***Official NYU Class of 2014 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentene ice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received notice from the parents that they received a package from NYU (sent by UPS) with an offer of admission!!

Members don't see this ad.

wow where are you located? that's very fast shipping!!

I thought they were being sent out on Dec. 1??? Is your parents' house located in NYUCD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received notice from the parents that they received a package from NYU (sent by UPS) with an offer of admission!!

Your parents going to dental school too?

Hehehe, seriously though, where do they live? I live pretty close too and been waiting.

Grats by the way.

Ah, nevermind the question. In Canada.

Last edited:
Thanks again!
Call home...I'm sure you guys have packages awaiting you

i doubt anything will reach california by today aha. Mail doesnt come for another 3 hours though.

I'm so excited now!!! I thought it would take till thursday or friday for NYU to come!!! Now I have something to look forward to instead of a boring day of studying....:)

wow where are you located? that's very fast shipping!!

At the interview, the front desk lady did mention that NYU was going to try and time it so that mail got to people ON December 1st, and not before. My guess is that they tried to mail to the people further away first to make up for the different shipping times. But in any case, congrats!

yes, people in Canada always receive acceptance letters before US residents in the past years

Members don't see this ad :)
at the interview, the front desk lady did mention that nyu was going to try and time it so that mail got to people on december 1st, and not before. My guess is that they tried to mail to the people further away first to make up for the different shipping times. But in any case, congrats!

oh man!!!

I live in a few blocks away from nyu dental, but I haven't got anything from them today...

im notsure if they'll give information over the phone. Maybe ask for a hint? lol

can we call??
I think Dr. Meja warned against calling especially on Dec 1st to ask about their decision. So, it might be a better idea for us to accept the torture and wait a few more hours/days, depending on where everyone lives.

I think Dr. Meja warned against calling especially on Dec 1st to ask about their decision. So, it might be a better idea for us to accept the torture and wait a few more hours/days, depending on where everyone lives.

Yup.

Call them on December 1st = A U T O M A T I C R E J E C T IO N

DING DONG...

OMG, OMG, OMG....
OMG!!!!!!!!

(Jump up from studying and run to the front door. Turn on the light. Swing open the front door)

"Hey, I'm just here to drop off two clocks that your mother wanted."

---going through my mind~ You have got to be f**king sh*tting me! Clocks, Really??? At the same time the mail usually comes. GTFO here~

"O thanks, take care"...

:scared:

DING DONG...

OMG, OMG, OMG....
OMG!!!!!!!!

(Jump up from studying and run to the front door. Turn on the light. Swing open the front door)

"Hey, I'm just here to drop off two clocks that your mother wanted."

---going through my mind~ You have got to be f**king sh*tting me! Clocks, Really??? At the same time the mail usually comes. GTFO here~

"O thanks, take care"...

:scared:

lol. i'm not sure they send it via UPS if you're in the states. could be snail mail

Welp, that wasn't a smart move man. Hopefully your acceptance package doesn't get 'mysteriously' lost in the mail haha.

now for the freak out time; the email they just sent is not an acceptance! just telling us they sent our letters out!

Haha. Ze "notification letter" has veen mailed.

I got the email jst now!! I got excited for nothing!! Just a notification! Better than a rejection thou hahah

got the email too... what a boner kill

Yes, that is quite a tease!!

I wonder if they sent it to everyone, regardless if they are accepted or rejected. Did they even send it to applicants that they're not deciding on now?

Is there anyone who interviewed with NYU who didn't get that email this afternoon?

Question at the OP. How big is the letter? Like just a standard envelope?

Mejia said that everyone will get something sent out on the first, whether it be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.

Question at the OP. How big is the letter? Like just a standard envelope?

Mejia said that everyone will get something sent out on the first, whether it be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.

At interview, they told us if you get a small letter it is bad news, if you get a large envelope (8.5x11)...you should jump up and down and pull out all your best dance moves for the neighbors.

I got the ambiguous email today....now waiting for snail to bring it all the way to Cali.:)

Not sure what the size is (still haven't been home yet to see) but I think it's just a formal letter with an offer of acceptance.

In the email we received today, they said people outside the US will receive more than 3-5 days later ?

Are there any possibilities that they could send out rejections?

From last year's post, it seems large ones are for acceptance and small ones are for waitlist.

So, can we expect whoever got the notification e-mail from NYU will either be accepted or waitlisted?

Are there any possibilities that they could send out rejections?

From last year's post, it seems large ones are for acceptance and small ones are for waitlist.

So, can we expect whoever got the notification e-mail from NYU will either be accepted or waitlisted?

Dr. Meija said they are sending out all decisions: waitlist, rejection, & acceptance.

My envelope was big, but really thin considering it was one of those ExpressMail type things (I'm in Canada). I got so nervous, but then I felt the magnet, which someone had posted about, through the envelope and got really excited.

When you make an acceptance thread it should read...

****Official NYU Acceptance Thread C/O 2014****

Much more exciting and much more noticeable... However, congratulations dentene ice. Go Canucks:clap:

UPS for US as well? That previous post was from someone in NY