If some dental school's don't have a ranking of waitlist students, how do they choose the students to be accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwawayacc2

Reaction score
Sorry if this gets asked a lot but-
If a school that doesn't rank their students has a large selection of students left to fill their seats, how exactly do they know which to pick and in what order?

Additionally, would it be considered acceptable if I email a school asking how many seats they have left?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually it’s what the class needs. To make a well rounded class they fill it with various individuals. So it just depends on if your app fills the seat they’re looking for.

not totally sure about the second question. I don’t think it could hurt but at the same time what point does it serve?

Usually it’s what the class needs. To make a well rounded class they fill it with various individuals. So it just depends on if your app fills the seat they’re looking for.

not totally sure about the second question. I don’t think it could hurt but at the same time what point does it serve?
oh, that's an interesting concept.
The second question is meant out of curiosity

Sorry if this gets asked a lot but-
If a school that doesn't rank their students has a large selection of students left to fill their seats, how exactly do they know which to pick and in what order?

Additionally, would it be considered acceptable if I email a school asking how many seats they have left?
i made a post about this yesterday and @mr.smiles12 added a link to an excellent article he wrote...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Please read

Please don't ask how many seats are left. As soon as we answer, we wind up changing that number.