What is my chance to any decent post-bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

openlomi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cum overall GPA 3.05
BCPM GPA 2.79
MCAT 23P

EC:
Church leaderships 3+ yrs
Hospital volunteer 2yrs
research experience 1 quarter

I'm a CA resident, but I'm looking for any program in the East coast.

I hope I can get into any decent post-bac program and give my last chance there...
Would you guys be kind enough to suggest good post bacs also?

Thanks guys for your valuable comments!!!

Members don't see this ad.

no reply means no school for me???

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha~ yes... totally forgot about that one...:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Did you do the pre-reqs or no? I assume by you taking the MCAT that you have already done them but it never hurts to ask.

You need to retake the MCAT or take the GREs cos no decent SMP is going to take you with a 23 MCAT. You are trying to convince someone that you can make it in med school and you have neither the GPA or the MCAT demonstrating it. You need to have one of the two. A lot of ppl are 3.5 GPA w/a 26 MCAT so they have a competitive GPA but not a comp. MCAT OR they are a 3.2 with a 34 MCAT. Do you see what I'm getting at? You need to retake the MCAT/GRE so that you can convince an SMP that you have the ability to succeed

Assuming you did, you can only realistically apply to one post-bacc I know of Upenn SSP. You'd be a long shot for the SSP given your MCAT. The website says you need a 3.0 cGPA which you have but your MCAT isn't doing you any favours.

Other East Coast SMPs - BU MAMS (prob not competitive for), UMDNJ (might work), Georgetown (not comp for). Others can chime on other schools.

Bottom-line IMO: You need to retake the MCAT

Hey THanks so much Robflanker!
Any advice that shows me direction, I'll take it as golden:thumbup:

Thanks so much!

Hey, I'm currently in the postbac program at LECOM Erie and would recommend it. Your stats will get you in if you apply within the next few months and the program has a linkage agreement. If you maintain a 3.0 in the program and have a 22 on the MCAT you are automatically granted admission to the next DO class. And remember...LECOM also has the PCSP, so on the off chance you're into primary care you could complete the postbac and the med school, in only 4 years total. The program is tough, but definitely doable.

Email Tom Ross about the program or simply google it. Just FYI, they're dreadfully slow on admissions...but your stats are fine and if you apply now you're gonna get in.

LECOM is the biggest medical school in America...AND 30% of graduating physicians in the US today are DO's. So...please don't listen to the trolls who preach against osteopathic medicine. LECOM is a great option, as is it's postbac.

Good luck,

OlyWA

Hey, I'm currently in the postbac program at LECOM Erie and would recommend it. Your stats will get you in if you apply within the next few months and the program has a linkage agreement. If you maintain a 3.0 in the program and have a 22 on the MCAT you are automatically granted admission to the next DO class. And remember...LECOM also has the PCSP, so on the off chance you're into primary care you could complete the postbac and the med school, in only 4 years total. The program is tough, but definitely doable.

Email Tom Ross about the program or simply google it. Just FYI, they're dreadfully slow on admissions...but your stats are fine and if you apply now you're gonna get in.

LECOM is the biggest medical school in America...AND 30% of graduating physicians in the US today are DO's. So...please don't listen to the trolls who preach against osteopathic medicine. LECOM is a great option, as is it's postbac.

Good luck,

OlyWA

Hey~ what an awesome and cheering information!
You boosted my self esteem a little bit today. :laugh:
THANKS! I'll definitely take a look at it.