Schools I am applying to. Comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Squat n Squeeze

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to 10 schools this year:

1. Harvard
2. Johns Hopkins
3. Columbia
4. Duke
5. Yale
6. UPenn
7. Stanford
8. Cornell
9. Washington U. (St. Louis)
10. UCSF

Yes, these schools were all ranked within the top 15 research institutions by US News. I am aware of that. But I will only settle for the best. I refuse to attend an inferior medical school, or osteopathic school. Anything out of the top 20 is below me. I think I have an excellent shot of gaining admission to many of the schools that I have applied to. My stats are STELLAR, and I believe that these schools know an excellent applicant when they see one. Honestly, I believe that by this winter I will be deciding between ten excellent institutions.

Members don't see this ad.

good for you...i'm glad you have fantastic stats and a great application

despite all the wonderful stuff you have, you defn lack one thing... modesty, humility and being slightly humble... there are plenty of other people with just as amazing stats and scores you claim to have that are far more mature and modest than you... take that into account if you really want to succeed...

Originally posted by Gleevec
LOL nice parody post. Very funny. Take your weakass sh1t back to The Lounge where it belongs.

I'm sorry, but this is my actual list. Don't hate on me just because you are an inferior applicant. I understand that you may feel intimidated, but that's just life. I should have added something to my post. I would prefer feedback only from individuals with similar credentials to myself and whom are applying to similar institutions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm. hes just parody posting. Dont take it seriously. This is not for real echostation.

The lounge is the lounge, but what I post in Pre-Allopathic is usually of serious nature.

Originally posted by echostation
good for you...i'm glad you have fantastic stats and a great application

despite all the wonderful stuff you have, you defn lack one thing... modesty, humility and being slightly humble... there are plenty of other people with just as amazing stats and scores you claim to have that are far more mature and modest than you... take that into account if you really want to succeed...

I appreciate your input, but I do believe that I have earned the right to uphold my attitude. Don't get me wrong, though, I can convey plenty of modesty, humility, and humbleness in the proper setting--the interview room.

C'mon man, don't come in here looking for a fight - and besides, what kind of name is that ???

Originally posted by Paws
C'mon man, don't come in here looking for a fight - and besides, what kind of name is that ???

I am not looking for a fight, but for constructive comments from the more gifted applicants.

And the name? It is only of symbolic nature. It means that I am superior to most other applicants and can perform the referenced action over them (figuratively of course).

Originally posted by Paws

go to the lounge and look at his Mr. Hanky pics

Originally posted by thackl
go to the lounge and look at his Mr. Hanky pics

Yes, please do so. I take pride in my sense of humor. It will come in handy one day when I become an academic surgeon.

if you know you such a great applicant, then why do you want any advice from others? I mean, you seem to know what you want, so just do it and stop wasting everyone's valuable time. Some people here truly desire the opinion of others on SDN. This is poor attempt for attention--maybe you need a hug or better yet, some friends.

Originally posted by toogood1
if you know you such a great applicant, then why do you want any advice from others? I mean, you seem to know what you want, so just do it and stop wasting everyone's valuable time. Some people here truly desire the opinion of others on SDN. This is poor attempt for attention--maybe you need a hug or better yet, some friends.

All I ask for is constructive comments from applicants on a similar achievement level to myself. I do not need "attention," a "hug," or "friends." I have colleagues, not friends. You people need to realize that friends will only try to read your notes and steal valuable information from you during "group study." So no, please don't suggest that I need "friends."

If you're unwilling to settle for "inferior" schools, then haven't you already answered your own question? What exactly would you like people to comment about? :rolleyes:

Squat, try and get some real hobbies. This is obviously a hoax. Stop wasting your time. Everyone realizes you are full of crap. Youre lucky the admins don't ban you.

If you want to keep posting, you want to STFU. Otherwise, you might find yourself banned for parody posting in the pre-allo.

Take it to the Lounge. The hoax is up. You've been found out and everyone realizes you're a loser.

Look, I understand that you are jealous of my credentials. That doesn't give you a right to call me a "parody poster," though.

And I have plenty of "hobbies," a whole application filled with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by UCLAstudent
If you're unwilling to settle for "inferior" schools, then haven't you already answered your own question? What exactly would you like people to comment about? :rolleyes:

I would appreciate constructive comments pertaining to the schools I have listed.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
I would appreciate constructive comments pertaining to the schools I have listed.

I've heard that UPenn prefers students who start jokes that weren't very funny to begin with and beat them into the ground. You might want to apply Early Decision.

Hey, man, why are you picking 10 schools from US New's Top 15? With your amazing stats and charming personality, I would think you're a shoo-in for any of the "real" top ten schools. Therefore Cornell is definitely a waste of your time, and you should swap that one out for U Mich instead.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good one, USMaple. :laugh:

I will be applying to 10 schools this year:

1. Harvard
2. Johns Hopkins
3. Columbia
4. Duke
5. Yale
6. UPenn
7. Stanford
8. Cornell
9. Washington U. (St. Louis)
10. UCSF

Yes, these schools were all ranked within the top 15 research institutions by US News. I am aware of that. But I will only settle for the best. I refuse to attend an inferior medical school, or osteopathic school. Anything out of the top 20 is below me. I think I have an excellent shot of gaining admission to many of the schools that I have applied to. My stats are STELLAR, and I believe that these schools know an excellent applicant when they see one. Honestly, I believe that by this winter I will be deciding between ten excellent institutions.

Originally posted by Entei
Hey, man, why are you picking 10 schools from US New's Top 15? With your amazing stats and charming personality, I would think you're a shoo-in for any of the "real" top ten schools. Therefore Cornell is definitely a waste of your time, and you should swap that one out for U Mich instead.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good one, USMaple. :laugh:

Honestly, I applied to Cornell since I would prefer to go to school in NYC. I still haven't researched all of these schools yet, but as of now I would like to go to school in NYC, which is where I am originally from. Of all of the schools, Michigan was the least appealing to me, not to say that isn't an excellent school anyway.

While some believe you're joking, I believe you're for real. I belive that you actually pulled of stats that most of us could only dream of, but you've pulled off little else. You already know you're applying to the elite schools in the country, and if there was anything specific to either of the schools, someone of your obvious intellegence (heavy sarcasam) could look it up for themselves. No, the only reason you're here is to tell people about how great you think you are. You're a sad little man who only has his stats going for him, and are trying to find some way to validate yourself. You'll probably make it into med school, and probably into one of the schools you mentioned, by virtue of your stats and the supposed charm which you claim you can fake at interviews, and the EC's you put on your apps, which I wouldn't be surprised are faked to. However, how long can you fake people about yourself? Is that how you're going to introduce yourself to your future classmates? "Hi, I'm smarter than you, I got a 45 on my MCAT's." Are you going to talk to your patients and tell them that they make less money than you?

Medicine is about humility more than anything, because as a physician you're fighting an ultimately futile battle against the ravages of time and death. You will not win, and if you place your entire self worth on that you're going to have a painful life ahead of you. And on the topic of you not needing any friends because they'll steal your work, do you really think you'll be able to keep everything to yourself as a physician? You will not know everything, and if you fail to consult others on problem cases it will be your patients who suffer. Also, if the other physicians in your department don't feel comfortable near you, it will be your career who suffers, regardless of how intellegent you may be, because medicine requires many people trusting eachother- patients trusting physicians, physicians trusting nurses, and so on.

Is everyone jealous of what you have? Yes. Is anyone jealous of what you are? No. Can you change your attitudes for the better? Yes. Will you? No, probably not. I wish you luck in your future endevors, but I hope nobody ever has to depend on you for their life.

squat, would you mind telling us what your stats are so we can give you an objective response?

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69405

Hello my fellow prospective medical school applicants. I would just like to know what you guys think of my chances for getting accepted this year into a US allopathic medical school. I'm a male and currently a junior. Here are my stats:

Ivy Leage University on a full scholarship.

GPA: 4.00

MCAT(took it last August): 44T

Extensive hospital volunteering.

Extensive physician shadowing.

Excellent LOR's.

Spent the summer after freshman year volunteering in Africa. Developed a free healthcare system in rural Uganda. Set up emergency response system in the region as well.

Captain of 2 varsity sports teams.

President of the Premed Club.

1600 SAT's.

Valedictorian in High School.

Plays the piano, tuba, clarinet, flute, and violin.

Speaks 4 languages fluently.

Disadvantaged background. (Lived in a crackhouse. Mom walked the streets. Deadbeat dad used to come to visit me at night every so often.)

Enjoys playing chess, dancing, and running on my spare time.

So what do you guys think my chances are? I'm a little nervous. I'm hoping for an Ivy league acceptance but do you think that I should apply to lesser institutions such as my state schools and other lower tier facilities. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by AverageMan
While some believe you're joking, I believe you're for real. I belive that you actually pulled of stats that most of us could only dream of, but you've pulled off little else. You already know you're applying to the elite schools in the country, and if there was anything specific to either of the schools, someone of your obvious intellegence (heavy sarcasam) could look it up for themselves. No, the only reason you're here is to tell people about how great you think you are. You're a sad little man who only has his stats going for him, and are trying to find some way to validate yourself. You'll probably make it into med school, and probably into one of the schools you mentioned, by virtue of your stats and the supposed charm which you claim you can fake at interviews, and the EC's you put on your apps, which I wouldn't be surprised are faked to. However, how long can you fake people about yourself? Is that how you're going to introduce yourself to your future classmates? "Hi, I'm smarter than you, I got a 45 on my MCAT's." Are you going to talk to your patients and tell them that they make less money than you?

Medicine is about humility more than anything, because as a physician you're fighting an ultimately futile battle against the ravages of time and death. You will not win, and if you place your entire self worth on that you're going to have a painful life ahead of you. And on the topic of you not needing any friends because they'll steal your work, do you really think you'll be able to keep everything to yourself as a physician? You will not know everything, and if you fail to consult others on problem cases it will be your patients who suffer. Also, if the other physicians in your department don't feel comfortable near you, it will be your career who suffers, regardless of how intellegent you may be, because medicine requires many people trusting eachother- patients trusting physicians, physicians trusting nurses, and so on.

Is everyone jealous of what you have? Yes. Is anyone jealous of what you are? No. Can you change your attitudes for the better? Yes. Will you? No, probably not. I wish you luck in your future endevors, but I hope nobody ever has to depend on you for their life.

While your post has meaning, when it comes down to it, the key point in medicine is KNOWLEDGE. When a patient is on the table in front of me with their life in my hands, they won't really be thinking about how often I smiled at my classmates in college or in medical school, or if I hold a high image of myself, but of how much I know. As much as many people might want to beat around it, personality is far less important in medicine than intelligence. Perhaps for a physician in family practice, bedside manner determines the number of patients that he/she will retain. In academic neurosurgery, though, it's all about what you know. If an individual has a brain tumor, they won't give a crap whether or not I am not the warmest person in the world, but of my track record and knowledge.

It is the same way with the top medical schools. They're not going to take in an applicant with a low gpa and MCAT score because they are a nice person. If they believe that the individual hasn't excelled academically, there is no way they will grant an offer of acceptance to them. Everything else is secondary.

And contrary to what you have said, I did not and would never fake my EC's. If there is anything that is as important as knowledge, it is honesty. Knowledge and honesty are the core of medicine. If you are not honest with your colleagues, you can never excel. If an individual possesses knowledge and honesty, their colleagues and patients will work with and trust them.

I am not here to state how great I am or to validate myself, since I already know that I am elite. My honest reason for coming here is for constructive commentary. If you people do not wish to believe me, there isn't much I can do about it.

Thank you for answering mikestuy's question, commy-superman.

Those are my stats, as I explained several months ago.

I appreciate your input, but I do believe that I have earned the right to uphold my attitude. Don't get me wrong, though, I can convey plenty of modesty, humility, and humbleness in the proper setting--the interview room.

Exactly how honest is that? That you convey modesty, humility, and humbleness only in the interview and not anywhere else. I highly doubt that your interviewer will be impressed with how full of yourself you are.

Originally posted by commy-superman
Exactly how honest is that? That you convey modesty, humility, and humbleness only in the interview and not anywhere else. I highly doubt that your interviewer will be impressed with how full of yourself you are.

As much as you might not want to believe it, the personality an individual fronts at an interview usually isn't their own. What counts is the content of what you are saying to the interviewer.

I am not here to state how great I am or to validate myself, since I already know that I am elite. [/B]

LOL. So what school do you go to where you captain two varsity sports teams?

While your post has meaning, when it comes down to it, the key point in medicine is KNOWLEDGE. When a patient is on the table in front of me with their life in my hands, they won't really be thinking about how often I smiled at my classmates in college or in medical school, or if I hold a high image of myself, but of how much I know. As much as many people might want to beat around it, personality is far less important in medicine than intelligence. Perhaps for a physician in family practice, bedside manner determines the number of patients that he/she will retain. In academic neurosurgery, though, it's all about what you know. If an individual has a brain tumor, they won't give a crap whether or not I am not the warmest person in the world, but of my track record and knowledge.

It is the same way with the top medical schools. They're not going to take in an applicant with a low gpa and MCAT score because they are a nice person. If they believe that the individual hasn't excelled academically, there is no way they will grant an offer of acceptance to them. Everything else is secondary.

And contrary to what you have said, I did not and would never fake my EC's. If there is anything that is as important as knowledge, it is honesty. Knowledge and honesty are the core of medicine. If you are not honest with your colleagues, you can never excel. If an individual possesses knowledge and honesty, their colleagues and patients will work with and trust them.

I am not here to state how great I am or to validate myself, since I already know that I am elite. My honest reason for coming here is for constructive commentary. If you people do not wish to believe me, there isn't much I can do about it.

One word....

empathy

You'd be surprised on how important a personality trait this is to physicians. Being a Dr. is just as much about humanity as it is medical knowledge/science. We're put into a position where it is also important to treat the person, as it is to TRY and treat whatever disease or sickness this person has. Stats, my friend, aren't everything. One day you'll realize this. And trust me when I say...your patients will not give a flying crap of what you scored on your MCAT, or your GPA. They will be entrusting their lives to you, and that will only happen if YOU EARN their respect...and that's done with empathy and not just b/c you may be intelligent.

This guy is either Phar, or Phar's evil twin.

Trolls are hard to get rid of ....I wish I had bullet-time.

Maybe Scratch and Sniff should join the Giga society. =) [now you know how I waste my time instead of writing secondary essays]

1. Harvard - waiting
2. Johns Hopkins - accepted
3. Columbia - accepted
4. Duke - waiting
5. Yale - waiting
6. UPenn - waiting
7. Stanford - accepted
8. Cornell - accepted
9. Washington U. (St. Louis) - accepted
10. UCSF - accepted

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Dang, you're back?! You have become known as the ultimate troll that all trolls should live by.

Originally posted by Slickness
Dang, you're back?! You have become known as the ultimate troll that all trolls should live by.

.....and he returns right after doctorcynical is placed on hold. Coincidence? I think not.

Originally posted by Slickness

You guys consider me a "troll?"

I'm shocked.:confused:

Originally posted by citygirl
.....and he returns right after doctorcynical is placed on hold. Coincidence? I think not.

I've done a search on my name, and for some reason everyone is comparing me to this "doctorcynical." Let me take this opportunity to say that he is a different poster.

Perhaps we have reached the next stage of evolution in anonymous online messageboards...

we've had parody posters

we've had trolls

and now...

parody trolls? :wow:

i'm just glad to have him back! welcome squat.

You have earned the right to brag! Those are some awesome acceptances! You acceptances definantly reflect a fallacy in the admissions process, i hope no one has to be subjected to you as their physician. Become a radiologist or better yet, a pathologist and lock yourself up in a little room.

While you're in that room, look at your degree, and realize that you are the best!

Best,

Rocco

I thought u were already accepted to UCSF, weren't u asking about UCSF and its queer friendly environment? I guess you didn't get in after all. Not this year, not next. AAAWWWW too sad.

may the gods in heaven have mercy on you when you die, squat.

Hey squat en squeex,

which 4 languages do you speak fluently?

SnS. Save your money. Those schools will be applying to get you next year. And you'll probably have something like 100 acceptance letters, including a ton of places you didn't even interview at. So my advice is to not apply so you can save on expenses.

Oh, and don't worry about appearing modest and humble at your interviews. With your stats, the interview is just a formality and everyone knows that.

wait, you only get a 44? well, you might want to spend the money to apply to JHU and Harvard. Those are the only two which might not accept you without applying. But the interview will still be just a formality.

Originally posted by Rendar5
SnS. Save your money. Those schools will be applying to get you next year. And you'll probably have something like 100 acceptance letters, including a ton of places you didn't even interview at. So my advice is to not apply so you can save on expenses.

Oh, and don't worry about appearing modest and humble at your interviews. With your stats, the interview is just a formality and everyone knows that.

Actually with his stats, he is interviewing the interviewers.

Is he back or did someone bump and old post?

Originally posted by citygirl

Naw, I think SnS is a much, much better troll than doctorcynical. Doctorcynical's posts are annoying, whereas SnS's posts are hilarious.

SnS, welcome back.

Yea, I definitely like SnS more than doctorcynical.

LOL welcome back SnS.

-Ice

1. Harvard - accepted
2. Johns Hopkins - accepted
3. Columbia - accepted
4. Duke - accepted
5. Yale - waiting
6. UPenn - waiting
7. Stanford - accepted
8. Cornell - accepted
9. Washington U. (St. Louis) - accepted
10. UCSF - accepted

please tell me you want to go into research, 'cause as a patient I wouldn't want you anywhere near me. your attitude is horrific . . .you can have great scores and some humility. your view of "inferior students" is going to make it very interesting in a few years when you have to work with them, keep in mind medicine is a team sport. I would have to echo the previous statements about medicine being about compassion and empathy . . . two qualities you have yet to excercise, hopefully you will learn them.

Originally posted by bigbaubdi
Naw, I think SnS is a much, much better troll than doctorcynical. Doctorcynical's posts are annoying, whereas SnS's posts are hilarious.

SnS, welcome back.

I second this. Glad to have you back dude. Post away! LOL. You are part fo the reason I surf this board.

CCW

are you hot?

Originally posted by bigbaubdi

SnS, welcome back.

Definitely. cynical is just some bratty annoying "kid," but SnS has hilarity and character :rolleyes: . I think it's great. He's probably not even pre-med, just poking fun at all those true gunners out there. LOL