PAT for beginners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen some of the problems but I haven't officially started any sort of preparation for the PAT. Can anyone recommend a good place to start?

It seems obvious that cdp is great but I wasn't sure if that would be ideal for a beginner without any prior experience with the PAT.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For me personally...

I started off with KBB, its very easy and basic, If you can handle all the problems in KBB, then it will set you ready for CDP.

After I was done with KBB, I bought the 10-test version of CDP, and I only needed to do the first 8.

I normally did 1 test every 4-6 days and here is how I planned it out.

1) Suppose I take Test#1 today...
2) wait 4-6 days
3) after the 4-6 day wait, review all the mistakes you made on Test#1. CDP is great cause you can save all your tests, which dates you took em, what score you got, and what answers you got right and wrong, it stores EVERYTHING, its the best program ever
4) Now, after your done reviewing all Test#1 mistakes, don't jump into Test#2 right away, wait a few hours, or maybe till next day, that way Your mind set woun't be in "PAT MODE" ....... Reason I am saying this is on the real DAT, your going to jump right from the sciences into the PAT, your mind set will be totally not into "PAT MODE"... and thats the way you should practice

My scores were like this (from Test1 to 8)
17, 18, 18, 17, 21, 19, 20, 19

If your wondering why I waited 4-6 days between my testing and correction is because I really believe that subconsciously, your brain needs a period of time to develope its 3-D mapping skills. I believe the brain does it without even you knowing it. I am not basing this on any scientific evidence, its more of a hunch because every time I came back 4-6 days after my test, the answers seemed clearer and clearer, Like I would be looking over my mistakes and realizing how stupid I was by picking the wrong answer before I even went a head and realized what the correct answer was.... Its hard to explain

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I second the advice given by dental works. I did kaplan, then crack PAT then achiever PAT.

I've seen some of the problems but I haven't officially started any sort of preparation for the PAT. Can anyone recommend a good place to start?

It seems obvious that cdp is great but I wasn't sure if that would be ideal for a beginner without any prior experience with the PAT.

Thanks!

Try buying that ultimate crack pat package with the 5000 of angles, hp, and cc ... Practice CONTINUOUSLY with those for quite some time... it really trains the brain to visualize and familiarize itself with this sort of perceptoin... then about a month before your exam take the full length practice tests every few days.

Every section was intuitive to me except for the top-front-side. At first I was like, wth? What are all these confusing solid and broken lines?? lol .. I remember using some other book to explain that one to me - I think it was baron's? But anyway, I utilized Crack Dat PAT for the bulk of my preparation. I did practice tests like crazy... for the week before my actual DAT, I did one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. At first I was getting 17-19, but after a few days I was scoring 20+.