Prometric Noise Cancellation Headphones

Started by zzzBrett
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zzzBrett

hmm
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just took the MCAT yesterday at a prometric testing center, and I loved their noise blocking orange headphones! Anyone know where I can buy them?
 
Heh, I couldn't stand having them on during the test, I'd rather deal with the noise. Anyway, they are just industrial noise blocking earmuffs. You can probably get them in Home Depot or a similar store.
 
You get some better ones. Heck, the earplugs they sell at Target are better. However, you might have gotten a good pair or something. The ones I had actually sounded like a seashell and didn't block out any noise. That, combined with them slipping and getting my ears hot made me take them off after a minute.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed that those orange earmuffs sucked. I wore them throughout the whole test, though, cause I hate noise whenever I'm trying to concentrate. (*Waits for comment of someone telling me I shouldn't be a doctor if noise breaks my concentration*)

Anway, if you want some actual high-quality noise-cancelling headphones, get on Amazon and check out their selection. I got some nice ones which ran about $130 but it was definitely worth it since my roommates are insanely loud. I put earplugs in, and then put the headphones over my ears, and I can't hear a thing!
 
Last edited:
i tried the ones i had at the testing center and they were really too tight- maybe i have a huge head or something?

like captain, i use noise-cancelling headphones as well to block out my roommates. My favorite ones are Audio Technica ATHANCY headphones
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269833553&sr=1-2
it's a bit pricey now (think i got mines for 150 or under- can't remember exactly) so you should wait a while or look at an auction site, but it's the best one i tried. Can't recommend them enough.

edit- just checked ebay (i'm bidding on a mic) and found them to be 150 including shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item439cb95c17
i'd recommend buying them now, if you're considering, since i believe they are a discontinued line and the newer models apparently have some design flaws unlike the originals. Thus, there's a limited supply of these great headphones. For 150 these provide peace and tranquility and they're worth 10 times their price.
 
Last edited:
I took the MCAT on Saturday and loved those noise cancellation headphones as well. Bose has some $$ headphones like that... kind of like the ones you see in the SkyMags. They're $300+ though.

So I just took the MCAT yesterday at a prometric testing center, and I loved their noise blocking orange headphones! Anyone know where I can buy them?