My post deleted? Regarding Simple TEXT format Canadian NDEB 2010 Released

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niudawang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My post deleted? Regarding Simple TEXT format Canadian NDEB 2010 Released Exam

I deem that any person that is preparing for the exam would like to know the keys. Am I wrong?

The bigest problem for discussion is that people don't know the location of the specific test item or how to refer to it or them. What I did was numbering all the test items to make things easy.

I dont know why my post got deleted so far!

Restored:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=777331

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
it is outrageous that no one ever give it a ding to explain what happened to my first post.

20+ people downloaded and there none shows support,
this is making me regret sharing my two weeks' hard labour of sorting out and numbering
these 4,900+ items .

Last edited:
thanks! but you only numbered it? so what...

it is outrageous that no one ever give it a ding to explain what happened to my first post.

this is making me regret sharing my two weeks' hard labour of sorting out and numbering
these 4,900+ items .

we do know you did hard work but just simply read the questions and discuss the answers. :D

we do know you did hard work but just simply read the questions and discuss the answers. :D

" Hyperemia of the pulp is

A. an acute inflammation of the dental pulp characterized by intermittent paroxysms of pain which may become continuous. "

while

Answer B "an excessive accumulation of blood in the pulp resulting in vascular congestion." is correct if regarding penis instead of pulp.

Reversible pulpitis (hyperemia) -» the pain associated with hyperemia does not occur spontaneously.
It requires an external irritant to evoke a painful response (i.e., cold, sweets). The pains
are sharp and of brief duration, ceasing when the irritant is removed. Radiographs appear normal
(may show deep caries or cavity preparation). The tooth is usually percussion negative. In
thermal tests, the pulp responds more readily to cold stimuli than to hot (the response leaves
shortly after removal of the stimulus). Treatment usually is a sedative filling or new restoration
with a base.
Causes of reversible pulpitis include early caries, periodontal scaling, root planning, microleakage,
and restorations placed without a base. Reversible pulpitis is not a disease, rather it is a
symptom.
Note: Pulpal inflammation (hyperemia) is most commonly caused by bacteria.

BTW,

I numbered all the questions, 4953 items in whole, this question is number 69.

fyi:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10336667#post10336667

I deem that any person that is preparing for the exam would like to know the keys. Am I wrong?

The bigest problem for discussion is that people don't know the location of the specific test item or how to refer to it or them. What I did was numbering all the test items to make things easy.

Gr8 dude....the numbering part....good job....

however, I wonder if any1 is keeping a track of the right answers....lets see if i finish it by mid december, would try posting the answer keys as per the numbering in this file.... to check...

kudos ppl!! study hard

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=704442&page=14
Page101 Q2 (Item768)

Answer should be "A", as far as I can recall, ISONIAZID (Antibiotics) might cause xerostomia.

Item768 Which of the following drug groups can cause xerostomia?
1. Diuretics.
2. Antibiotics.
3. Antidepressants.
4. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10378913&posted=1#post10378913

I numbered all the questions, 4953 items in whole, this question had been repeated SIX times in the item bank,
i.e. ITEM # 801, 1543, 2163, 3382, 4027, 4252 !!!

Page106 Q1
ITEM# 801, 1543, 2163, 3382, 4027, 4252

Which of the following cements can chemically bond to enamel?
1. Zinc phosphate cement.
2. Polycarboxylate cement.
3. Ethoxy benzoic acid cement.
4. Glass ionomer cement.
A. (1) (2) (3)
B. (1) and (3)
C. (2) and (4)
D. (4) only
E. All of the above

The Answer is C.

Chemically bond to tooth structure
Zinc polycarboxylate cement was the first system developed with a potential for adhesion to
tooth structure via chelation. The polycarboxylate cements are powder / liquid systems. The liquid
is an aqueous solution of polyacrylic acid and copolymers. The powder is zinc oxide and
magnesium oxide.
Zinc polycarboxylate cements have a compressive strength slightly lower than that of zinc
phosphate while the tensile strength is higher. Its final strength is dependent on the powder/
liquid ratio, with more powder giving greater strength. The strength of the set material is sufficient
for amalgam condensation and its effect on the pulp is mild enough to eliminate the need
for sublining. Thermal conductivity is low and thus the material gives good protection against
thermal stimuli applied to metallic restorations.
An advantage of zinc polycarboxylate cement is that it can bond to tooth structure -> this is
attributed to the ability of the carboxylate groups in the polymer molecule to chelate to calcium
in the tooth. The most commonly noted disadvantages of polycarboxylate cement is its marked
thickness and short working time. Currently marketed brands include Durelon (3M ESPE), Liv
Carbo (GC America), Shofu Polycarboxylate (Shofu), and Tylok Plus (Dentsply/Caulk). The most
recent innovation in these cements has been the development of Durelon Maxicap, an encapsulated
version of Durelon. Because it is mixed and expressed from a capsule, the traditional
difficulties of short working time and excessive thickness are overcome.

It's a shame so many people downloaded the archives and didn't leave a response.

I was planning of releasing the whole set of answer keys to these 4953 exam items, now I think I can save the time.

If there are enough people interested, please leave your email address.

If you have concerns, please replace the @ with # or $ or what ever sign!

e.g. yourname#yourisp.org

Certainly you could leave me message.

Thanks, good job. It this relevant for US NBDE? I don't know much, do I? It's ok, i am back and learning

hey niudawang,
u have done an awesome job with these questions.really appreciate ur efforts.hope to discuss the answers.my id is [email protected].

me too would like to share my knowledge and thoughts on these questions, of course if you haven't been done with them yet. :)

i'm kinda new to this issues and trying to find out how things go. but as far as i could get, the thing you've made niudawang was a great job and useful for providing systematical way of studying.

sorry for my english by the way :)
[email protected]

Restored:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=777331
I can't open it, so I dont know how great the work is. Is it only numbering the items or you had your answer keys with them? Thanks

It's a shame so many people downloaded the archives and didn't leave a response.

I was planning of releasing the whole set of answer keys to these 4953 exam items, now I think I can save the time.

If there are enough people interested, please leave your email address.

If you have concerns, please replace the @ with # or $ or what ever sign!

e.g. yourname#yourisp.org

Certainly you could leave me message.

Hi Niudawang you are doing a good job of sharing the answers. pls forward it to me
my email id is [email protected]

these 4,900+ items .
Hi Niudawang you are doing a good job of sharing the answers. pls forward it to me
my email id is [email protected]