I beefed up my chem skills with TBR over the last year. Also, I was gearing up for mostly physics 2 stuff, but surprisingly got a lot of mechanics, circular motion questions. Luckily, I found that stuff to be a bit more intuitive, so I think I did OK there. There was one question from the satellite passage that got me. I wasted some time on it, decided to skip it, and with extra time leftover at the end, I still couldn't get the right answers in the answer choices! I think I must have missed some key info in the reading. All in all, I finished with about a few minutes to spare and thought it was similar to the AAMC's.

VS: This is definitely the hardest section for me to judge because on the AAMC's, there have been times when I thought I've done well, and my score sucked. But the bottom line here was I was so afraid of some abstract, obscure humanities and/or philosophy passage, but I never got it. I actually enjoyed reading all the passages, which doesn't mean much, as I seem to always get at least one passage I struggle to concentrate on for the practice AAMC's and last year's exam. I personally thought that this was about as friendly of a passage selection for me as it could have been. I'm not going to declare victory until I see my score though. This section is notoriously hard to judge for me. Oh, like some other people have mentioned,I too was annoyed by all the other people clicking on their keyboards as they were doing the writing section. Luckily, I had some time to spare, so I just reread the lines where I lost concentration from the key clicks!

WS: Well, I practiced this a little bit, but since no one cares, I didn't really care, and just wrote some filler material. People have mentioned that the prompts were on one of the AAMC practice exams, but it must have been on one of the ones I've done last year AAMC 7-10, so I forgot it already. Oh well, as long as I don't embarrass myself, I'll be happy.

BS: I made sure to head back to my testing station early because this section made me retake it this year. This was definitely my worst section, I thought. I started losing concentration on some of the longer passages, ie DNA Alkylation and actin passages, so I was spinning my wheels a lot and rereading lines. I think that probably cost me some time. But this time, the discretes were much quicker than last year's test, so I had extra time to spare. Also, there was more organic than I expected. I hope that my TBR prep in organic carried me through, but we shall see. All in all, I thought it was harder than an AAMC, but not terribly so like the one I took last year. I could also be more prepared since I took it last year and was shell shocked at the BS section so I kind of knew what to expect and tried to concentrate on those areas.

Overall, I felt decently out of the exam. I think as more time goes on, I'm very nervous that maybe I compromised accuracy for speed, but we won't know for sure until a few more weeks!!! ARGGHHH!!! Oh well, I need to work on my applications so no use obsessing!

Good Luck to everyone else as we'll probably all be back here on 9/1. :)

Hey Y'all!
I took the GRE today (at the same testing site). It made me remember all my fondness for the MCAT. I received my scores RIGHT AFTER the test. (Verbal: 650 Quantative: 790). The writing section results will come in 2 weeks. I so wish we had our MCAT results right after the test. I really have no idea how I did. I think was calmer today because I had more confidence about the test, I was familiar with the testing site, and I felt like my GRE score didn't matter as much (Baylor's average is a 1200. I knew I could do that). I definitely did better on my writing sections today then on July 30. The prep books I read for the GRE did a better job preparing me than the ones I had for the MCAT. I also managed my time better in the writing section. I almost ran out of time on the math section becuase I was taking time to get all the right answers. I had to guess on the last few.

One of my procrastination tools for studying for the GRE was to work on my TMDSAS application. I can't believe how long it took to enter in all my activities. I still need to go back and edit them. It wasn't nice that I only 300 characters/activity. I felt like I barely said anything about the experiences. All I have left is my personal statement. I think my plan to wait till after all the tests was a good one since now I am more practices in writing essays. It also helped to make it more real. I know what I am going to write, I am going to wait a couple of days and then do it. I still want to wait till my scores come back before I submit the applications. Someone suggested in one of the other forums submitting the AMCAS to just one school in order to start verification without the MCAT score and then add other schools once I get it. Maybe if I finish my personal statement really soon. TMDSAS says on its website that it doesn't process till the application is complete and the application isn't complete without the MCAT score. UT-Houston is my top choice. We'll see how things go.

Ok, this is what is on my mind today. How are all y'all doing?

Anyone else feeling stress that we are applying late?

hey guys...i also took the end of july mcat this year and the wait is really bugging! I wanted to ask, but are you guys still submitting your secondaries or waiting until the scores come out? I'm working on my secondaries right now but feel so nervous/weird as i do so because I seriously do not know how i did on this mcat. im freaking out! You guys think it's too late to study for the MCAT now while studying for the September MCAT at the same time? Or just focus on the secondaries? :confused:
Thanks guys and best of luck on the scores and secondaries

I've submitted most of my secondaries. I feel really weird about it, though...like sometimes I think it's a waste of time because I really don't know how I did. Thanks, AAMC.

that's probably a good thing since so many people have said applying early is most optimal. but, i wish aamc can just our scores already!! haha..im thinking the waiting part is the worst part rather than actually taking the darn test!

..im thinking the waiting part is the worst part rather than actually taking the darn test!

Man, I wish that was actually true. Although that could be because I'm not applying this cycle and at least waiting until next spring before I even think to apply to any schools

i wish i was in your situation! you can just re-take the test in january if necessary and reapply super early next year in june. man, i wish i had done that last year. anyways, let's just :xf: for a good curve come september 1st.

Man, I wish that was actually true. Although that could be because I'm not applying this cycle and at least waiting until next spring before I even think to apply to any schools

The anxiety is killing me!!!!!!!!!!! I'm having a systemic allergic reaction each time I think about the MCAT and my soon to be score! How hard is it for AAMC to score the computerized exam? AHHHHHH!

Okay so I signed up for an early sept exam BUT I have not been studying AT ALL. should I try studying now or just forget it?

I think I just need to admit defeat. ;( I know I did horribly on our test and I cant open an mcat book anymore. anyone feel the same?

I'm not having a huge problem waiting on my score but I can't seem to get anything application related done during the waiting period in fear of the score coming back poorly. The only school I'm applying to tends to process very late in the year it seems so I'm hoping I'm still okay.

I'm a non-trad so I'm getting a lot of other stuff done now.

Im just chipping away at my secondaries but Im not submitting them cause I dont wanna blow that money if I did terrible. I dont think I did awful but I keep having flash backs about VR. It is never my strongest section and it was a blur. I cant remember anything and I fear the worst all the time. Ill be happy to get an 8+, no joke.