***Official Oklahoma c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmirabal25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone! I've been refreshing my AADSAS all morning, and it finally updated to "Offer Made."

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waitlisted. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

I'm 3.95 gpa 21 aa 19 pat

I'm excited and honored to be accepted to OU! I'm struggling choosing between OU and Minnesota... I LOVED my tour and the faculty that interviewed me. They left a pretty strong connection. I'll have to do some decision making in the next few weeks.

Congrats, everyone!!

Congrats everyone!!
I have a very random question, and I figured by asking you guys that you all could give an unbias opinion. :)
I am from a state that doesn't have a dental school, and I got accepted as an outstate dental student to UMKC, LSU, and Tennessee. I am having trouble deciding between them. How would you guys rank these schools? Which ones would you go to,and why?
I have talked to several people and at 3 schools, but, of course, there is a bias towards their school. I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Just got accepted today via email and aadsas. Now I have a tough decision to make.

Hey, I was also accepted to OU. Now I'm just trying to make a decision. Is there anything in particular that you all liked about OU. I interviewed there a while back, and don't remember too much about the school. Are there any concerns that you all have about the school?

Thanks!

Hey, I was also accepted to OU. Now I'm just trying to make a decision. Is there anything in particular that you all liked about OU. I interviewed there a while back, and don't remember too much about the school. Are there any concerns that you all have about the school?

Thanks!

Here are a couple of things I liked:
Awesome people
Fairly inexpensive to live there
Good boards pass rate

Concerns:
Lack of the "right patients"-the 3rd/4th year students said that the more expensive procedures are hard to get done, like root canals and crowns.
No digital x-rays
You can't do implants as a DDS student
The residents get the more complicated procedures

The pros and cons are from my experiece at the interview and input from current students. I think OU is awesome school, but for what I wanted to do, it just wasn't the best fit for me.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks!

What schools are you deciding between?

upenn, bu, oklahoma, and tennessee

I would go where it's the cheapest for you. I know OU is pretty inexpensive relative to other places. Plus it's a great place (in my opinion)..