LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeclass2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created this forum for anyone got on the alternate/wait list in LECOM-Bradenton this year. If you guys post your status on here then we might be able to track how many students are on the alternate/wait list in LECOM-BRADENTON for the school year Fall 2010. The admission won't tell us then we might track on our own.

If you guys get an acceptance after on the alternate list, could you also post and let us know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I created this forum for anyone got on the alternate/wait list in LECOM-Bradenton this year. If you guys post your status on here then we might be able to track how many students are on the alternate/wait list in LECOM-BRADENTON for the school year Fall 2010. The admission won't tell us then we might track on our own.

If you guys get an acceptance after on the alternate list, could you also post and let us know. Thanks.
Me--Alternate list

I think they're waiting to see my spring semester grade (I am still finishing 1 more pre-req class) but this is just my speculation.

On the list since October. Retaking MCAT on March 27th....hoping that will do the trick! If all the stars align.... there might be a chance :)

Members don't see this ad :)
on alternate list since jan, hopefully something good happens :)

I have been on the alternate list March 8. I am hoping something positive happens, because i really don't want to have to go threw the app process again.

I interviewed during the last week of October 2009 & have been on the alternate list since the first week of November 2009.

Last edited:
I interviewed 3/2 and was put on the alternate list. This is my #1 choice med school. :xf: I commend all of those who have been waiting longer...it's no fun, but hopefully well worth it!

also interviewed on 3/2 and got put on alternate. sent in my LOI and working on sending in more LOR and anything that could help. my number one choice in school. the pbl did it for me

Hey guys, I most likely will be withdrawing from my acceptance at LECOM-B. I got into my first-choice school. Good luck with the admissions process !

I most likely will be doing the same...Good luck to all of you!

I found out today I got wait-listed anyway I was wondering if you could email your LOI or is sending it snail mail look more professional?

I found out today I got wait-listed anyway I was wondering if you could email your LOI or is sending it snail mail look more professional?

I think you should mail them not email them. Because when you mail them, you look more professional. When did you interview? During your interview, did they say how many seats left or % got on the alternate list?

I think you should mail them not email them. Because when you mail them, you look more professional. When did you interview? During your interview, did they say how many seats left or % got on the alternate list?

I interviewed March 12th. Anyway I sent extra LORs to them as well. But no they did not say how many seats were left or percent that got on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys

I also have a alternate list status. I was wondering if you knew the difference between being on the "alternate list" or the "wait list"... Is it all the same thing? Or is one better than the other?

hey guys

I also have a alternate list status. I was wondering if you knew the difference between being on the "alternate list" or the "wait list"... Is it all the same thing? Or is one better than the other?

It's all the same...

Alternate List here as well.

Interviewed on 12/11

I interviewed in early November and was placed on the alternate list a few days after-wards. I sent in my LOI back in December and a update letter in January. Does anyone think I should send in a more recent LOI? The wait is torture!

I interviewed in early November and was placed on the alternate list a few days after-wards. I sent in my LOI back in December and a update letter in January. Does anyone think I should send in a more recent LOI? The wait is torture!

I sent more LOI (actually replaced the one that I wrote because I know the previous letters didn't get any of their attentions, that's why I wait this long). I am not sure what else can we do. Do you have any updates in your grades or MCAT? I totally agree with you that the wait is torture. I am not sure why they kept interview students since they have so many on the wait list and not accept those. I only wish they make up their mind quickly. My deadline to sent a $2000 deposit to PCOM-GA is approaching and LECOM is my first choice. I don't want LECOM to call me after I sent in PCOM-GA deposit. I am just not sure what to do.

I sent more LOI (actually replaced the one that I wrote because I know the previous letters didn't get any of their attentions, that's why I wait this long). I am not sure what else can we do. Do you have any updates in your grades or MCAT? I totally agree with you that the wait is torture. I am not sure why they kept interview students since they have so many on the wait list and not accept those. I only wish they make up their mind quickly. My deadline to sent a $2000 deposit to PCOM-GA is approaching and LECOM is my first choice. I don't want LECOM to call me after I sent in PCOM-GA deposit. I am just not sure what to do.

It depends on what your priorities are! Is it more important for you to attend school this year, or wait to be POSSIBLY taken off the wait list?

In my personally situation my priority is to attend school this year. LECOM is my first choice as well, but I will not pass up another offer for the possibility of being taken off the waitlist. Because in the worst case scenario you will have to reapply.

Also if you do decide to attend PCOM-GA, and don't want to be called with an offer from LECOM, you can always take yourself off the waitlist.

Thanks for the advice. I just sent in another LOR from another osteopathic physician. I don't have any updates on grades, since I graduated last year. It's April already so let's hope for some waitlist movement in the near future! :xf:

Interviewed on 3/12 and placed on alternate list. Let hope I get in.

interviewed on 3/30, placed on alternate list. praying

It seems like the wait list is moving......onto the next page. It just seems like more people are being added to the list everyday. Anyone have any idea when the last interview day is?

I am under the impression wait lists start moving, in the positive direction, around the end of April into May.

It depends on what your priorities are! Is it more important for you to attend school this year, or wait to be POSSIBLY taken off the wait list?

In my personally situation my priority is to attend school this year. LECOM is my first choice as well, but I will not pass up another offer for the possibility of being taken off the waitlist. Because in the worst case scenario you will have to reapply.

Also if you do decide to attend PCOM-GA, and don't want to be called with an offer from LECOM, you can always take yourself off the waitlist.

Thanks for the advice, so I just sent in my $2000 deposit for PCOM-GA but I am still hoping LECOM-B will call me. I guess we have to wait and let see how things go.

This. I too would love to attend LECOM-B, already sent in a LOI 3 months ago but no word.:( Much as I would love to go to LECOM-B, I cannot pass up a definite offer from another school (NSU).

This. I too would love to attend LECOM-B, already sent in a LOI 3 months ago but no word.:( Much as I would love to go to LECOM-B, I cannot pass up a definite offer from another school (NSU).

Thanks for the advice, so I just sent in my $2000 deposit for PCOM-GA but I am still hoping LECOM-B will call me. I guess we have to wait and let see how things go.

CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES! I think you both made the right decisions, and are now on the road to accomplishing your goal!

I wish you all the best!

Hookin

I called today and was told that tomorrow 4/13/2010 is the last day of scheduled interviews! The lady then went on to tell me that they may be adding additional interview days if necessary.

IMO it is not necessary to open up any more interview dates because the alternate list is full of qualified applicants lol!!

I called today and was told that tomorrow 4/13/2010 is the last day of scheduled interviews! The lady then went on to tell me that they may be adding additional interview days if necessary.

IMO it is not necessary to open up any more interview dates because the alternate list is full of qualified applicants lol!!

I also think it's ridiculous to interview anymore applicants since their "alternate students" are waiting to get an acceptance from them. I am wondering if LECOM-B had any kind of deals with the mayor when they built the school in Bradenton. The more students LECOM interview from afar (I.E. out of state), the more students stay at the local hotels, so more business for the county? (doing so LECOM will get tax cuts?:eek:)

I also think it's ridiculous to interview anymore applicants since their "alternate students" are waiting to get an acceptance from them. I am wondering if LECOM-B had any kind of deals with the mayor when they built the school in Bradenton. The more students LECOM interview from afar (I.E. out of state), the more students stay at the local hotels, so more business for the county? (doing so LECOM will get tax cuts?:eek:)

LMAO! +1 for alternate list. Interviewed back in November (11/13 if it matters), and waitlisted soon thereafter.

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist now that interviews are over?

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist now that interviews are over?

No one really knows but one thing for sure that have lots of students on the list. Did you read the thread post by rmcpremed on 3/27 that they stop offering seats?

I read the post from HeelHookin on 4-12 that said they stopped interviewing.

I am not sure how many people are on the wait list, or if that information is available. But I have a feeling it is a long list, with a lot of names.

Sorry guys, I've been off this thread for a while.

No need for conspiracy theories, though. For my class, they got around 3000 primary applications for the 162 seats here, and to fill the class they interviewed all the way through April. I'm guessing they figured they'd have to do about the same thing this year, but after the 100% pass rate thing spread around, it seems a higher proportion of acceptances committed to coming here. They could have done a better job of keeping you guys informed and a better job of adapting to a new situation... but I don't know what their jobs are like, so it's hard to judge.

This is the gulf coast of Florida. However many of you guys they invited down to interview, you're nothing compared to the combination of snowbirds and spring break-ers who come down here every year. I doubt the county even realizes you're here!

To those of you who are sitting on the waitlist, I'm sorry. I've been there, and I know it sucks. May 15th is the magic date when allopathic students have to commit to a school, so if there's movement in the list, that will be about when it starts. Good luck!

Just to add to what Altruist said, they usually take about 100 students on the wait list. They took 60 something from the list for c/o 2011, but it has been going down from there. Each class is supposed to be 160, but ours started out at 168, so they do offer a little more than we can handle knowing that there will be losses. They have to interview to their set date every year, and they are very fair about giving everyone an equal chance (I was accepted from a feb interview and a friend was accepted from the last interview of the year). Usually, if you make the ranked list, it is very likely you will get an offer. In the past, if you are ranked and do not get offered a seat, they have offered a seat for the next year's class so you do not have to go through the whole application process again. I am not sure if they are still doing this with the number if apps that we have been getting though.

This year, one of the admissions ladies - the good one actually, has been out on medical leave for a long time, so if they are not keeping in touch as well is it because she was fantastic at her job and now they're short staffed. I know that this wait is torture, but hang in there! It may seem like there isn't time for everything that you need when you get notified in late May, June or even July on occasion, but the school is flexible with timing for some of the requirements (there is a long list of drug tests, physical, ppd, background check, etc that they need for you to matriculate).

So, good luck to everyone waiting! If you haven't sent in a letter of intention or spring grades, send them! Keep them updated on your activities and make sure that they know that you want to go there.

I just gave up my spot at LECOM-B Friday. I loved the school, but ended up choosing KCUMB, so that's one extra spot for you guys. Good luck!

I just gave up my spot at LECOM-B Friday. I loved the school, but ended up choosing KCUMB, so that's one extra spot for you guys. Good luck!

I don't know you but I like you. I was accepted today.

To all of you who are waiting, I officially turned down my acceptance this evening! Hopefully one of you will hear something tomorrow! Best of luck to all of you! :luck:

Congrats! It's good to see the waitlist moving! Still waiting...

I was never on the waitlist. Interviewed on 3/30. I only posted on this forum to thank that kid that dropped his acceptance. Thanks for the congrats.

I was never on the waitlist. Interviewed on 3/30. I only posted on this forum to thank that kid that dropped his acceptance. Thanks for the congrats.

So you were accepted previously pending an open seat?

So you were accepted previously pending an open seat?

No one explicitly told me that, but I am guessing that was the case since I got the call after someone dropped. I do know that some of the people who interviewed with me were waitlisted a couple of days after the interview. My portal just said that I was under review post interview until I got the phone call.

I have insides knowledge into the adcom. Actually I don't, but it would be nice!

I stayed in touch with someone i met on the interview, i received my alternate notice approximately 2 weeks after my interview. At that point he had not heard from LECOM. After i notified him of my status, he called LECOM and they informed him that the school planned on offering him a acceptance, just needed a spot to open up. My interview was February 26.

That is how I know.