2010-2011 University of California - Irvine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

In evaluating applicants with a variety of backgrounds and strengths the Admissions Committee assesses each applicant as to what they can contribute to their class. Please describe to the Admissions Committee what you have to offer in this regard. (1,800 characters, with spaces).

Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience. (1,800 characters, with spaces).

This essay is only for applicants that have already received their baccalaureate degree. Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work and/or volunteer, travel, etc.) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities. (1,800 characters, with spaces).

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm applying here but I didn't see a need to post anything here until a secondary was released haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got this secondary but it says "Invalid data entry' when I try to log on.

sweet, secondary just came out! they were kind of slow relative to the other UCs (last one that I got)... but good luck everyone! :)

sweet, secondary just came out! they were kind of slow relative to the other UCs (last one that I got)... but good luck everyone! :)

Are you able to log in?

Just got the secondary email! Can't log in, though. That'll probably be fixed soon, right?

got the invalid data entry as well...

has anyone been able to login successfully?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got the secondary invite, and have the same problem too.

im with yall, can't log in.

did you guys get a verification of AMCAS email and then a secondary email?

what are the stats of those of you who got secondaries?

Wahooooo! Irvine! Bummer the login page is messed up though...

Congrats to everyone screened in! :luck:

Got the secondary, but it won't let me login. Anyone else have same problem?

So I received a secondary from many of the UC's even though I was afraid I would get screened out because of my low MCAT (29) especially a low verbal (7). Therefore, I was restudying for the mcat, but since I am receiving these secondaries, do you guys think I should still retake?

So I received a secondary from many of the UC's even though I was afraid I would get screened out because of my low MCAT (29) especially a low verbal (7). Therefore, I was restudying for the mcat, but since I am receiving these secondaries, do you guys think I should still retake?

Which schools did you receive secondaries from? Did you get one from UCI? I have similar stats but have not received one from Irvine.

Also, on your AMCAS did you indicate that you were taking the MCAT again?

I got one from UCI, UCLA, and UCSD. And yes I did indicate a retake in early August for which UCD has put me on hold. Any suggestions?

Me too on the "got screened in to 3 UCs, but have a low MCAT 29...so...false hope or true hope?" Does anyone know what the criteria for the UCs' screening process are? I have a feeling it might be just sent to any IS with a 3.0 & 28+ MCAT automatically...:(

I'm having the same problem ... have you figured out how to login?

Me too on the "got screened in to 3 UCs, but have a low MCAT 29...so...false hope or true hope?" Does anyone know what the criteria for the UCs' screening process are? I have a feeling it might be just sent to any IS with a 3.0 & 28+ MCAT automatically...:(

Same here... so far screened in for UCI, UCSF, and UCD (still waiting to hear from UCLA and UCSD, but I just got verified 7/23).

Stats: 3.99/28 MCAT :( (9-9-10), CA Resident and UCI alumni :love:

And yes, it won't let me login either. I'm sure they'll have it up in a matter of days. Since everyone can't, no one panic!!

Yay for UCI alums! :)

I'm an IS and I've only received UCD. I just got verified last week though, so hopefully I'll be getting more UC secondaries.

Yeah, that would kinda suck if they're screening in all IS that have 3.0+ and 28+ MCATs.

3.8 cGPA, 32 MCAT

Screened in today at 6pm..got two emails in a row. Why have all UCs, except UCLA and UCSD (two hour time difference) been doing that to me lol..

got this one too. right when i finished my UCLA secondary. i can't wait until the day when i am officially done with secondaries.

UC Davis: ~40% of applicants receive secondaries
UCSF: 25% receive secondaries
UCLA: 50%
UCI: ?
UCSD: 30%

I don't know what the screening process is. I would personally retake a 29. Unless you're taking practice tests before the real thing and scoring lower than 30 every time, in which case you might want to leave it as is. If it's a really unbalanced 29, I definitely would retake it.

UCI's website says that they give out 1700 secondaries.

I dunno what the number of total applicants is though...

3.7/36P

This probably goes without saying, but can someone post here whenever they finally get the login site working? Thanks!

Dear Applicant,

Due to some technical difficulties, at this time you are unable to login. We will send you a second email notification as soon as we have the problem resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions and Outreach

App was open for about 10 minutes and then went out again.

Did you happen to see if the questions were the same as last year?

Whole app is identical to last year. I managed to fill it out and submit payment and then it died on me. Hopefully it saved everything.

EDIT: app is back open. Submitted and donezo :)

Last edited:
The application is now accessible again. Please note that the PW has been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.