Chances of acceptance from waitlist at Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohdearhopeipass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering how many people usually get accepted off the waitlist? Also, if you were accepted at columbia and decide not to attend please let them know asap! :( its not a happy place to be, this alternate universe. er list i mean

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I was waitlisted at Columbia- when I emailed them in May, I was told there had "been no movement." I'm sure it varies from year to year though- good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry about it. there are plenty of people in my class who got in through the waitlist.

keep in touch with the dean and send him any updates.

hi there, just to clairify what kinds of updates should i be sending? i feel very isolated from the admin staff. I emailed to check on the status of the waitlist and to let them know that i am still interested and Dr. Macmanus just fwd it to Diana lugo/Suzanne and sent a curt email saying they recieved my letter in the mail asking to proceed with putting me down for the alternate list. what approaches are you guys taking to be seriously considered for admission here? are you email Dr.Macmanus with personal updates etc? sorry if i sound neurotic, i just am dying to go to columbia!

I'm in the same situation with columbia. I got waitlisted on my birthday (omgwtf) and I've been patiently waiting to hear back from them. The thing is, I think they keep the chances of getting off the waitlist a secret. The letter I got said I would basically have to wait to see if someone dropped on in July, but when I called Dr. McManus, he said I "could get in anytime after Jan 15th." Maybe that was just a sneaky way of saying your chances are pretty low. I dunno. I'm gonna love life in the mean time.

if it makes anyone feel better, im giving up my spot and they will probably send out another acceptance next week as a result.