****Official ASDOH c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

blazermaniac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the phone call and packet, congrats to everyone who got accepted!! The reality of it hasn't set in yet, i'm still in disbelief :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

ASDOH is an amazing school... congrats to all who made it

Accepted ASDOH ! My priority ! I love this school, professors, dean and their module system ever. I am so happy now.Congratulation for those who got offer ! I think that not many students were accepted on last December 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my packet in the mail... Best Christmas EVER! Who is planning on going? Do we already have a facebook group?:D

Congratulation ! Join our face book group and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvz3E7V4QUc[/url]

Just got my packet in the mail... Best Christmas EVER! Who is planning on going? Do we already have a facebook group?:D

Hey did you get notified of your acceptance via phone call or snail mail?

I got a phone call. Who ever is in charge of the facebook group, let me in!:D

Congrats everyone!!
I have a very random question, and I figured by asking you guys that you all could give an unbias opinion. :)
I am from a state that doesn't have a dental school, and I got accepted as an outstate dental student to UMKC, LSU, and Tennessee. I am having trouble deciding between them. How would you guys rank these schools? Which ones would you go to,and why?
I have talked to several people and at 3 schools, but, of course, there is a bias towards their school. I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Definitely ASDOH. I just love this school and I don't know any other schools well ~

Reason
1. Their modular system is great and just fits for me
2. Student diversities
3. Take NBDE Part I after 1st year
4. lots of clinical experiences
5. Weather is nice in Arizona !
6. Living expenses are so cheap (you can live in nice condo with only $700, auto insurance is cheap as well)
7. Starbucks near by ASDOH
8. No smoking facilities on whole campus
9. Dress code

Last edited:
Hey guys!

For the Public Health form, do we fill in the Quarter taken? or just sign and return? also does anyone know when the immunization form is due? Thanks!!!

I just signed and returned. The immunization form is due before matriculation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! As soon as the packet comes I'll be paying the deposit! :love:ASDOH:love:

Yes they gave me a phone call and let me say, Azra in admissions is amazing! :D Now we need a facebook group!

Hey guys, I have an interview on February 1st at ASDOH. I was wondering how much of the class is filled up and if there's still a decent chance to get in. Thanks very much in advance.

@Chemboy23-When did they notify you of your invite? I'm hopeful for an interview and I'm OOS as well...

@Chemboy23-When did they notify you of your invite? I'm hopeful for an interview and I'm OOS as well...

Hey there...I was actually notified on December 17th, but I was out of town during that time. I just flew back into the Phoenix area last week. Best of luck to you.

To anyone else: I was wondering if ASDOH will take an online "Human Physiology" course? I do not know how else I'll be able to get the class in by the time school starts (if I get accepted). I know it would need to be from an accredited institution...but I was just wondering if anyone else had ran into this. I'm not a big fan of the online courses, but I'm sort of in a situation where my only option is that. Thanks in advance!

yeaa jsut ask them....they might allow it since theres no lab

Hey there...I was actually notified on December 17th, but I was out of town during that time. I just flew back into the Phoenix area last week. Best of luck to you.

To anyone else: I was wondering if ASDOH will take an online "Human Physiology" course? I do not know how else I'll be able to get the class in by the time school starts (if I get accepted). I know it would need to be from an accredited institution...but I was just wondering if anyone else had ran into this. I'm not a big fan of the online courses, but I'm sort of in a situation where my only option is that. Thanks in advance!

i just interviewed on tuesday morning and got a call thursday morning that i'm in! whoooooohooooooo!

wow that's fast! Congrats. I interviewed last week and haven't heard back so I probably didn't get in. congrats though. asdoh is an amazing school.

i just interviewed on tuesday morning and got a call thursday morning that i'm in! whoooooohooooooo!

Hey guys, I have an interview on February 1st at ASDOH. I was wondering how much of the class is filled up and if there's still a decent chance to get in. Thanks very much in advance.

Chemboy-I was interviewing at ASDOH on 1/20/11 and here is what they said, that at the time of my interview they had 48 people who had accepted and put deposits down, they had sent out 8 more acceptances, and have a class size of 76 people. I interviewed on 1/20/11 in the afternoon session and got a phone call early in the morning on 1/21/11, so there is one less seat with me, as I sent in my deposit. I do know however that one of the 48 people who accepted has been accepted at another school and is no longer going to attend ASDOH...Hope this helps!

Sent in my deposit today! Whooah! ASDOH class of 2015!

Chemboy-I was interviewing at ASDOH on 1/20/11 and here is what they said, that at the time of my interview they had 48 people who had accepted and put deposits down, they had sent out 8 more acceptances, and have a class size of 76 people. I interviewed on 1/20/11 in the afternoon session and got a phone call early in the morning on 1/21/11, so there is one less seat with me, as I sent in my deposit. I do know however that one of the 48 people who accepted has been accepted at another school and is no longer going to attend ASDOH...Hope this helps!

Sent in my deposit today! Whooah! ASDOH class of 2015!

Congrats. I sort of had to rush their decision because I'm having to put multiple deposits down. I'm in at Loma Linda and in Mississippi...so we're thinking Mississippi now. It's so cheap (16k per year)...so it would be dumb to go here anyways. Best of luck to the rest of you!!!

chemboy23 you got accepted to asdoh as well?

Congrats. I sort of had to rush their decision because I'm having to put multiple deposits down. I'm in at Loma Linda and in Mississippi...so we're thinking Mississippi now. It's so cheap (16k per year)...so it would be dumb to go here anyways. Best of luck to the rest of you!!!

chemboy23 you got accepted to asdoh as well?

No I didn't...I guess I should have never been writing on this thread to begin with lol. It started with me asking a question about ASDOH accepting an online class. The guy called me yesterday and said that I had been put on the waiting list and chances are it will not turn into an accept. Oh well, I tried. So glad I have other options, I consider myself to still be very lucky to get in (anywhere) on the first shot. Best of luck to everyone that did get in at ASDOH though...it's a WONDERFUL school!

they called you? or u called them? because they usually only call for acceptances...

No I didn't...I guess I should have never been writing on this thread to begin with lol. It started with me asking a question about ASDOH accepting an online class. The guy called me yesterday and said that I had been put on the waiting list and chances are it will not turn into an accept. Oh well, I tried. So glad I have other options, I consider myself to still be very lucky to get in (anywhere) on the first shot. Best of luck to everyone that did get in at ASDOH though...it's a WONDERFUL school!

or did he call u cuz u needded a faster response sine u have offers pending?

they called you? or u called them? because they usually only call for acceptances...

or did he call u cuz u needded a faster response sine u have offers pending?

Yes, he called because I emailed Ms. Tina Saams in admissions and asked her for a quick response. I had multiple deposits being due, and if we were to get in here...I didn't want to pay out other deposits because we had planned to stay.

wow that's fast! Congrats. I interviewed last week and haven't heard back so I probably didn't get in. congrats though. asdoh is an amazing school.

thanks! i was extremely shocked to hear from them so soon! keep your head up, though! you never know.....if not asdoh, hopefully you'll get in (or have already gotten in) elsewhere!

congrats...

they rank you right after they interview you so thats why after each interview, thres a few people that gets the call the next day....

thanks! i was extremely shocked to hear from them so soon! keep your head up, though! you never know.....if not asdoh, hopefully you'll get in (or have already gotten in) elsewhere!

wow thats great that you have lots of options to choose from...good thing you did! you're all set to go man! congrats

Yes, he called because I emailed Ms. Tina Saams in admissions and asked her for a quick response. I had multiple deposits being due, and if we were to get in here...I didn't want to pay out other deposits because we had planned to stay.

wow thats great that you have lots of options to choose from...good thing you did! you're all set to go man! congrats

Thanks, and best of luck to you as well! Did you get in?

I've got one next Tuesday morning...I am really hoping it goes well because it would be awesome to go there. I don't have a ton of community service though so I'm not giving my hopes up...

Last edited:
well, since u got an interview with asdoh....everything on ur app is good enough for them.

I've got one next Tuesday morning...I am really hoping it goes well because it would awesome to go there. I don't have a ton of community service though so I'm not giving my hopes up...

finally decided this morning! i got into a couple of places, but asdoh is it for me! yay! can't wait to meet everyone!

they interview pople in feb and marc..so u still have lots of time

I hope I get an interview soon, I have been accepted to a few places but I am still wanting to hear from ASDOH

Do you have any interview advice for asdoh?

Sure! Be yourself and be honest! I know everyone says that, but for real! I was completely honest in my answers during the interview. Really think about what they're asking and tell the truth. Don't give the BS answers that everyone gives.

I also think that you really need to know how you feel about dental public health. You may not care (I've heard that many people say they love it just to get in, but don't really care), but you do have to take public health classes as part of your dental school curriculum and the entire system is based on a public health emphasis. So, it's something you should think about.

My interview was pretty simple. Meet the dean, admissions, financial aid, etc. During my individual interview, they asked me a few basic questions and then built on that by asking me to elaborate on my answers sometimes. There were two people interviewing me and they were very nice. It was actually one of my harder interviews, but it wasn't intimidating. Then, they took us on a tour, lunch, etc. Same as other schools. Just relax and be enthusiastic! I absolutely LOVED the school! When is your interview?

next tuesday the 15th! I'm nervous cause I really want to make a good impression...and at my other interviews sometimes I am too honest...ha. But I'm hoping it goes well. Thanks for the advice.

anyone receive an interview invite lately?

next tuesday the 15th! I'm nervous cause I really want to make a good impression...and at my other interviews sometimes I am too honest...ha. But I'm hoping it goes well. Thanks for the advice.

HOw are you getting there? Are you coming for Utah? I will be there too.