Kansas c/o 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twelvetigers

stabby cat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm holding off on making threads for all the schools I applied to (since only Iowa and Ohio are up now) but I know there are a LOT of Kansas applicants here, so I thought I would start a thread. I haven't heard anything from KSU yet, but I'm not freaking out because I know they're busy. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have only heard that all my supplemental information is in. Waiting to hear back about whether they received my VMCAS.

Not too long before interview invites start - woohooo!!

I applied to Kansas too as on OOSer. I got an email from them about 2 weeks ago confirming that they had received my supplemental app packet and would let me know if they needed anything else from me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah finally someone started this one!! I also applied, they have received my supplemental package but I havent heard if they received my VMCAS yet. I also applied as an OOSer :)

lol, anyone who acutally lives in Kansas applying to K-State? :)

Another OOS here... Ditto here on the supplemental confirmation and waiting for vmcas. Whoohoo!

Hey yeah where are the IS kids >_>

I am applying to Kansas as an in state applicant. I haven't heard anything from them yet, but I didn't mail my supplemental till a couple days before the deadline. I figure they probably got a flood of applications around October 1.

I'm OOS... I sent my supplemental in on 9/28 and I haven't heard anything from them yet.

So I just got an email letting me know that my supp and GRE went in, but that my VMCAS hadn't been recieved. It said not to freak out about it, but it's weird that my VMCAS has made it all these other places but not Kansas...

I got an email that they received my VMCAS one week after I submitted it on 9/22.

I am applying as an OOSer too! I can't remember what e-mail I got from them, but I know I got one. I just got back from being in California and I am going to send out Western and then organize all the e-mails I have received from the schools. I know that I am not worried about anything because they haven't told me they are missing things yet. Good Luck everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the application complete (VMCAS and supp) e-mail a few days ago and today they cashed my check! Looks like this is for real!:p

Another school I applied to hasn't gotten VMCAS yet though, so I wouldn't worry TT!

Hey guys I just got my email also. I am OOS...Good luck
:D

Got my email today confirming that they've received everything ... good luck all!

So I've only gotten the email they received my supplemental app... should I be concerned I haven't gotten one regarding the VMCAS?

still waiting to hear from them myself! I can't complain though - my IS is Davis...I'll be sitting and waiting for a while to hear from everybody.

Anyone else starting to wiggle in anticipation of invites? Seems like these are the ones sent the soonest of all the schools (bar Iowa and their IS interviews). They say they send them in November - beginning, middle, end? :confused:

I still haven't even heard from them about my supplemental being received and they haven't cashed my check.. and I haven't had an email from them about my vmcas either. I am assuming they are just extremely busy.........

Anyone else starting to wiggle in anticipation of invites? Seems like these are the ones sent the soonest of all the schools (bar Iowa and their IS interviews). They say they send them in November - beginning, middle, end? :confused:

Last year I got mine right around the middle of November. Just a couple more weeks:xf:.
But I'm kind of like iheartmycorgi in that I haven't received confirmation of the VMCAS, just that they did get my supp and would let me know when they received it (but they haven't). But it sounds like they are just busy since others haven't recieved things either :)

Are IS interview invites in November and OOS invites in December?

I received a final email today describing that all of my application is complete. I was missing my study abroad transcripts and apparently they just confirmed this now. I'm assuming since I'm OOS that they are just beginning to look at our applications now?

oh my that's soon! I'm trying not to get toooo anxious but AH! :scared:

Goodluck everyonee! :highfive:

When I received the email confirming they've received all my stuff, they said interview invites are sent in November. I'm OOS, so I'm assuming they all go out then.

I got my invitation during the first week of December last year... after driving myself half crazy with suspense throughout the month of November. I know it's hard, but try to relax and find something to distract yourself from the inbox, mailbox, and SDN. Also keep in mind, once the invitations start arriving, that they are sent in waves; don't give up hope after one, two, or even three or more weeks have passed since the first SDNers announce their good news, because more emails might well be on their way :)

I got my email today saying they had received everything. It's been a month (to the day) since I sent it.

It said interview invites would be sent out starting in November.

I also received an e-mail yesterday confirming that my application was complete. I am OOS

I got my invitation during the first week of December last year... after driving myself half crazy with suspense throughout the month of November. I know it's hard, but try to relax and find something to distract yourself from the inbox, mailbox, and SDN. Also keep in mind, once the invitations start arriving, that they are sent in waves; don't give up hope after one, two, or even three or more weeks have passed since the first SDNers announce their good news, because more emails might well be on their way :)

To be honest, I'm not freaking out too badly right now. I think once it gets to be the middle of November I'll get a bit more jittery but for now, I have so much going on in my life that I barely remember! The past two days I've checked my mailbox; usually I let it go a couple days to a week between checking it since I'm in an apartment and it's not right outside my door. I've already scoped out the mailman - very nice guy! - so hopefully he won't be too alarmed when I begin to camp out in the mail room :laugh:

Hey guys. I got into K-State OOS last year. I didn't get an interview invite until the first or second week of December with my interview being in late January. I don't know how they figure out what order to send them in but don't freak out if other people get theirs before you!

yay - got my "application complete" e-mail. I was getting nervous ;) but let's be honest...I get nervous rather easily, lol.

When interview invites start rolling out, feel free to PM me if you guys have any questions about the process (I don't go there, but I loved it when I interviewed! - damn OOS tuition ;))

I just discovered SDN today when I was looking for some interview tips! Loving it already! I am an in-stater. I got an email 11/8 that I have an interview 12/18. :) Any interview tips??

I just discovered SDN today when I was looking for some interview tips! Loving it already! I am an in-stater. I got an email 11/8 that I have an interview 12/18. :) Any interview tips??

Hi Nico! Welcome to our little masochistic community. ;)
Be sure to post your interview invite in the Official Interview Invites c/o 2015 thread.
I will let others provide interview tips, I've never had one!

Quick paranoid question for those of you who got interview invites already... I RSVPed by e-mail and didn't hear back. So now I have convinced myself that they didn't get my e-mail and that I should call. Not that there was any reason for them to write back really except to confirm my RSVP... did anyone hear back, or am I just falling off the deep end here?

I did not receive a reply to my RSVP email either. Since we both haven't gotten a reply, I wouldn't be too worried.

Thought I'd say hi to everyone on here KSU is my IS. This will be my 3rd round at interviews, still keeping hope alive! seriously very glad I made interviews this go around. I'm a non-traditional w/lots of exp but avg stats so we'll see what happens. Every time I've been to KSU I always meet tons of OOS so keep your fingers crossed!:luck:

DrK, I assume this year will be my 3rd round with my IS as well (OK) so I know how you feel. LET ME IN ALREADY! Lol. Fingers crossed for the both of us. I'd also love to get some attention from KSU this year, though. :)

Hey guys,

So as invites go for Kansas, I know a round of you have received your invites already. Does Kansas typically send out invites in "waves". I did not receive an invite or a denial, and feel like I am checking my e-mail constantly. Should I already expect a "no-invite" from Kansas if I didn't get invited as an OOS?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

So as invites go for Kansas, I know a round of you have received your invites already. Does Kansas typically send out invites in "waves". I did not receive an invite or a denial, and feel like I am checking my e-mail constantly. Should I already expect a "no-invite" from Kansas if I didn't get invited as an OOS?

Thanks!

In previous years, Kansas has sent out invites in waves. We can only hope that that was the plan for this year. ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I'm OOS too, with no invite or denial yet. As far as I understand, they do come in waves. I'm just wondering if they also send denials at this time, or just invites :confused:

I'm an OOSer too. I felt so relieved after the application deadline, and now the stress of waiting to hear about interviews is creeping up on me. I'm like a lot of you, checking my email obsessively. :scared: LOL. Do you guys know if they usually do all the interviewing in December?

Just got the e-mail for the interview! 1/8/11!