Can you still retake DAT AFTER acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find out if you can still retake the DAT after you've recieved an acceptance...

I have designed a 6-week study plan for the DAT and I wanna test it on myself. Judging from my scores, I don't think its a good idea to retake a 21AA unless of course I have an acceptance letter from somewhere

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to find out if you can still retake the DAT after you've recieved an acceptance...

I have designed a 6-week study plan for the DAT and I wanna test it on myself. Judging from my scores, I don't think its a good idea to retake a 21AA unless of course I have an acceptance letter from somewhere

attention wH883 ,.|..
:thumbdown:+pity+:spam::troll::beat:

get a life

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are there so many damn haters on SDN? It disgusts me to see the type of future dentists that post hateful, sarcastic posts on this board...

dentalWorks has apparently created some type of helpful DAT study guide, which he hopes to test out/improve by retaking the DAT. I support his cause as he seems to have good intentions to help out future DAT takers with his new study guide plan thing.

Anyhow, good luck dentaWorks. Also, I plan on taking my DAT on APril 22, and wouldnt mind providing input if you needed.

Why are there so many damn haters on SDN? It disgusts me to see the type of future dentists that post hateful, sarcastic posts on this board...

dentalWorks has apparently created some type of helpful DAT study guide, which he hopes to test out/improve by retaking the DAT. I support his cause as he seems to have good intentions to help out future DAT takers with his new study guide plan thing.

Anyhow, good luck dentaWorks. Also, I plan on taking my DAT on APril 22, and wouldnt mind providing input if you needed.

nobodys hating. no sense of humor?

If anyone thinks that dentalworks is just trying to get attention, then they haven't seen his other posts. He's been around SDN helping countless number of other pre-dents with legitimate questions and he took the time and effort to respond with invaluable advice on numerous occasions.

Hey dentalworks!
I read many post you wrote. I know 22TS 21AA is very high score, but i thought your knowledge deserves more than 22TS. If you don't really bother studying dat, I would recommand taking it again.
why don't you break 25 just to testify your unlimited science knowledge for your own sake?

Are you really that smart to turst some unknown persons schedule. and whats the odds of YOU following his schedule. Do you believe it will be a match you? I mean there is no point to this thread other than to show off or satisfy the op of his ego. seriously? EVERY ONE IS DIFF. w/ diff. majors diff. schedules and diff. abilities to comprehend/understand stuff. plus you are taking you exam in april 22, which is 10 days away from now. Do you seriously want to dump the schedule that you have made for yourself to follow the ops schedule. Come on dude. There is no hate here... but we are here to point out the senseless nature of this thread and possible op's action.

lol, this thread is making me laugh.... I guess some people thought I was dieing for attention or a little snotty, but whatever, thats totally not what I meant by it.

oae, Hopeful20, evanyou, thank you for your kind words, but really there is no need to defend me, I shoulda asked it differently.

peanutb123 ~ you were the first person to respond and one of your smiles suggest "please do not feed the troll" and yet you've come here and posted twice.... by your logic, aren't you feeding "the troll" ? (rhetorical, please don't respond anymore to this thread, you've blessed us with one too many posts and neither one is providing me or any future SDNer any insightful information.... If you have a problem with me or think I did something wrong, please contact an admin and have him/her deal with me.... Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you really that smart to turst some unknown persons schedule. and whats the odds of YOU following his schedule. Do you believe it will be a match you? I mean there is no point to this thread other than to show off or satisfy the op of his ego. seriously? EVERY ONE IS DIFF. w/ diff. majors diff. schedules and diff. abilities to comprehend/understand stuff. plus you are taking you exam in april 22, which is 10 days away from now. Do you seriously want to dump the schedule that you have made for yourself to follow the ops schedule. Come on dude. There is no hate here... but we are here to point out the senseless nature of this thread and possible op's action.

maybe oae in particular won't need that schedule, but I'd bet there are a ton of other people in the future who could use that kind of guidance. There's a thread on the mcat forums with an exact breakdown of resources and day-to-day study goals, and everyone seems to praise it. Why can't we have one too. If it works out well, it will certainly save tons of time replying to new member "what books should i get" and "how should I study/what should i focus on" threads. If it's good we could even get it stickied and just point people to it. get off his back, sheesh.

I am getting a lot of PMs about this "6-week program"...

Since I wasn't sure what everyone's science background is, I stretched it out to 8 weeks.... However you can EASILY convert the first 4 weeks into just 2 if you have a strong science background.

I am going to post the entire study guide here on this thread, I'll post it over 8 posts (1 post per each week).... I also have it on word.doc, PM me your email and I'll send it to ya.

Word of advice, the first 4 weeks are pretty harsh. Your looking at 8-12 hours of studying a day.... Again you DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS, but its there for you if you need it

I came up with this guide from reading the MCAT 10-week home-study program created by exam krackers, I liked it a lot and wanted to implement it for the DAT on a 8-week program

This is based on the following resources:
-Kaplan blue book (KBB) (2009-2010 version)
-Cliff’s AP biology (2nd edition from 2007)
-DAT destroyer (2010 version)
-MATH destroyer (2010 version ~ I believe it has 11 tests)
-Crack DAT PAT software (the 10 test version)

Please understand that this is JUST A GUIDELINE, no one has to follow it 100%, there is no guarantee that you will score a high or low score by following it. Its mostly designed for those new folks around SDN who don’t really know how or where to start studying for the DAT. This is my strategy, and I believe it will serve many.

Week1:
Monday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 1 (Chemistry). Read KBB’s Chapter 1 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Read these chapters like a novel, read them fast and don’t take any notes or highlight anything

Do KPP’s chapter 1 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it

Tuesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 1 again, KBB’s chapter 1 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But this time around, go much slower, try to grasp everything, write notes and highlight. Use your old college text books as reference guides when you get confused

Wednesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 2 (Cells). Read KBB’s Chapter 2 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s chapter 2 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it

Thursday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 2 again, KBB’s chapter 2 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Friday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 3 (Cellular Respiration). Read KBB’s Chapter 3 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s chapter 3 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it

Saturday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 3 again, KBB’s chapter 3 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Sunday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 4 (Photosynthesis). Read KBB’s Chapter 4 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s chapter 4 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it

Week2:
Monday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 4 again, KBB’s chapter 4 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Tuesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 5 (Cell Division). Read KBB’s Chapter 5 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s chapter 5 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it

Wednesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 5 again, KBB’s chapter 5 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Thursday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 6 (Heredity). Read KBB’s Chapter 6 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s chapter 6 on math. Study this chapter hard cause this is the only time your going to go over it….You’ve just completed the initial math review

Friday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 6 again, KBB’s chapter 6 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Saturday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 7 (Molecular Genetics). Read KBB’s Chapter 7 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Sunday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 7 again, KBB’s chapter 7 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Week3:
Monday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 8 (Evolution). Read KBB’s Chapter 8 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s introductory section of the PAT, then do “Keyholes Practicing Set”

Tuesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 8 again, KBB’s chapter 8 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Wednesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 9 (Biological Diversity). Read KBB’s Chapter 9 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s PAT “Top-Front-End Practicing Set”

Thursday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 9 again, KBB’s chapter 9 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Friday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 10 (Plants). Read KBB’s Chapter 10 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s PAT “Angle Ranking Practicing Set”

Saturday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 10 again, KBB’s chapter 10 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Sunday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 11 (Animal Form and Function). Read KBB’s Chapter 11 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s PAT “Hole Punching Practicing Set”

Week4:
Monday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 11 again, KBB’s chapter 11 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Tuesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 12 (Animal Reproduction and Development). Read KBB’s Chapter 12 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s PAT “Cube counting Practicing Set”

Wednesday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 12 again, KBB’s chapter 12 on Biology, General chem, and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting….You’ve just completed the General chemistry review on KBB

Thursday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 13 (Animal Behavior). Read KBB’s Chapter 13 on Biology and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Do KBB’s PAT “Pattern Folding Practicing Set” ….You’ve just completed PAT review on KBB

Friday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 13 again, KBB’s chapter 13 on Biology and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting

Saturday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 14 (Ecology). Read KBB’s Chapter 14 on Biology and Orgo. Again, read these fast like a novel

Sunday: Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 14 again, KBB’s chapter 14 on Biology and Orgo. But like before, your going to read them a lot slower, taking notes and highlighting….You’ve just completed Cliff’s AP Biology

Week5:
Monday: Read the following only one time, read it slow, take notes, and highlight. Do Chapter KBB's chapter 15 in biology and chapter 15 in orgo. .You've just completed KBB's Biology & Orgo

Okay, You have just completed the entire science review, math, and PAT review of the entire DAT in 4 weeks. Take the next 2 days off, you deserve it.

Before going further, from this point forward, your going to be mostly working on problem solving, whenever you come across a problem (ESPECIALLY IN THE SCIENCES), make sure you understand it 100%. Understand why every answer is correct / not correct, don't let anything pass by you. Use your review books, come to SDN on the DAT forums and ask questions, just make sure you understand all the problems from this point forward.

You will be spreading the destroyer problems over a 2 week period. The new 2010 destroyer has 232 orgo, 242 GC, and 377 biology questions. I will divide them such that over the next 2 weeks, you will go over the ENTIRE destroyer 2x times. Each day you will do 22 orgo problems, 23 GC problems, and 36 biology problems

Thursday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 1 – 22
GC 1 – 23
Biology 1 – 36

Do CRACK DAT PAT test #1. When your done with your test DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON'T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Do MATH destroyer test #1. I am going to suggest for you to not time your self. First learn to do things right, then work on your speed. Do these tests, mark your answers on a separate sheet (but not on the exam itself cause your going to do each exam multiple times). When your done taking test #1, go over EVERY problem you got right and wrong. You should learn MATH destroyer really well cause about 80% of those problems simply reappear on the real DAT

Friday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 23 - 45
GC 24 - 47
Biology 37 – 73

Do MATH destroyer test #2. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Saturday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 46 - 68
GC 48 - 71
Biology 74 - 110

Do MATH destroyer test #3. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Sunday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 69 - 91
GC 72 - 95
Biology 111 - 147

Do MATH destroyer test #4. Same way as before, don't time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Last edited:
Week6:
Monday: First thing in the morning when you wake up. Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and review all the mistakes you’ve made on test #1 (remember, you took like 3 days ago). Review everything, learn why you missed the problems that were marked wrong. When your done DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE. Exit the software and go on and do your DAT destroyer problems for the day

Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 92 - 114
GC 96 - 119
Biology 148 - 184

Do MATH destroyer test #5. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

At the end of your MATH destroyer test, Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and do test #2. When your done with your test DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON’T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Tuesday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 115 - 137
GC 120 - 143
Biology 185 - 221

Do MATH destroyer test #6. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Wednesday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 138 - 160
GC 144 - 167
Biology 222 - 258

Do MATH destroyer test #7. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Orgo 161 - 183
GC 168 - 191
Biology 259 - 295

Do MATH destroyer test #8. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Orgo 184 - 206
GC 192 - 215
Biology 296 - 332

Do MATH destroyer test #9. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

Saturday: First thing in the morning when you wake up. Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and review all the mistakes you’ve made on test #2 (remember, you took like 3 days ago). Review everything, learn why you missed the problems that were marked wrong. When your done DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE. Exit the software and go on and do your DAT destroyer problems for the day

Orgo 207 – 232
GC 216 - 242
Biology 332 – 377
You’ve just completed DAT destroyer for the 1st time

Do MATH destroyer test #10. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes

At the end of your MATH destroyer test, Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and do test #3. When your done with your test DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON’T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Sunday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems (starting DAT destroyer again):
Orgo 1 – 22
GC 1 – 23
Biology 1 – 36

Do MATH destroyer test #11. Same way as before, don’t time yourself, after your done with the test, go over each problem and learn from mistakes
You’ve just completed MATH destroyer for the 1st time

Week7:
Monday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 23 - 45
GC 24 - 47
Biology 37 – 73

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #1 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

Tuesday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 46 - 68
GC 48 - 71
Biology 74 - 110

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #2 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

Wednesday: First thing in the morning when you wake up. Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and review all the mistakes you’ve made on test #3 (remember, you took like 3 days ago). Review everything, learn why you missed the problems that were marked wrong. When your done DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE. Exit the software and go on and do your DAT destroyer problems for the day

Orgo 69 - 91
GC 72 - 95
Biology 111 - 147

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #3 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

At the end of your MATH destroyer test, Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and do test #4. When your done with your test DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON’T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Orgo 92 - 114
GC 96 - 119
Biology 148 - 184

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #4 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

Orgo 115 - 137
GC 120 - 143
Biology 185 - 221

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #5 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

Saturday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 138 - 160
GC 144 - 167
Biology 222 - 258

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #6 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

Sunday: First thing in the morning when you wake up. Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and review all the mistakes you’ve made on test #4 (remember, you took like 3 days ago). Review everything, learn why you missed the problems that were marked wrong. When your done DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE. Exit the software and go on and do your DAT destroyer problems for the day

Orgo 161 - 183
GC 168 - 191
Biology 259 - 295

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #7 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn’t have time to get to.

At the end of your MATH destroyer test, Open up CRACK DAT PAT software and do test #5. When your done with your test DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE, store your results and DON’T LOOK AT YOUR MISTAKES. Exit the software

Week8: (final week)
Monday: Do the following DAT destroyer problems:
Orgo 184 - 206
GC 192 - 215
Biology 296 - 332

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #8 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn't have time to get to.

Tuesday: Review all the mistakes you've made on CRACK DAT PAT software test#5

Orgo 207 – 232
GC 216 - 242
Biology 332 – 377
You've just completed DAT destroyer for the 2nd time

Go back over MATH destroyer and this time, do test #9 and give yourself only 45 minutes to do it. When time is up, go over all the problems you got wrong and all the ones you didn't have time to get to.

Now you have from Wednesday till Sunday to do whatever you feel like. I suggest you continue working with MATH destroyer and doing more CRACK DAT PAT tests (you have 5 more to do)….. Also, some folks (including me) found topscore software to be pretty helpful before the DAT. I suggest you do it during this time.

Week9: (take-the-test week)
You take the test in this week and come back and post your results

Last edited:
I think its really awesome of you to make a plan for others. you've obviously had success, and the fact that your willing to help others out by making this program is great. My only suggestion is to throw a day off in there per week, because I dont think anyone can go 8 weeks with only 2 days off, no way. stretch it to a 9 week program if necessary.

I think its really awesome of you to make a plan for others. you've obviously had success, and the fact that your willing to help others out by making this program is great. My only suggestion is to throw a day off in there per week, because I dont think anyone can go 8 weeks with only 2 days off, no way. stretch it to a 9 week program if necessary.

thats a great point.... For me personally, I would shave off 2 weeks from those initial 4 weeks. I'd do that by only reading each of the science chapters 1 time (instead of twice like the way I have it up there).... If I do convert the initial 4 weeks to 2, then yes, I would easily be able to take every sunday off, and still be within the 6-7 week range

That's awesome man. I recently purchased most of that material and was wondering how I was going to attack it to take my DAT in July, this definitely has pointed me in the right direction. Thanks alot.

thats a great point.... For me personally, I would shave off 2 weeks from those initial 4 weeks. I'd do that by only reading each of the science chapters 1 time (instead of twice like the way I have it up there).... If I do convert the initial 4 weeks to 2, then yes, I would easily be able to take every sunday off, and still be within the 6-7 week range

I would agree with the little extra time off. Prolonged full-day studying is rough even on the trained mind/body. I've always advocated taking a day off too, and I even went light on Saturdays. Also, are you intending for the 80 destroyer questions per day to take up most of the 8-12 hours or will those be shorter days? It seems a bit slow paced to me, like 8 questions/hour, unless you mean for people to be reviewing every bit of background info to each question as well, and even then ochem and bio shouldn't take that long. If you shuttle the 80 questions from sunday into the other 6 days, that frees up a day for rest, or you can use it to add a couple full-length tests into the mix. As important as material is, it's also important for folks to be habituated to testing conditions. I've seen a couple of people complaining about being too tired at the end and bombing qr. Try to work topscore into the mix, like one a week near the end and get them prepared for pacing and length.

Hey OP are you really planing to retake the DAT?? You're crazy!! LOL
Lets study together. Im going to retake my DAT in August. I figured since we both scored a 21AA we can help each other. This would be GREAT!!

I would agree with the little extra time off. Prolonged full-day studying is rough even on the trained mind/body. I've always advocated taking a day off too, and I even went light on Saturdays. Also, are you intending for the 80 destroyer questions per day to take up most of the 8-12 hours or will those be shorter days? It seems a bit slow paced to me, like 8 questions/hour, unless you mean for people to be reviewing every bit of background info to each question as well, and even then ochem and bio shouldn't take that long. If you shuttle the 80 questions from sunday into the other 6 days, that frees up a day for rest, or you can use it to add a couple full-length tests into the mix. As important as material is, it's also important for folks to be habituated to testing conditions. I've seen a couple of people complaining about being too tired at the end and bombing qr. Try to work topscore into the mix, like one a week near the end and get them prepared for pacing and length.

I agree with you, there are ways to modify this based on the students preference. For me personally, I really liked the 20/20/30 questions per day, it always kept the material constantly freash in my mind esspecially for the general chemistry portion since the destroyer problems are not sequencial (one problem being molariy another being rate equation). But if the student wants to do 30/30/50 questions per day so that they can have an easy weekend, sure by all means.

As far as topscore goes, its mentioned in my week 8:
"Now you have from Wednesday till Sunday to do whatever you feel like. I suggest you continue working with MATH destroyer and doing more CRACK DAT PAT tests (you have 5 more to do)….. Also, some folks (including me) found topscore software to be pretty helpful before the DAT. I suggest you do it during this time."....

Hey OP are you really planing to retake the DAT?? You're crazy!! LOL
Lets study together. Im going to retake my DAT in August. I figured since we both scored a 21AA we can help each other. This would be GREAT!!

haha, I called ADA 2x times yesterday about this, the first person I talked to was a guy and he kept saying "ummm,,, ummm,,,, lets see,,,, ummm" I asked him if I am allowed to retake my DAT for the 2nd time If I was granted an acceptance. He made me wait for like 10 minutes while he kept reading the rules for retake. He didn't see anything and finally said "nope, doeson't seem like there is any issues"

I wasn't too confident in him, so I called up again, it was a lady this time, as soon as I was done asking her, she goes "nope, you can't retake the DAT once you've been accepted to dental school or matriculate at a dental school"...... wtf which is it

If what the first guy is correct, and God's willing I get in this coming cycle, I'd love to have it retaken by January / February of next year....6-week program, "we'll put its name to the test" ... Sorry sounding like King leonidas here

Jus wanted to say thank you for this, itll be going in my favorites section for future use :).
If I actually do use it or modify it ill definately let you know how it goes. Ill prolly use it though, just drag it out longer.

OP,

Great post. I've seen lots of efforts like these on the MCAT forums, this is a great breakdown. Appreciate you taking out the time to put it together.

--->I wanted to mention Chad's MCAT/DAT $20 review vids.<---
http://www.coursesaver.com/

They are some of the highest yield prep material out there for the sciences, and I suggest people having trouble gaining momentum with their texts to watch them, especially if it's been a while since they've looked at science material.

They are worth a lot more than $20 and will serve you far, especially initially when everything seems overwhelming.

If you work them into a schedule you can cover them twice easily in a month. And second time put it on Fast Forward and you'll be golden.

DentalWorks or OP (as some of the post called you), you define awesomeness!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. God's willing you will get into dental school. People like you, Sama951, 2thDMD, and many others are inspiring people. There are people out there like you who truly want to help others without any greed of getting anything back. I learn great deal from these posts and I can not express how helpful they are. Thank you once again.

Dental works, thanks for the well layed out plan :). I have copied and paced it and have book marked this thread. It must be helpful, as I am getting ready at the moment too..
Do you have a set-up date?
I think it is totally legit if you want to retake and apply to aschool of a better choice. Let's say you want to apply to Harvard--that would be nice:p. I really don't see why not retake after acceptance...

Now now let's not get cocky with our DAT performance. I'm sure you're only joking or curious if you could actually retake it after acceptance. How would the ada know you're accepted? I don't think they do(?) If they do, you just won't be able to register for the dat to start with(?)