LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Sophie17! hope you are enjoying your break since you have been accepted already! I am just curious - since you were accepted pretty late, did you have a hard time finding a place??

Thanks for giving us information while we wait and wait and wait.......:scared:

I actually live in St. Petersburg, about 40 minutes north of the school. So, I will be commuting from here. I would imagine finding a place last minute shouldn't be that hard. There should be a fair amount of rental inventory in that area, but I could be wrong? You'll have to ask HeelHookin.... he may know better since he's relocating.

Waiting is terrible, but hopefully you will hear some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Sophie17,

Thanks for replying back! I am glad you don't have to move - I am sure it will save a lot of money on moving expenses! :)

I actually live in St. Petersburg, about 40 minutes north of the school. So, I will be commuting from here. I would imagine finding a place last minute shouldn't be that hard. There should be a fair amount of rental inventory in that area, but I could be wrong? You'll have to ask HeelHookin.... he may know better since he's relocating.

Waiting is terrible, but hopefully you will hear some good news soon!

Hey HeelHookin! I am sure you are busy trying to get everything done before classes start - please let us know who are still waitinggggggg whether it is easy or hard to find an apartment the last minute whenever you get a chance!

again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :)

I got a call from Ron Shively this morning offering me a spot for the Class of 2014! I accepted the offer! I think the key to my acceptance was a recent update letter I wrote, I had 2 abstracts submitted to the American Epilespy Society for current research projects as well as additional shadowing hours.

To clerify:

-I wrote an update letter and sent it 2 weeks ago
-I called last thursday to make sure the letter was received, during the conversation I was told that if i was being considered in the top 20 I would be notified of such ( I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED!)
-Received the phone call today and offered acceptance

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope all you end up somewhere that makes happy! If you need any information form me feel free to PM me.

With love from the guard, A very excited (and now nervous),

HeelHookin

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Sophie17,

Thanks for replying back! I am glad you don't have to move - I am sure it will save a lot of money on moving expenses! :)

HAHA I would be nice not to have to move, but commuting form NY may be problematic.

On the housing front, it is not proving to be to difficult. I think a lot of it depends on what you are looking for ie; how close you want to be to school, your budget, and whether you want to live by yourself or want roommates.

Personally I want to be close to school, and would like to keep cost down by having a roommate. It is not proving to difficult for either of those things. I have been in communication with a few other LECOMers who are still trying to sort the housing thing out.

So if anyone else gets in off the wait list feel free to message me and maybe we can work something out.

oh that's good! thanks for the info! please update us as you move along in this process if you can!

HAHA I would be nice not to have to move, but commuting form NY may be problematic.

On the housing front, it is not proving to be to difficult. I think a lot of it depends on what you are looking for ie; how close you want to be to school, your budget, and whether you want to live by yourself or want roommates.

Personally I want to be close to school, and would like to keep cost down by having a roommate. It is not proving to difficult for either of those things. I have been in communication with a few other LECOMers who are still trying to sort the housing thing out.

So if anyone else gets in off the wait list feel free to message me and maybe we can work something out.

hey guys, congratulations to the few who have gotten that phone call we all been waiting for. Ive had a bunch of recommendation letters from D.Os and updates on my other activities. Im considering sending another letter of intent. Its been frustrating and im sure we all get more tense as the days go by. dont give up hope guys, theres tons and toooonnnnns of students that do post baccs or simply reapply with a stronger mcat.

hey everyone!

does any of you know how many people have actually got the call who are on the ALTERNATE/WAITLIST? I am not talking about people who got the call who are on the ACCEPTED PENDING LIST - I just want to make sure there is no confusion here...

I appreciate any info you have - thank you!

I made the count the other day regarding those posting their status on this forum I created: 21 got on alternate/wait list and so far 2 got in (sophie17 & heelhookins). For those got accepted & not post, I am not sure. It seems small though.

hey everyone!

does any of you know how many people have actually got the call who are on the ALTERNATE/WAITLIST? I am not talking about people who got the call who are on the ACCEPTED PENDING LIST - I just want to make sure there is no confusion here...

I appreciate any info you have - thank you!

Does anyone know if they offer early admissions to the Class of 2015 for people on the waitlist? I saw that a few of the other schools are doing this for applicants in the top portion of the waitlist. I'm getting pretty anxious over here.

Does anyone know if they offer early admissions to the Class of 2015 for people on the waitlist? I saw that a few of the other schools are doing this for applicants in the top portion of the waitlist. I'm getting pretty anxious over here.

I believe that is NOT something LECOM-B does. To be considered for the class of 2015 one must reapply with the class of 2015.

What happened to this thread? Has anyone received any good news lately?

I spoke with the admissions office today because I had some questions (I already am complete for c/o 2015 while still waitlisted for c/o 2014). I asked if they are close to finalizing the class or if there is still movement happening. They said that they are fully expecting movement up until the very first day of class and in fact they accepted 2 people off of the alternate list just yesterday. She sounded very confident that they are definitely going to be accepting for at least a while more. Could be good news for some of us.

Good to know. I am in the same position as you, complete for 2015 and still wait-listed for 2014. So pre-orientation starts on July 22/23 depending on your last name, and orientation starts July 26, but technically can we still be accepted up until August 2 when "real" classes begin?

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone from the admission office told you that they accept students until August 2nd? Because I asked (I asked what is the latest day they accept students from the alternate list) couple days ago, they said that the last day they accept students is July 25th.

Good to know. I am in the same position as you, complete for 2015 and still wait-listed for 2014. So pre-orientation starts on July 22/23 depending on your last name, and orientation starts July 26, but technically can we still be accepted up until August 2 when "real" classes begin?

has anyone been able to get them to tell u where exactly you stand? i feel like annette hates me and im afraid to call her anymore

No, they won't tell. We don't know where we are on the list.

has anyone been able to get them to tell u where exactly you stand? i feel like annette hates me and im afraid to call her anymore

I was assuming it was August 2nd because I thought orientation was a week long and that they would take people during that time, but thank you for the information. I call Annette every so often as well, but she won't tell me anything either about where I stand on the wait list.

Annette is out of the office for the week so no sense in calling tomorrow. I got invited for an interview on Aug 27th for c/o 2015 so we shall see what happens now. Hopefully I'll just get off the waitlist and not have to worry about this madness.

just got the call from ron this morning.... im IN!!! thank the lord. im so excited to start at lecom and that i wont be having to go to the caribbean. im sure more of you will get the call keep your hopes up!

awesome congrats...yeahi feell u about the carribbean.. i got accepted to st george but its a tough decision..if u dont mind me asking what were ur stats? maybe we can get a feel of where we are

did anyone from the admission office told you that they accept students until August 2nd? Because I asked (I asked what is the latest day they accept students from the alternate list) couple days ago, they said that the last day they accept students is July 25th.

Yeah, that "orientation" week includes some anatomy lectures in addition to the usual financial aid info and other stuff, so the cutoff is definitely the 25th. I believe someone left my class within the first few days last year (due to medical issues IIRC) and they didn't pull anyone off the wait list to replace him/her.

I remember what you're all going through. I sat on 3 different waitlists in my first try at getting into medical school, with no luck. Another year of applying wasn't a fantastic experience, but it sure wasn't the end of the world, either; and I think I ended up in the right place for me. Whether or not Bradenton is that place for you guys, I wish you all the best of luck.

congratulations!!:thumbup::) You must feel very excited. I wonder how does it feel to have a call like that?

just got the call from ron this morning.... im IN!!! thank the lord. im so excited to start at lecom and that i wont be having to go to the caribbean. im sure more of you will get the call keep your hopes up!

Thanks for the info. It's very disappointed to know that they don't call students after the first few days. LECOM starts school 3 weeks before PCOM; LECOM should replace that student.

Yeah, that "orientation" week includes some anatomy lectures in addition to the usual financial aid info and other stuff, so the cutoff is definitely the 25th. I believe someone left my class within the first few days last year (due to medical issues IIRC) and they didn't pull anyone off the wait list to replace him/her.

I remember what you're all going through. I sat on 3 different waitlists in my first try at getting into medical school, with no luck. Another year of applying wasn't a fantastic experience, but it sure wasn't the end of the world, either; and I think I ended up in the right place for me. Whether or not Bradenton is that place for you guys, I wish you all the best of luck.

Well, looks like we only have a few more days and no one has gotten a call in just over a week. Seems like they may be finalizing. =(