2010-2011 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

App is away. I have loads of stuff for the secondary, assuming it's the same as last year. Why here, why now, why this, best friends are visiting do you A) study B) get drunk...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got screened out, that kind of blows, I didn't even want to go here. This is my first rejection :eek:

Just got rejected too. I'm totally confused by this, the email didn't even specify why, just that either i don't have 3.5 GPAs, 30 mcat or haven't completed prereqs. But, I do have over 3.5 cGPA and over 30 mcat. I've already graduated and I should have the necessary prereqs for the school.

Maybe it's because my sGPA is alittle low (3.47)? I looked it up and it said they do accept AP credit. I'm beginning to think it's because I took some prereqs my first semester of freshman year, in which all the courses were pass/fail by school policy.

Just got rejected too. I'm totally confused by this, the email didn't even specify why, just that either i don't have 3.5 GPAs, 30 mcat or haven't completed prereqs. But, I do have over 3.5 cGPA and over 30 mcat. I've already graduated and I should have the necessary prereqs for the school.

Maybe it's because my sGPA is alittle low (3.47)? I looked it up and it said they do accept AP credit. I'm beginning to think it's because I took some prereqs my first semester of freshman year, in which all the courses were pass/fail by school policy.

Oh well ssdk, thanks for letting me know that I've got some company. WVU ain't gonna slow us down
:highfive:

I got that email too, I forgot I even applied here woops. I don't think West Virginia is where I would want to end up anyways LOL.

haha happy to join the club, nelly. i called the school and they said i got rejected cuz my mcats were too old (7/08), they want to see scores from sept, 2009 and up. i hope she misspoke and meant 2008 rather than 2009 b/c otherwise a lot of good candidates might get screened out this way.

Also rejected pre-secondary. Not sure why, according to their email my numbers are competitive for OOS. Oh well....

So they're not giving secondary invites to OOS applicants below 3.5 cGPA and 30 MCAT?

Crap, I'm screwed :( (cGPA 3.99, but 28 MCAT)

Haha. I just got screened out too. Their screening for OOS applicants is pretty rough. At least I have one less secondary to fill out.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the OOS'ers getting rejected... Did you guys have you lor's in yet?

I ask because I am OOS with a 3.99/29 but I am still waiting on my committee letter package. Do you thnk this is why I have yet to be screened out?

I ask because I am OOS with a 3.99/29 but I am still waiting on my committee letter package. Do you thnk this is why I have yet to be screened out?

maybe you will pass the screen because your 29 is so close to the cutoff, and your GPA is way above? IDK but good luck either way

Thanks! I guess I'll find out soon. GL to you too!

for the mcat cutoff ... anyone know if they use the latest score or the highest score? im hoping highest, otherwise im screwed :(

Just got screened out, that kind of blows, I didn't even want to go here. This is my first rejection :eek:

Haha, same here.. getting my first rejection blows :( but we still have to keep fighting everyone! Good luck to you all!! =]

Dang, screened out too! Didn't want to go here; but man, it's my first rejection too. That's cool, I knew my crappy MCAT score would bite me.:rolleyes:

I think its nice to know your rejected right away rather than have schools give you secondary and you work ur ass off trying to write essays and pay like $100 and 3 months later you find out, ur rejected.

Anyways, I applied here 2 days ago. have 31 (8 verbal) and above average gpa. Think I ll get screened out?

got screened out as well..It's my 4th rejection already..I guess I'm getting a little bit numb now..sigh :(

Dang, screened out too! Didn't want to go here; but man, it's my first rejection too. That's cool, I knew my crappy MCAT score would bite me.:rolleyes:

What was your MCAT? I am jsut curious if I am going to get screened out too... I have 29. :-/

I have a 28. I've done all the exam kracker stuff and more, took all the practice tests and I never do better than this score. Verbal just kills me :confused: everytime. I hope and pray that I never have to take that test again, because I just don't think I'll do any better. But if I'm judged primarily by one verbal score, and not me a whole, then so be it.

I feel you! except Physical Sciences is my killer... good luck.. don't feel bad.. we're not the only low MCAT peopel on this site.. even though it probably feels like it when ya read about all the 35+ people being like, "OMG where should i apply?!?!?" pfft.

I have a 28. I've done all the exam kracker stuff and more, took all the practice tests and I never do better than this score. Verbal just kills me :confused: everytime. I hope and pray that I never have to take that test again, because I just don't think I'll do any better. But if I'm judged primarily by one verbal score, and not me a whole, then so be it.

I have a 28 too :(... what's your GPA if you don't mind me asking? Are you in-state? Is your 28 balanced?

bpost137 or jadealer...are your LOR's in at WVU? Mine are not and I havent been rejected yet (29 mcat)...it seems like the people who have gotten rejection letters from WVU already have them in. As opposed to the people who have yet to send them in are still in it.

I feel you! except Physical Sciences is my killer... good luck.. don't feel bad.. we're not the only low MCAT peopel on this site.. even though it probably feels like it when ya read about all the 35+ people being like, "OMG where should i apply?!?!?" pfft.

:laugh:
i totally agree! and im glad im not the only non-35+ mcat person on sdn haha

bpost137 or jadealer...are your LOR's in at WVU? Mine are not and I havent been rejected yet (29 mcat)...it seems like the people who have gotten rejection letters from WVU already have them in. As opposed to the people who have yet to send them in are still in it.

All my LORs are in... maybe they are easier on people in bordering states or from rural underserved communities or non-traditional.. cause I am all three.. and no rejection yet.. who knows..

yeah maybe....im from a rural county...but im from FL!

It's in my profile, but it is 3.74 GPA with a sGPA of 3.55 from a "public ivy". I'm OOS in regards to WVU. My verbal is pretty bad, my others are good.

public ivy? that wouldn't happen to be in NJ would it??
i ask bc i just graduated from a school in NJ that is a 'public ivy'

public ivy? that wouldn't happen to be in NJ would it??
i ask bc i just graduated from a school in NJ that is a 'public ivy'

I graduated from that same school in 2007 from Cook (erm called SEBS now)!

So I guess hearing nothing from WVU is a good thing at this point..

Its probably a horrible thing for me....They probably just lost my application because according to the rejection email people are getting..I should be gone already.

I was rejected yesterday (sub-30 MCAT), and I was actually kind of happy about it. Haha. I guess I just don't see myself living in West Virginia, so it worked out well. First rejection for me. Good luck to the rest of you!

No, my LORs aren't in yet... I'm still waiting for one more (I can't send in my letter packet until they're all in).

This is the school I'm interested in. Have moved here from NY, was told I'd still have to apply as OOS. Average 3.4 and yet to take MCAT, but practice tests looking in the high 20s.

However, I am a nurse practitioner currently working in the state. Does anyone have any insight or direct info as to how the committee views NPs applying?

Thanks.

It's probably good if you haven't heard yet... I'm still waiting too... sigh.

Last year's thread seems to indicate that secondary = interview. Scary. O_O

I sent my primary to this school about 10 days ago. Haven't heard a peep...no email, no nothing.

Its probably a horrible thing for me....They probably just lost my application because according to the rejection email people are getting..I should be gone already.

My LOR have been in for 2 weeks now and my AMCAS was submitted on 6/5 so it was verified long long ago.. I didn't get a secondary yet or a rejection.. I think they are using my app as a paper weight or doodling paper for ad comm meetings.. because I can't imagine they are going to give me a secondary with my 29...

i got an email from the admissions office saying that after processing my app, i apparently don't fulfill WVU's English requirements. so i sent an email back to tell them about the writing courses i've taken. even though i already have interviews at other schools with the same English requirements, they told me my courses still don't fulfill the requirement. i guess this is my first rejection?

i got an email from the admissions office saying that after processing my app, i apparently don't fulfill WVU's English requirements. so i sent an email back to tell them about the writing courses i've taken. even though i already have interviews at other schools with the same English requirements, they told me my courses still don't fulfill the requirement. i guess this is my first rejection?

I would say so.. Looking at last year's thread, they seem to be quite strict on the pre-reqs.

Just thought I would give a little hope to the sub-30 OOSers..

I got a secondary with a 29P and I am OOS from western pennsylvania. I had an 8 in PS! 3.8 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA... so there is hope for those who might not be perfect OOS applicant. p.s. I did not attend UG in WV either and am not URM... but am a little non-trad (been out of school 3.5 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.