Is this outrageous??

Started by avuong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

http://roosevelt.edu/Pharmacy/ProspectiveStudents/TuitionandFees.aspx

I don't normally come on here, but I was just surfing the web, and suddenly came upon this page. I just had to share it and hear your guys' opinions.

By far my favorite quote from this page:

"The projections of full tuition and fees for the PharmD program over the three years are consistent with other four-year PharmD programs at private institutions."

Um, no. 42,000 x three years is absolutely higher than many (most?) other pharmacy school's tuition.

The student activity fee is quite reasonable though, so I guess it evens out in the end. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HOLY CRAP. approx. twice as expensive as UIC, the state COP

and significantly more expensive than midwestern.:scared:
 
That is about in line with costs of other 3year programs (except LECOM, which is cheaper).
 
Bahaha. I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to go there (based on school reputation more than the tuition, but that too). This is where a tier system needs to come into play.
 
Bahaha. I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to go there (based on school reputation more than the tuition, but that too). This is where a tier system needs to come into play.

We should be like China, where the more prestigious a college is the less it costs.
 
Isn't Midwestern approximately $30,000 a year? When I did a visit there, one of the students said she was paying about $34,000. So 34,000 x 4 = 136,000. and 42,000 x 3 = 126,000. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. But I do agree that thats a lot of money for a brand new school with no accredation! And of course UIC is cheaper, it is not a private school
 
Midwestern = 31k x4 = 124k, so about the same cost.

The difference being CCP has been around for 20yrs and MWU is devoted to health sciences. Roosevelt is know as a business college around Chicago. They are only opening a school to make money. They do NOT care about the health sciences or the profession of pharmacy! Steer clear!!!
 
Good God. Talk about blatantly milking your students for all they're worth.

If you pay that much, they better kiss you good when you cross that stage. :meanie:

I think it's funny that they tack on the 500 and 100 fees instead of just charging 43000 for tuition, no fees.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad