Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Locked in the basement
www.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
http://roosevelt.edu/Pharmacy/ProspectiveStudents/TuitionandFees.aspx

I don't normally come on here, but I was just surfing the web, and suddenly came upon this page. I just had to share it and hear your guys' opinions.
By far my favorite quote from this page:

"The projections of full tuition and fees for the PharmD program over the three years are consistent with other four-year PharmD programs at private institutions."

Um, no. 42,000 x three years is absolutely higher than many (most?) other pharmacy school's tuition.

The student activity fee is quite reasonable though, so I guess it evens out in the end. :laugh:

May 8, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
HOLY CRAP. approx. twice as expensive as UIC, the state COP

and significantly more expensive than midwestern.:scared:

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
That is about in line with costs of other 3year programs (except LECOM, which is cheaper).

homeslice

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Bahaha. I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to go there (based on school reputation more than the tuition, but that too). This is where a tier system needs to come into play.

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Bahaha. I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to go there (based on school reputation more than the tuition, but that too). This is where a tier system needs to come into play.
We should be like China, where the more prestigious a college is the less it costs.

Jun 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Isn't Midwestern approximately $30,000 a year? When I did a visit there, one of the students said she was paying about $34,000. So 34,000 x 4 = 136,000. and 42,000 x 3 = 126,000. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. But I do agree that thats a lot of money for a brand new school with no accredation! And of course UIC is cheaper, it is not a private school

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Since it isn't accredited, I'd be weary of it. But if it was fully accredited and reputable, it'd be a bargain compared to UoP (My first year tuition is 56 large).

KARM12

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
East
Status
Pharmacist
Midwestern = 31k x4 = 124k, so about the same cost.

The difference being CCP has been around for 20yrs and MWU is devoted to health sciences. Roosevelt is know as a business college around Chicago. They are only opening a school to make money. They do NOT care about the health sciences or the profession of pharmacy! Steer clear!!!

pharm B

Phar Noir
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Out to Pasture
Status
Pharmacist
Good God. Talk about blatantly milking your students for all they're worth.

If you pay that much, they better kiss you good when you cross that stage. :smuggrin:

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacy Student
Good God. Talk about blatantly milking your students for all they're worth.

If you pay that much, they better kiss you good when you cross that stage. :smuggrin:
I think it's funny that they tack on the 500 and 100 fees instead of just charging 43000 for tuition, no fees.

jballer91

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Pharmacist

pharm B

Phar Noir
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Out to Pasture
Status
Pharmacist
I would point out that around 20k of that is personal stuff (rent, laptop, etc).

But that would be stupid, because you're still staring down the barrel of a 80k/yr school. I don't understand how schools can get away with that!

I would hope to see one of two things: golden toilets, or profs rolling up in Ferraris.

docss26

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2005
the city of wind
Status
Pharmacy Student
That's not a good institution, and I doubt they will be a very good pharmacy school either. It's kind of sad how many schools are jumping on the pharmacy band wagon.

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
That's not a good institution, and I doubt they will be a very good pharmacy school either. It's kind of sad how many schools are jumping on the pharmacy band wagon.
Cash money, cash money.

Same as students jumping on the pharmacy band wagon, right?

pharm B

Phar Noir
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Out to Pasture
Status
Pharmacist
Yeah... problems like whether you want your license plate cover to be in gold or platinum. I wonder if a school that charges this much has similar harsh rules for students as the LECOM DO school.

"Can't stand there, wear this not that, etc"