Doing bad things for good grades...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chairs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think certain ends justify certain special means?

Members don't see this ad.

Just make sure that you don't get caught.

"for good grades"- no, certain ends in this case do not justify "doing bad things"

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't post such specific questions here; people might figure out who you are.

You engaged in sexual activity with your teacher didn't you?? Nice..

edited

Last edited:
Given the title, I am extremely disappointed with the content of this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
*Technically* it doesn't even count as you know what... I prayed on my knees all the time, but it wasn't working out, not this time. I thought I needed to take direct action and let His grace guide me. If it weren't meant to happen, it wouldn't have happened. I don't think there's anything bad in it. Not that anything happened. Clearly this is hypothetical.

Lol, milk it for all its worth. Make sure to get evidence of it too. If you do it right, you'll end up with higher grades, maybe some a lil richer, and have the prof forever indebted to you.

I don't deal with technicalities, but I'd say if you're guilty about it, then it probably isn't something G-rated.

Woah, what did you do?! I'm very curious in that if I had the opportunity to do something I would as well haha ;)

Well she said she "prayed" on her knees. If you're too naive to infer from that, I'm not going to elaborate for you.

To the op, if you're really serious, and you really think that this was meant to happen as in God's will, you are a good example of how backward a lot of religious people are.

Maybe that will spice up the thread?

Actually, no, no I wouldn't. I wouldn't be that desperate for a .02-.05 increase in my GPA that wouldn't make a difference.

This thread is soo much fail.

2335178061_4d6b5dc594.jpg

Who said anything about a .02-.05 increase in my GPA? I know I never made myself clear (neither did she as to why she did it), but the only way I would ever do such a thing was to significantly increase, not some petty increase. It would be in a desperate measure like a pass/fail thing or changing a grade from a C to an A...haha like that makes it any better. Anyways, I'm done going back and forth with you, this is thread is a fail.

BJs for A's? :thumbdown: Respect yourself more or something. Oh, and I feel obligated to tell you that you'll make a terrible doctor.

Hey you can just say it was for the good of SCIENCE!

Where the f*** do you get off telling someone they are going to be a terrible doctor. You don't know one thing about me. I think its quite funny actually...I do respect myself thank you very much. Look I've never done it, I said if I had the change I probably would. Just trying to make the girl feel a little bit better about herself geeze. This is so ridiculous now..I should've never joked around about something that is apparently so serious.

Whatever helps you sleep at night....

I don't really care if you do it or not; it just means that you're a person that would do anything for nothing, probably have very low self-esteem, and someone that I would avoid like the plague. But that's your prerogative.

But saying God willed it? Come on now.

It depends what that certain end is and what that certain mean is, IMHO.

Good, I hope to never deal with a person like you either who just judges someone off of one little thing and just trying to get a chuckle. Guess not. You can believe whatever you want about me...thats the beauty of this thing called SDN. You won't ever know who I am and don't know a thing about me. and vice versa. Yes I don't agree with her saying that "God willed it"..didn't read that. I'm done with this stupid ass thread and all the people on here. ridonk.:thumbdown:

It was a pleasure chatting with you babe. We should get together sometime. ;)

There's no integrity in doing 'bad' things that ultimately give you 'good' results.

You can do it exactly like the next guy who did all his work honestly and got the same result. It's not a matter of 'does end justify the means' but rather which keeps your integrity and self-respect.

But by now this topic is probably on a whole different track.

Wow.... just wow...

So what was the price the OP went for? F to A in a 5 unit class or more like a F to P in a 1 unit lab? I just hope it was worth it and he didn't have anything transmittable... and that she gets a real good LOR out of it! (Can you imagine what that prof would have to say about her? lol...)

But in all seriousness, I don't think losing your integrity and dignity are worth any price, even a full-ride to medical school. I believe I'm worth more than that, and if I were a woman I'd still hold to that belief. All the money and knowledge in the world can't buy you your dignity or reputation back. Once they're gone, they, like your virginity, are gone for good.

chairs said:
...I prayed on my knees all the time, but it wasn't working out, not this time. I thought I needed to take direct action and let His grace guide me.
24x3rqu.jpg

The End never justifies the Means...

Everything you do reflects your character. Please don't soil your integrity and self-respect for a measly A. Do your best and know that, whatever happens, you gave it your all, and nobody can take that away from you.

Sounds cliche? Well, it's done wonders for me. Am I perfect? Far from. But I've done my best to walk the straight line and live an honest life.

Bad is relative? Cheating is bad. Lying is bad. Lying to yourself is bad.

I think it's universally accepted that murdering, stealing, raping ,etc. are bad. How you can justify these atrocities or dismiss their "badness" as relative, I don't know and don't want to know.

You're tryin' to be a doctor buddy. Do the right thing. Live the honest life. Fight hard. Cry hard. Fight harder. And at the end of the day, win or lose, you'll be proud of yourself.

It's ok to do good things for bad grade.

You saved a homeless guy's life with CPR and could not attend an exam.

I think it's because of students like this that I'm thinking of ditching medicine to become a professor. Easy pickin'. I guess it could translate into medicine too. "Doctor, I have no insurance." Well, we could call it even if...

Yes.

Runn!!! This thread's gonnnaa imploode!!!

srsly tho... pix?

Holy s***, I didn't know this actually happened.

No more premed for me folks. I am going to be a professor.

Just make sure that you don't get caught.
agree...LOL

just kidding...I think that getting good grade doesnt mean you learned the information...so when MCAT comes...who know what will happen...

Ok how about everyone be honest with themselves and I guarantee there is a professor or two that you wouldn't need the good grade incentive to do something like this. I will be the first to admit I had a very attractive psych professor who I would more than like to have "gotten to know" if I met them at a bar and not in class.

And using murder as the example of how ends don't justify the means is about the worst example you can use...self defense.

Kyle: It's the kindergarten teacher, Ms. Stephenson.
Police Sergeant: The blonde?
Kyle: Yeah.
Policeman #1: Some young boy is having sex with Ms. Stephenson?
Kyle: Yes.
Policeman #1: Nice.
Police Sergeant: Nice.

Kyle: It's the kindergarten teacher, Ms. Stephenson.
Police Sergeant: The blonde?
Kyle: Yeah.
Policeman #1: Some young boy is having sex with Ms. Stephenson?
Kyle: Yes.
Policeman #1: Nice.
Police Sergeant: Nice.

One of the funnier South Park episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.