LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LECOM-B system?

Members don't see this ad.

I have insides knowledge into the adcom. Actually I don't, but it would be nice!

I stayed in touch with someone i met on the interview, i received my alternate notice approximately 2 weeks after my interview. At that point he had not heard from LECOM. After i notified him of my status, he called LECOM and they informed him that the school planned on offering him a acceptance, just needed a spot to open up. My interview was February 26.

That is how I know.

I wonder what is the difference between the "accepted but pending for an open seat" and the alternate list? So any of you think that there is a "first-class-alternate" list, which means it's better than students on the "alternate" list? :confused:

To all of you who are waiting, I officially turned down my acceptance this evening! Hopefully one of you will hear something tomorrow! Best of luck to all of you! :luck:

It was a huge decision, but I'm withdrawing from LECOM-B. I hope someone here gets a phone call soon :thumbup:

So both of you, DitchDoc 73 & rawman, got accept somewhere else? Congrats if you do.

Just for curiosity, what are your stats & when did you get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what is the difference between the "accepted but pending for an open seat" and the alternate list? So any of you think that there is a "first-class-alternate" list, which means it's better than students on the "alternate" list? :confused:

IMO alternate list means for whatever reason you didn't make the first cut, but have the qualifications to be offered a spot if one opens late in the game. Where as the"accepted pending an open seat" probably means those people interviewed late, but made that first cut. You can't offer a spot if the class is filled. I am not sure how many people are in the "accepted pending an open seat", but I would imagine not many.

Yea...so interview mid April and waitlisted....:( I am soooooo sad but really really eager to find out if I got in!!! I wrote an email and they said 70% get in off the alternate list....but thats still not saying much...anyone else hear back???

Yea...so interview mid April and waitlisted....:( I am soooooo sad but really really eager to find out if I got in!!! I wrote an email and they said 70% get in off the alternate list....but thats still not saying much...anyone else hear back???

I was told that in previous years up to 70% of the alternates were offered spots. I was also told that just under 100 people are presently wait listed. I just have a hard time believing that approximately 70 people will be offered spots from the wait list for a class of 160, if the information provided is accurate.

I am just keeping in mind that every year is different and for every person who drops his/her acceptance multiple people (if the first doesn't accept the spot) could possibly be called form the alternate list to fill the spot.

So both of you, DitchDoc 73 & rawman, got accept somewhere else? Congrats if you do.

Yup, I'm matriculating at a school closer to home.

I got accepted by LECOM-B around the end of January.

GPA: 3.64 (overall), 3.52 (sci)
MCAT: 27P (9,9,9)

Wait-listed as well, interviewed April 9th and heard by the following week. Good luck to all!

70 % is pretty good.... I hope that is true for this year!

Hey, I just realized you would be coming all the way from Hawaii! That's cool!

I was told that in previous years up to 70% of the alternates were offered spots. I was also told that just under 100 people are presently wait listed. I just have a hard time believing that approximately 70 people will be offered spots from the wait list for a class of 160, if the information provided is accurate.

I am just keeping in mind that every year is different and for every person who drops his/her acceptance multiple people (if the first doesn't accept the spot) could possibly be called form the alternate list to fill the spot.

Actually I called them quite a while ago, one lady also told me that they "could" accept up to 70% of students on the alternate list (at least they said the 70% stat was from one year but they didn't quote if it was recent or not. The stat could be from 2004, when the school first open and accepting students). But again, you are right, each year is very different. I was on the alternate for more than 6 months now!!:( I am sure if I should trust their stats.

Does anyone know if those not selected from the alternate will be offered a seat for the following year? Oh and no worries I am sure many of us will get in!! i mean 70% is quite a majority....:rolleyes: I called and she said the BIG drop doesn't happen till mid-May anyways...

LOL! Hey Sophi when did you interview??

I interviewed in early October. I had a 22 O on my first MCAT. I am pretty sure that's why I did not get a direct accept at that point. The interviewers asked "Is there anything you would like to explain to us that maybe doesn't make sense on your application?" And I replied.... "You mean the 6 on my verbal section on the MCAT?" and they basically chuckled. So, I gave them my "excuse" or explanation (that sounds better right?). When I found out I was waitlisted, I thought it through and realized that I had to take MCAT again. So, I took it March 27th and got a 27 O. I'm hoping that is good enough if and when a spot opens up. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
That is HILLARIOUS!!!!!!! WOAH i got the exact same scores!!!! My first time i got a 22 and then I took it again and got a 27, but i think i am way more pathetic because i got a 11 11 and 5 on the VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEDONCULOUS!!!! lol! well n*e wayz i think thats really neat!! Did you hear anything at all from them or no??? I am really driving myself crazy.....!! did you send a LOI??

I have a pretty well balanced 27Q, and only took the test once.

I am aware of the of the "BIG" change that takes place mid May, but at this point it is all speculation. I just find everything I hear rather misleading in regards to the wait list including; the "ranking" system (or lack there of), the 70%, an approximate number of alternates, the possibility of further interviews etc. I feel like a majority of the information i get from the school is contradicted by another post or a second phone call. Hopeclass2014, I think you and I are on the same wavelength in regards to this. I am not sure if they feel that they are doing me a favor by not being completely straight forward, but some solid answers would be nice.

If the list is 100 people, it would be nice to find out where i stand (but apparently there is no ranking system used :confused:) so i can plan the next couple months accordingly. The AACOMA application portal opens up Monday May 3 2010, I do not want to waste money reapplying if i do not have to, and do not want to submit late again (i submitted late for a completely different reason this cycle).

Question: Is anyone holding an acceptance to another school?

yea...i've been hearing a lot of stuff too....o well...guess all we can do is wait!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL yea I got a 27Q too!!! when did you interview??

yea...i've been hearing a lot of stuff too....o well...guess all we can do is wait!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL yea I got a 27Q too!!! when did you interview??

I interviewed February 26

1st MCAT breakdown: PS: 7 VR: 6 BS: 9

2nd MCAT (MArch 2010): PS: 8 VR: 10 BS: 9

I think my second one is balanced enough, I hope :) I was just happy I finally redeemed myself in verbal!

Like a previous post stated.... all we can do is wait. I know it's frustrating not knowing how life may go over the next few months... believe me I'd like to know so I know whether or not to set up day care for my 10 month old! :eek:

hey just wondering what you guys plan on doing if you dont get in this year.

1st MCAT breakdown: PS: 7 VR: 6 BS: 9

2nd MCAT (MArch 2010): PS: 8 VR: 10 BS: 9

I think my second one is balanced enough, I hope :) I was just happy I finally redeemed myself in verbal!

Like a previous post stated.... all we can do is wait. I know it's frustrating not knowing how life may go over the next few months... believe me I'd like to know so I know whether or not to set up day care for my 10 month old! :eek:

Nice breakdown, that is very balanced. It is nice that you only increased (or stayed the same) in all areas. My score breakdown was similar, PS:9 VR:8 BS:10.

hey just wondering what you guys plan on doing if you dont get in this year.

I have a pretty good job doing research on epilepsy, that i have had since graduating college in 2008. The Ph.D. I work for is happy to have me around another year (i guess it saves time and money, by not having to pay for training another tech). The main project I work on, which is NIH funded, looks at deep brain stimulation as a treatment for epilepsy. As well as other neuro related projects, some of which I designed. The experience has been awesome, and while I am ready to move forward with my life's goal, I am in a rather good place if I don't get in.

I also volunteer as an Emergency Medical Technician a few nights a week, and train and compete in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (def. helps relieve the stress of being wait listed). What about you?

WOAH!!!! That is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: i wish i could work as a researcher!!! I've been trying for a really long time now to get into research....but with no success...Mayb i could move down there and volunteer at that lab!!! but there's probably no positions open...I am working now at Tripler Army Medical Center biggest medical hospital of the pacific as a nurse's aide on 6B1 surgery ward....I loved it...but now i guess i am realizing a lot of the negatives of the nursing community...i love nurse's and all...it's just in an all female environment it can get kinda nagging....and mean. Well li guess i couldn't expect anything else since i am at the bottom of the todom pole...o well:rolleyes: sooo....i really need to get accepted!!!!!!!! LOL! if i don't get accepted ugh..........i guess..........get another job...research.....or maybe just do a master of arts (1 year)....who knows......i won't even consider that as an option though yet!!! i just want to believe i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey - I am praying really hard too! this wait is really a torture.....I STRONGLY HOPE we hear good news.. I noticed a lot of people posted different things about waitlist but I wonder how much of it is true. 70% off of waitlist is a lot of people and of course I am not going to complain if they really do that!

I do not understand why they are still interviewing people when they have a bunch of people wanting to accept their offer who are on the waiting list!!!

Yeah I decided to go to NSU.

I am a non trad (10 years as a Paramedic) with 3.0 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, and MCAT 26P (B10, V10, P6). I was accepted to LECOM-B in mid November.

Best of luck to all of you!

hey - congratulations on your choice to NSU! I hope I get into my choice of school too which is LECOM-BRADENTON - we will see what happens

quick question: were you waitlisted or did you get in right after u interviewed?

Yea...I'm definitely praying a lot too!!!! I am soooo desperate right now I feel like I would do anything to get into LECOM!!!!!! but there's only so much you can do before you are considered annoying ya know!!! loL! :boom:and that would be self-detonating!!! :)! Does anyone think we should send in more than 1 LOI???? I read one guys comment here on sdn and he was REALLY desperate i mean he sent in like a LOI every month, but good news is he got in to all the schools he was waitlisted on...but I think that might be risking being considered annoying...:poke:! Well n e ways I really do hope everyone on here gets iN!!!!! it seems like those that would be on here would be the types to get in just because we are actually concerned and trying to find out/do more about it! but who knows...

Yeah I decided to go to NSU.

I am a non trad (10 years as a Paramedic) with 3.0 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, and MCAT 26P (B10, V10, P6). I was accepted to LECOM-B in mid November.

Best of luck to all of you!

Congrats on NSU! Thanks for letting us know.

Hey sarahlopez! I know exactly what you mean!!!!! I really do want to go to LECOM-BRADENTON - it is a great school and has a great program which definitely works with my learning style so I am gonna be very saddddd if it doesn't work out...... my life has been a mess lately - i lost a loved one couple of months ago and everything else been a mess!! i know i need to stop feeling bad about myself and look forward to the future - but if I don't have anything to look forward to, then it is hard to move on.......

well anywaz, i just want to wish you and everyone else who really wants to get into LECOM-BRADENTON good luck and I am praying that we all get in somehow!!!!!

let's wait and see what happens.......

Yea...I'm definitely praying a lot too!!!! I am soooo desperate right now I feel like I would do anything to get into LECOM!!!!!! but there's only so much you can do before you are considered annoying ya know!!! loL! :boom:and that would be self-detonating!!! :)! Does anyone think we should send in more than 1 LOI???? I read one guys comment here on sdn and he was REALLY desperate i mean he sent in like a LOI every month, but good news is he got in to all the schools he was waitlisted on...but I think that might be risking being considered annoying...:poke:! Well n e ways I really do hope everyone on here gets iN!!!!! it seems like those that would be on here would be the types to get in just because we are actually concerned and trying to find out/do more about it! but who knows...

hey - congratulations on your choice to NSU! I hope I get into my choice of school too which is LECOM-BRADENTON - we will see what happens

quick question: were you waitlisted or did you get in right after u interviewed?

I interviewed on a Monday, and was accepted the next day. It was a tough decision to turn down LECOM-B, but I hope that my spot goes to another deserving student! Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting!:)

Does anybody know if the admissions committee still meets every Tuesday? Or, do they meet on an as needed basis at this point?

HEY medschool01 thanks!! since when were you on the waitlist?? Yea Sophi I called them and they said its on a needed basis. She implied to me that it was basically as soon as somone dropped, they make a decision as quick as possible...but not sure...:) yup im still waiting.......:sleep::confused::annoyed::corny::boom:

HEY medschool01 thanks!! since when were you on the waitlist?? Yea Sophi I called them and they said its on a needed basis. She implied to me that it was basically as soon as somone dropped, they make a decision as quick as possible...but not sure...:) yup im still waiting.......:sleep::confused::annoyed::corny::boom:

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting (since November).... :sleep: Btw- my theory: there won't be much movement until June. Not many people are going to drop LECOM-Bradenton ON May 15th --- they would have dropped before. But, as ppl get into MD schools as waitlists move in June, they might start dropping. What do I know? Just a theory.

To me this is would be made much easier if they ranked! Or maybe they do!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: (supposed to be a sinister looking laugh)

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting (since November).... :sleep: Btw- my theory: there won't be much movement until June. Not many people are going to drop LECOM-Bradenton ON May 15th --- they would have dropped before. But, as ppl get into MD schools as waitlists move in June, they might start dropping. What do I know? Just a theory.

I happen to agree with you. But unfortuanetly, for people in my circumstance atleast, it doesn't give one much time to reapply EARLY.

PPPFCR, are you in elsewhere?

Does anybody know if the admissions committee still meets every Tuesday? Or, do they meet on an as needed basis at this point?

You know it seemed like the admission people like the phrase "...as needed basis...".:smuggrin: I mean everything you asked, they will say "...as needed basis..." (at least when I called--I mean several times--they said those phrase to me) :smuggrin:

OK, FWIW, I just received an email back from admissions and according to this email they have not ranked the alternate list as of yet. This implies they rank it at some point. More waiting :) Hang in there everybody!

Nope. I'm not in anywhere yet. Just sitting here waiting, getting more and more bitter. Haha. Can't decide if to admit defeat and begin to reapply?? I am on 5 waitlists, really loved lecom-bradenton... but, at this point, not sure what my chances are.

I'm on the same boat as you. I'm on 3 waitlists and I'm not sure whether to reapply already or not. I still believe!!...but I'll probably start working on my application again, just in case.

I'm on the same boat as you. I'm on 3 waitlists and I'm not sure whether to reapply already or not. I still believe!!...but I'll probably start working on my application again, just in case.

Nope. I'm not in anywhere yet. Just sitting here waiting, getting more and more bitter. Haha. Can't decide if to admit defeat and begin to reapply?? I am on 5 waitlists, really loved lecom-bradenton... but, at this point, not sure what my chances are.

I feel your chances of getting off one of the 5 wait lists is probably good, even though i know how discouraging it is.

Looks like we are in similar boats. I am currently on 2 waitlists, however my other waitlist guaranteed my a spot for 2011 if i don't get in this year. That school was far and away my last choice, and they even got rid of the PBL program for next year which was rather disappointing.

For those who are in the same position, no acceptance only wait ists; If you don't hear by what date would you reapply?

Hey sarahlopez - I have been waiting since november..... I am really worried to how this waitlist is gonna work out for me at the end - i guess everyone is!

yea do they meet every tuesday?? please provide us with this information if you know by any chance - thanks!!

Woah ok yea that definitely sounds right! I'm expecting the decisions to come out bout end of May June, when the most come out that is....cause I think atleast one of us would have heard something if 70% get selected...does anyone know if we can know how many have been selected already i wonder....hmmmmm........................its so funny its like we're all soo nervous that we just keep trying to reassure ourselves by stating things that really don't make a difference!!! hehehe!!:laugh:

I am not really nervous, I have done and continue to do all I can to get into medical school. This is not the end for any of us! It is still technically early, at least in respect to wait list spots. I just wish more information was available. I am of the mindset where I would rather them tell me, if it is so the case, I am at the bottom of the wait list, then to have the buildup of false hope. Just as LECOM needs to fill its class this year, HeelHookin needs to get into medical school if not this year next, and the only thing stopping me from sending in my AACOMAS primary TODAY is this wait list, and the thought of wasting another $500 or so.

The admissions secretaries probably are told what information to give out, and they may not even be privy to everything discussed in the adcom meetings. So they may be very well telling us everything they know, or just telling us what they are supposed to. The information, or lack of information, or inconsistent information if you will, is starting to become annoying. But the weather in NY is really nice now (and I hope it is the same where you all are from)!

And remember, "If you will it, It is no dream." Theodore Herzl

Last edited:
I am not really nervous, I have done and continue to do all I can to get into medical school. This is not the end for any of us! It is still technically early, at least in respect to wait list spots. I just wish more information was available. I am of them mindset where I would rather them tell me, if it is so the case, I am at the bottom of the wait list, then to have the buildup of false hope. Just as LECOM needs to fill its class this year, HeelHookin needs to get into medical school if not this year next, and the only thing stopping me from sending in my AACOMAS primary TODAY is this wait list, and the thought of wasting another $500 or so.

The admissions secretaries probably are told what information to give out, and they may not even be privy to everything discussed in the adcom meetings. So they may be very well telling us everything they know, or just telling us what they are supposed to. The information, or lack of information, or inconsistent information if you will, is starting to become annoying. But the weather in NY is really nice now (and I hope it is the same where you all are from)!

Well said HeelHookin! It is not the end for any of us! I am an eternal optimist and have hope for all of us that something good will come out of all of this waiting in some form. Think about it this way... it could be worse, we could all have outright rejections at this point, but we don't we still have a glimmer of hope. If it doesn't happen this year, we try again. Besides, I've seen that some of you do have acceptances elsewhere and while your acceptance may not be your first choice, just remember that it is a means to an end..... a medical degree which is what we ALL want at the end of the day (er.... 4 years!)!

Believe me, I am one of the world's most impatient people, but I'm trying to make the best of all this waiting, and as HeelHookin said, hope the weather is great by everybody, we just need lots of distractions at this point! That's my "feel good" message of the day.... if nothing else, it's providing a distraction/outlet for all my nervous energy!

:xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

Thanks lots Heelhookin!! That was like a BOOST of encouragement!!!! seriously!!!:highfive:Yea...i would just know now instead of building up false hope too!!! I think that is the worst part of it all!!!! but mayb if i just start thinkin i have been rejected to both it would help....i dunno...but yea i am waitlisted for two spots now...Well hope everyone will get in!!! and really heelhookn is right this is only the beginning of the waitlist period!!!:laugh: NO WORRIES!!! right!!! Yea the weather is gr8 here too!!:thumbup::D it's really warmn up fast!!! how bout u guys where are you all from!?!?

Thanks lots Heelhookin!! That was like a BOOST of encouragement!!!! seriously!!!:highfive:Yea...i would just know now instead of building up false hope too!!! I think that is the worst part of it all!!!! but mayb if i just start thinkin i have been rejected to both it would help....i dunno...but yea i am waitlisted for two spots now...Well hope everyone will get in!!! and really heelhookn is right this is only the beginning of the waitlist period!!!:laugh: NO WORRIES!!! right!!! Yea the weather is gr8 here too!!:thumbup::D it's really warmn up fast!!! how bout u guys where are you all from!?!?

So quick question, is it ever not nice in Hawaii lol? Do you play the Ukulele? I have been playing for almost 3 years now, and it is a really awesome instrument that is unique to New Yorkers!

I am not really nervous, I have done and continue to do all I can to get into medical school. This is not the end for any of us! It is still technically early, at least in respect to wait list spots. I just wish more information was available. I am of the mindset where I would rather them tell me, if it is so the case, I am at the bottom of the wait list, then to have the buildup of false hope. Just as LECOM needs to fill its class this year, HeelHookin needs to get into medical school if not this year next, and the only thing stopping me from sending in my AACOMAS primary TODAY is this wait list, and the thought of wasting another $500 or so.

I agree, I can reapply now too but just being optimistic about the situation and also dont want to waste $500 heh. It is not the end, you can't just give up after one try for your dream. :)

And remember, "If you will it, It is no dream." Theodore Herzl

I agree with you that the secretaries know a lot of info but instructed not to give out. I am not sure why is that. They should just let us know straight out so we can plan our next move. Time is valuable. We don't have all the time and resources just to hang around for them finally say yes or no. I saw some one post on http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=9637523#post9637523 page that they got accepted this morning. That could mean the admission committee/Deans met yesterday. I can't stand their inconsistency. Let's hope all of us in this post get off the alternate/wait list and move on to the accepted list.:xf:

Hey everyone, I will be rescinding my acceptance from LECOM-B, good luck!

the agony of waiting...............this is my third time applying to med schools and I strongly hope that I hear some good news................. you all deserve to be accepted by LECOM-B - your comments on this website shows how bad you want to be part of LECOM-B school and I really hope they can see that!!!

i know how you feel medschool01!!!!! but it seems like you want it just as bad!!! hope you all get in!!!:highfive:what are you guys doing in your spare time? i think i have confirmed that interviews go until mid-May .... so i think.but im sure you guys already knew that...so i think they will start calling alot after that date...:)

Interviews ended the 2nd week of April this year, so they aren't adding any more names to the list. The mid-May thing you might have seen us write about is that MD schools require that you choose one acceptances and turn down the rest by May 15th. This opens up spots at the MD schools, which pulls a few people with DO acceptances over to MD schools, and creates movements on the DO waitlists. That's what has happened in the past.

I wish you guys the best of luck. Waitlists blow, there's no other way to put it.