***Official NYU Class of 2014 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPS for US as well? That previous post was from someone in NY
No, I mean snail mail for US and UPS for Canada. The previous poster lives in Manhattan so she will receive her mail first. They mailed the letters yesterday, so she could receive it today via regular mail. But I guess we'll wait for her response...

Members don't see this ad.

yea, she's probably getting ready to head out for a good time:D

My envelope was big, but really thin considering it was one of those ExpressMail type things (I'm in Canada). I got so nervous, but then I felt the magnet, which someone had posted about, through the envelope and got really excited.

Was it postmarked Nov.30 or Dec 1st? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
postmarked Nov.30! I have a few finals, but I don't want to study anymore!
And yes! I live in few blocks away from nyu dental, so it was my first choice. I got accepted UF and buffalo, too!
I have one more interview at stonybrook, but I don't know there is any sleek chance to get in, though. And, I'd prefer to go NYU. Their facilities are awesome compared to others where I visited..

hahah
i tried editing the thread name
my bad
i realized it after i made it

Just got the Letter!!! I live in brooklyn, came via snail mail in a large white envelope. Very stoked

Congrats! Did you guys have to sign for it or was it in with the rest of the mail?

Does NYU mail to your parents' (permanent) address or to your current address?

So...if Canadian applicants (including myself) have not received anything yet, looks like it is either rejection or waitlist..? so sad..

regular mail!! NYU! Little sticker inside.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in WA... this anticipation might even last until next week BOO!

So...if Canadian applicants (including myself) have not received anything yet, looks like it is either rejection or waitlist..? so sad..

looks that way...dang. waitlist moves very well though so i wouldn't lose hope

GOT IT!!!!! so I guess only 234 spots left for NYU...
good luck guys

Seems NYC ppl started to get it today, via regular US mail. Grats.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance in the mail today! I live in nyc. It's a large white envelope with about 4 documents inside, not a thick envelope. They also gave me a refrigerator magnet... :) good luck to you all!

I live about a half hour outside NYC and didn't receive anything today. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. The wait is killing me! Anyone get waitlisted yet?

got it today!!!!! OMG!!!

live in the BX

Got mine today. Mostly likely not going .. congratz and good luck every1!

got mine too.. considering between another school...

lazybummy, where you most likely going to go? UM?

got mine too.. considering between another school...

lazybummy, where you most likely going to go? UM?

Ya 90% on University of Maryland.. more than 1/2 the tuition price.. amazing facilities, smaller class size. Lived thru the whole NYC and NYU thing for 4 years.. it's time for another phase in life :).

Don't want to kill the optimistic mood, but has anyone received a rejection from NYU?

Two days is long?

Did you all receive a merit scholarship?

NYU acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooooooooooooo

when do you think people in illinois (chicago) might get the package?

I would think anyone in the US will have it at the latest by saturday. Prob today or tomorrow.

I would think anyone in the US will have it at the latest by saturday. Prob today or tomorrow.

It better be before Saturday I want to know before the weekend! :) ....It's a win win situation for me now, the way I see it. It's either a very easy decision because I only got into one place so far and probably can't even go to my Columbia interview, OR, I get into both and that's awesome too. So I would love to know by today/tomorrow.

Yea, probably today for most considering someone who got their package earlier said it was post-marked on the 30th. I am anxiously awaiting the mailman, finding stuff to do to pass the time...

Yea, probably today for most considering someone who got their package earlier said it was post-marked on the 30th. I am anxiously awaiting the mailman, finding stuff to do to pass the time...

Haha, I happen to have an ortho appointment today in the city at 2:00, so the mail will be patiently awaiting my arrival when I get home.

Just got the letter one minute ago i'm in! I'm from central jersey if that helps anyone. Out to celebrate :oops:)

goodluck all!!

i'm expecting the letter today and putting a sign on my mailbox telling the postman to ring the bell when the mail comes hahah

Just got in!

I live in Upstate NY. BTW, the envelope isn't that thick.

Welp, the NYU acceptance packets have invaded Connecticut!

God, the first one is
so relieving!

Good fortune to all :luck:!

Recieved the packet today! I'm in Pittsburgh, PA for those wondering.

In.

Thank you SDN.

PHISH at MSG tonight. Awesome.

Congrats to all of you.

Just got the "packet"! (thin white envelope).

anyone wanna give me 400 thousand dollars so i can pay for it?

got mine today (western ny), but i dunno how likely it is i will attend.

NYU requires me to maintain 3.5 gpa by Aug, 2010. Do you think they will kick some out due to the gpa requirement?