Psychology Apps for Iphone/Itouch?

Started by Blue86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blue86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

Since this seems to be a popular topic this week on SDN, I thought I should ask whether you guys recommend/use any psychology apps. I have an Itouch and so far I have very few psych apps.. but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places. I really like the 3D brain one, which is free I think; it was very useful for my neuroscience classes. I also had the psych terms/facts but I haven't used those too much. I also got the study sets psychology app a while ago while I was reviewing for the psych GRE; it was ok I guess, for a very quick review of terms and names (especially those, since I'm not really good at remembering names). So, what kind of apps do you use? 🙂
 
I noticed this absence of useful apps, so decided to create one myself. Given I am a psychiatrist not a psychologist, but I thought it would be useful to have an app that could be a great reference for everyone in mental health. It's still more bare-bones than I'd like, but with each update I'm aiming to add things useful for providers.

It's called "Psych Dx" and it's in the app store/itunes.

I've already heard from a lot of psychiatrists about what features they'd like to see added, but I'd also appreciate feedback from psychologists and psychology students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a Psych Drugs app. It's useful when I have a client taking a med I haven't heard of, but it gives very limited info on the drug (generic name, brand name, class, indications, dosage forms, maximum daily dosage, and half life).
 
Theres a DSM-IV TR app which is really nice if you need a quick reference to a particular disorder, or are like my and forget codes.
 
My favorites are Papers, Dropbox, PDF Expert, Dragon Dictate, Brain Tutor 3D, 3D Brain, PCalc Lite, PAR Assessment Toolkit, Epocrates, Eponym, Eyechart Pro, and Wikipanion.
 
Linehan's crew released a DBT skills coaching app and they have a publication that just came out discussing preliminary data, but I have not read that yet, so I can't say for sure what I think about it.

Promising idea though.