Where's the search bar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahowardmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, I can't find the search bar today. This is how I find the thread's I have commented on. What gives? A problem with my computer or with the forum?

Thanks,

AHOWARDMD

Members don't see this ad.

The search has been disabled for a little while -- we're having issues with some servers when searches are run.

Sorry.

Oh great... now newbies actually do have an excuse! lol... :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is the search function disabled? It was very useful.

Will the search function be restored soon? It was very useful.

I'm a little confused, I can't find the search bar today. This is how I find the thread's I have commented on. What gives? A problem with my computer or with the forum?

Thanks,

AHOWARDMD

God. Use the search function.

Heh, I thought I was losing my mind and just couldn't find it on the page or that maybe my page wasn't loading right....it is very frustrating to not have it now.

is this an appropriate thread to ask about MD vs DO?

haha, I noticed this too! I was like :eek:, but now I'm like :laugh:

Edit: oooh, but I just tried to google search. no likey : (
On the bight side, not having the search function is like methadone for my SDN addiction...
You can still take heroine, but it's not quite the same...

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, I noticed this too! I was like :eek:, but now I'm like :laugh:

Edit: oooh, but I just tried to google search. no likey : (
On the bight side, not having the search function is like methadone for my SDN addiction...
You can still take heroine, but it's not quite the same...

ProTip: The google site: option.

Example: "No Volunteering MCAT 45T site:studentdoctor.net"

It's usually better than any forum's built-in search function, and certainly gives you more flexibility along with a consistent search format.

The search function was not the best. You had to be specific or else you can't find what you are looking for. Also maybe the mods won't rack up their post count by repeatingly telling anxious premeds to use the search function when they could have discovered SDN late in their academic career and don't have time to sit in front of a computer all day just to find one question.

The search function was not the best. You had to be specific or else you can't find what you are looking for. Also maybe the mods won't rack up their post count by repeatingly telling anxious premeds to use the search function when they could have discovered SDN late in their academic career and don't have time to sit in front of a computer all day just to find one question.

I think you should go try the aforementioned Google search feature and/or button and look for answers to your implied question....

Just because someone discovered SDN late doesn't mean they're too good for the search button. :smuggrin:

You definitely want to have 2 LORs from science faculty who have taught you and 1 from a non-science professor to be safe. Also, get one from your research PI if applicable.

That's on the verge of being a solid MCAT score, but it's unbalanced and your verbal may get you screened at some places. You may want to consider retaking, FWIW.

Your stats are slightly below average, so apart from doing an SMP or retaking the MCAT, my advice would be to apply as early as possible and really apply broadly, but effectively.

Make sure you cover 1. Why MD 2. How you've tested it 3. What skills/activities will contribute to making you a successful physician. Then proofread a gazillion times to make sure there are absolutely no errors.

It's very unlikely the school will withdraw its offer of acceptance. You had a minor traffic violation, you didn't know it was a misdemeanor, you are now going to notify said school. You'll be fiiinnne.

...figured I'd try the spray and pray method. :rolleyes:

You definitely want to have 2 LORs from science faculty who have taught you and 1 from a non-science professor to be safe. Also, get one from your research PI if applicable.

That's on the verge of being a solid MCAT score, but it's unbalanced and your verbal may get you screened at some places. You may want to consider retaking, FWIW.

Your stats are slightly below average, so apart from doing an SMP or retaking the MCAT, my advice would be to apply as early as possible and really apply broadly, but effectively.

Make sure you cover 1. Why MD 2. How you've tested it 3. What skills/activities will contribute to making you a successful physician. Then proofread a gazillion times to make sure there are absolutely no errors.

It's very unlikely the school will withdraw its offer of acceptance. You had a minor traffic violation, you didn't know it was a misdemeanor, you are now going to notify said school. You'll be fiiinnne.

I might have to make this my signature...

And from now on simply reply to posts w/ "See signature. If it's not answered there, the answer doesn't exist!"

Last edited:

hahah, love it.

Google. Does a body good.

I think you should go try the aforementioned Google search feature and/or button and look for answers to your implied question....

OK, I do not know where you see that I asked a question when I had clearly didn't. I was just stating what I most frequently see here. But I will just let you be in denial:rolleyes:

And if the OP was a smart cookie, he or she would have read the pretty blue box with the title "Notices" and look at the blood read subtitle "Searches"

The search has been disabled for a little while -- we're having issues with some servers when searches are run.

Sorry.

Ah, thanks for the explanation, I just figured I was losing my mind!

And if the OP was a smart cookie, he or she would have read the pretty blue box with the title "Notices" and look at the blood read subtitle "Searches"

Well, I do fancy myself a smart cookie...I've just never paid much attention to that box. If I wanted to read about Haiti or look at SDN articles, I would turn on the news or click on the articles when they're on the main page. The frequency of me doing those things: seldom.

I've never used the google search bar at the top, what a novel idea!

Edit: just tried the google search bar, it's just not as convienent as the advanced search box...I like seeing what threads I've been to and if they've been updated since my last visit. Translation: I'm taking a vacay from SDN :)

Last edited: