Just got verified. Couple questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dotdotdot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN. I just got verified but have a couple questions.
1) Does AMCAS always change all A+ grades to A? All my A+ courses were changed to A under AMCAS grade. I guess it doesn't matter gpa-wise, but would the schools still be able to see the A+'s?

2) I have two classes that were marked with an X (I guess it means verified with correction?) I checked everything and nothing seemed to be wrong, and I can't figure out what exactly they changed? AMCAS grade was the same as the ones I reported. What does this mean?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For Question #1 there is NO A+ grade. AMCAS (and in turn medical schools) don't recognize that as a grade. They will consider it an A.

I do not know the answer to Question #2.

1) I'm not sure if the adcoms see the same application, but the printed application for applicants includes the OT grade, which is the grade printed on the transcript, in addition to the converted AMCAS grades.

2) Did you check to see that they had the same classification (i.e., BCPM or not)?

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Yes, that happened to me as well... in the grand scheme of things it is relatively unimportant, but it did look nicer with the +.

2) Maybe they changed the classification, your year in school, or something else that is trivial... in the end that doesn't really matter either.

Thanks guys. I think I found out what they changed (how stupid of me...lol). For the summer classes I took the summer after my freshman year, I listed them as QS-freshman. I guess they changed it to sophomore, seeing that they count summer quarter as the beginning of a new academic year.

Just curious, how many total hours do people usually have?

Just out of curiosity what time did u turn in ur application. I submitted mine early morning yesterday but they told me it takes 7 weeks for verification…
As far as hours go, I have 113 credit hours... but I think anywhere from 90+ should be good for people who just finished their junior year.

submitted around 9:30am 6/1. verified 6/2 2pm. All CA time.

Just out of curiosity what time did u turn in ur application. I submitted mine early morning yesterday but they told me it takes 7 weeks for verification…
As far as hours go, I have 113 credit hours... but I think anywhere from 90+ should be good for people who just finished their junior year.

As a general rule, the earlier you submit, the faster you get verified.

For credits, I just hit 104 credit hours. Finally a senior :D.