USC Acceptance Thread (Class of 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nze82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an acceptance email from USC.

Who else is in?!

Members don't see this ad.

Im also in!!
wowwwww

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats you guys! Im still waiting to hear back...

Congrats to the people who got in! Did you statuses change on your USC status website?

just got an email!! im in!!!!!!

Did they send the emails out the exact same time?
What times were your emails sent btw?

Congrats! USC has made many changes this year and is moving in the right direction. The new Dean is motivated and understands the students. Here is the last news we recieved about our clinic today:

I am pleased to announce that contracts have been completed for the 2nd floor clinic renovation. All dental chairs, delivery units, lights, doctor stools and assistant stools will be replaced.

After an extensive process of evaluating dental equipment manufacturers and an open bidding process conducted by the university, A-dec has been selected to provide the dental equipment. A-dec has a long history of manufacturing, supporting and servicing dental equipment, especially in an institutional setting such as ours. We are confident that they bring the quality, and functionality that will enhance the educational experience of our students while providing many years of service with state of the art dental equipment and instrumentation.

Infrastructure work has already begun to support the new equipment. The central vacuum system and compressed air system are being replaced and upgraded. This work began during the Thanksgiving Holiday break and will be completed during the Holiday Break.

A-dec will be installing all of the equipment in the clinic during the April 2010 break. It is more cost effective to do the entire project at one time rather than incrementally. We will work with A-dec to ensure that the installation does not interfere with the April WREB Examination and to also ensure that the entire clinic is not shut down so that the senior students do not loose valuable clinic time to provide patient care and ensure on-time graduation.

This is step one in the clinic renovation. As funding is provided, additional renovation will take place, so that all aspects of the clinic; cubicle partitions, cabinetry, flooring, ceiling, waiting room, wet labs and restrooms will be remodeled.

I would like to thank Dean Avishai Sadan for his support and guidance and, Dr. Michael Mulvehil, Tom Nizetich and Calen Ouellette for their invaluable assistance and for the many hours they have devoted to making this project a reality.

This is an exciting project that has been in the planning stages for a long time. The replacement of all 2nd floor dental equipment with state of the art equipment, along with our outstanding world class faculty, will continue to ensure that the USC School of Dentistry provides our students the very best clinical education of any dental school in the world.

Sigmund H. Abelson, D.D.S.
Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
USC School of Dentistry

sigh....i havent received any e-mail and it still says alternate on my status......

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that we have the email, there's another question to ask!! For those of you who got multiple offers, do you think it's worth attending USC, specially considering the price tag?!

i am pretty set on attending USC but I am also in the process of finishing my application process with Air Force HSPS (which will pay for full tuition) which make my decision little bit easier as long as I can get it.

wow i still can't believe i got into USC. it was honestly a school which i thought i had the least chance with (b/c of it's different interview process). I don't think i talked that much during PBL session but i guess you didnt have to dominate the group in order to get in :D

Count me in! I also get accepted by USC. Woohoo! I am so surprised because I thought that my stats were too low to get me into any dental school. Anyways, I am happy! And congrat to all others. :D

I am in too!!!! The price tag isn't easy to overlook though. I am still excited about the offer though!

USC emailed me at 9:30am. And my status on the USC website was changed to "Offer Made."

A bit disapointing, maybe i shoulda just shutup during the PBL section...i interviewed in September, was thinking I would have gotten an acceptance but I guess not...

anyone know if they already gave all the acceptances for first batch or if they'll be sending more out ths week??

What a bummer not hearing back today. Does anyone know how many they send out on the first day?

Do you guys know when the renovations will be done?

I wanna know too...

They have emailed offers of acceptance to %25 of the entering class. I would guess 36-40 people got the good news today. They won't send out any more admission until some time after New Year. Good luck to all of us waiting. :)

i got in too!!!! yay!!! :D (interviewed in Nov)

Now that we have the email, there's another question to ask!! For those of you who got multiple offers, do you think it's worth attending USC, specially considering the price tag?!

This is a situation I'm in. USC, Loma Linda, or Midwestern... I guess it's a good problem to have :)

AADSAS reads:

University of Southern California (USC) CA 12/01/2009 Offer Made

Already recinded from most of my other schools.

Congrats! USC has made many changes this year and is moving in the right direction. The new Dean is motivated and understands the students. Here is the last news we recieved about our clinic today:

I am pleased to announce that contracts have been completed for the 2nd floor clinic renovation. All dental chairs, delivery units, lights, doctor stools and assistant stools will be replaced.

After an extensive process of evaluating dental equipment manufacturers and an open bidding process conducted by the university, A-dec has been selected to provide the dental equipment. A-dec has a long history of manufacturing, supporting and servicing dental equipment, especially in an institutional setting such as ours. We are confident that they bring the quality, and functionality that will enhance the educational experience of our students while providing many years of service with state of the art dental equipment and instrumentation.

Infrastructure work has already begun to support the new equipment. The central vacuum system and compressed air system are being replaced and upgraded. This work began during the Thanksgiving Holiday break and will be completed during the Holiday Break.

A-dec will be installing all of the equipment in the clinic during the April 2010 break. It is more cost effective to do the entire project at one time rather than incrementally. We will work with A-dec to ensure that the installation does not interfere with the April WREB Examination and to also ensure that the entire clinic is not shut down so that the senior students do not loose valuable clinic time to provide patient care and ensure on-time graduation.

This is step one in the clinic renovation. As funding is provided, additional renovation will take place, so that all aspects of the clinic; cubicle partitions, cabinetry, flooring, ceiling, waiting room, wet labs and restrooms will be remodeled.

I would like to thank Dean Avishai Sadan for his support and guidance and, Dr. Michael Mulvehil, Tom Nizetich and Calen Ouellette for their invaluable assistance and for the many hours they have devoted to making this project a reality.

This is an exciting project that has been in the planning stages for a long time. The replacement of all 2nd floor dental equipment with state of the art equipment, along with our outstanding world class faculty, will continue to ensure that the USC School of Dentistry provides our students the very best clinical education of any dental school in the world.

USC School of Dentistry

awesome! =D

Anybody else thinking about attending USC? :D

USC School of Dentistry

SDN'ers consider yourselves lucky for hearing this news... because the bottom of this email read:

"This e-mail message is confidential, intended for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose or disseminate this message to anyone except the intended recipient."

It is great stuff, and has all of us here excited :thumbup:

I'm in as well!!
I was also accepted at Western, but am favoring USC at the moment, despite meeting some of the nicest faculty ever at Western.

There will be one more spot at usc guys.... I just got nyu... So im gonna withdraw my usc acceptance...

Good luck to all of you, usc is an amazing school with a great campus!!!

I'm in as well!!
I was also accepted at Western, but am favoring USC at the moment, despite meeting some of the nicest faculty ever at Western.

yeah i got western and usc on dec. 1 but i'd like to attend school with alumni and history.

also coming from UTexas, i prefer nice campus and good football program :D

How helpful do you guys and gals think conversational Spanish will be in our clinical experience?
I've taken some Spanish in college and am thinking of taking a refresher course this spring.

How helpful do you guys and gals think conversational Spanish will be in our clinical experience?
I've taken some Spanish in college and am thinking of taking a refresher course this spring.

i think Spanish will be very helpful, not just for clinical experience, but for your entire dentistry career (at least in Texas it is, and I believe Cali has lots of Spanish speaking population also). I would definitely try to take some if time and money is not an issue here.

btw, anyone else sent in deposit yet? (mine was sent out today)

Living in Cali, I've pretty much come to realize that knowing Spanish is sometimes more useful than knowing English. So, I think knowing Spanish (or any second language for that matter) will tremendously improve our clinical experience.
In fact, Spanish is part of UNLV's curriculum!

I currently go to USC dental school and I HATE THIS SCHOOL!! I'm paying $500 a day to sit around and not learn anything... Do yourself a favor and avoid this school at ALL costs.

I constantly have to fight for more patients and room to operate, the factulty doesn't even respect me, treats me as an unimportant person and gets mad at me for absolutely no reason.

If you get into ANYWHERE ELSE, go there....

USC School of Dentistry - class of 2012

Last edited:
I currently go to USC dental school and I HATE THIS SCHOOL!! I'm paying $500 a day to sit around and not learn anything... Do yourself a favor and avoid this school at ALL costs. My friend got stabbed and mugged the other day while bike riding around the school, its not a friendly place.

We just got a donation and the name of our school changed. They plan on pocketing the money and raising tuition even more. The 35 mil donation doesn't even cover 144 students tuition, in fact its 7 mil short, I really regret accepting my contract to attend usc because now I'm stuck here.

I constantly have to fight for more patients and room to operate, the factulty doesn't even respect me, treats me as an unimportant person and gets mad at me for absolutely no reason.

really now?

haha i say this guy's a troll.

first of all, he posted 3 times so far on SDN forum. 2 of them were this same post which he double posted on this one and the other thread, and 3rd post was just reply 'no prob.'

his USC Class of 2012 isn't even in his signature which means he has to type them out in his posts everytime but why would you wanna do that when you hate the school so much?

Be careful guys, there were many similar threads in previous years at SDN where people in waitlist would post such threads to deter other students from attending.

I am not saying USC is a perfect school but you should do your own research to find out whether it is right for you or not. There are many other members on this SDN forum who attend USC that has been around for awhile, and you should ask those guys instead of believing someone who just created the screen name just to post same message in different threads.

Either way, I am happy and cannot wait to start school!! :D

I currently go to USC dental school and I HATE THIS SCHOOL!! I'm paying $500 a day to sit around and not learn anything... Do yourself a favor and avoid this school at ALL costs. My friend got stabbed and mugged the other day while bike riding around the school, its not a friendly place.

We just got a donation and the name of our school changed. They plan on pocketing the money and raising tuition even more. The 35 mil donation doesn't even cover 144 students tuition, in fact its 7 mil short, I really regret accepting my contract to attend usc because now I'm stuck here.

One thing is for sure, no one was stabbed riding their bike a few days ago. Every student at USC gets a DPS report when an incident happens. None of us have been made aware of this situation. I'm sure every news agency would be all over this story if someone was actually stabbed while riding their bike.

Personally, I don't think this person goes to USC. But there is only one way to find out. Who is the director of your fixed prosthodontics course?

One thing is for sure, no one was stabbed riding their bike a few days ago. Every student at USC gets a DPS report when an incident happens. None of us have been made aware of this situation. I'm sure every news agency would be all over this story if someone was actually stabbed while riding their bike.

Personally, I don't think this person goes to USC. But there is only one way to find out. Who is the director of your fixed prosthodontics course?

Ok so maybe someone didn't get stabbed but going to this guy Vo's class is like getting stabbed...