You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ASDOH Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
toothfairy3333
Full Member
including shadowing ?How many DENTAL volunteering do the people who received interview have? If you guys don’t mind answering it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Futuredentistbl
Full Member
I had no dental specific volunteering and got an interviewHow many DENTAL volunteering do the people who received interview have? If you guys don’t mind answering it!
no I meant did they receive the rejection email after an interview or did they just receive it without an interview offer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.Clearly says reject
Dentin26
Full Member
including shadowing ?
Nope without shadowing!
Futuredentistbl
Full Member
I don’t think anyone has has an interview yet. I believe the first interviews are September 10thno I meant did they receive the rejection email after an interview or did they just receive it without an interview offer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Dentin26
Full Member
I had no dental specific volunteering and got an interview
Thank you for answering!
toothfairy3333
Full Member
I had 49 hours of dental specific volunteering + a dental mission trip to a 3rd world country and got an interview. Hope that helps!Nope without shadowing!
first interviews are actually today!I don’t think anyone has has an interview yet. I believe the first interviews are September 10th
Eris Rastim
Full Member
For those that interviewed already, how was it? Any tips and advice? Thanks!
First week of interviews at ASDOH were on August 12/13th. This school does request a LOR from a volunteer organization/coordinator so volunteering and community service is very very important to this school. Everyone I have talked to there and even seen get interviews all had a strong connection to service work, and had significant amounts of volunteering hours.
sirlancelet
New Member
Interview #2
Notification date: 08/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA: 3.7 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 22TS, 24PAT, 19RC, No
Method of interview: In-Person
Notification date: 08/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA: 3.7 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 22TS, 24PAT, 19RC, No
Method of interview: In-Person
Last edited:
sirlancelet
New Member
I did ~50 dental volunteering. I have 400+ volunteering in other places though.How many DENTAL volunteering do the people who received interview have? If you guys don’t mind answering it!
Interview #1
Notification date: 9/03/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17AA
Volunteering Hours: 500+
Method of interview: In-person
God is so good. Don't lose hope.
Notification date: 9/03/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17AA
Volunteering Hours: 500+
Method of interview: In-person
God is so good. Don't lose hope.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
God is good. Congrats to u!Interview #1
Notification date: 9/03/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17AA
Method of interview: In-person
God is so good. Don't lose hope.
Thank you so much!God is good. Congrats to u!
Tooth_fairy2627
Full Member
Interview #1
Notification date: 9/03/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/07/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17AA
Method of interview: In-person
God is so good. Don't lose hope.
Omg ! Congratulations that gives me hope
Good luck on your interview
Thank you!!🙏Omg ! Congratulations that gives me hope
Good luck on your interview
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything recently? interview invites/rejections
My application was marked complete 8/13, and I have not heard anything yet. Also for those who were rejected did they send the rejection via email?
My application was marked complete 8/13, and I have not heard anything yet. Also for those who were rejected did they send the rejection via email?
ALDISMILES
Full Member
Received Rejection this morning
futuredentist2029
Full Member
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? and when did you submit your application?Received Rejection this morning
Interview #5
Notification date: 10/04/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/21/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/14/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.3 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA
Volunteering Hours: 500+
Method of interview: in person
Notification date: 10/04/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/21/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/14/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.3 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA
Volunteering Hours: 500+
Method of interview: in person
Tooth_fairy2627
Full Member
Rejection email received today regarding no interview.
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
Did they also update your adea portal or ASDOH portal?Rejection email received today regarding no interview.
Tooth_fairy2627
Full Member
Did they also update your adea portal or ASDOH portal?
Not on any portals just an email unfortunately
dentalkookie
New Member
Is the interview pre-dec?Interview #5
Notification date: 10/04/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/21/24
Application marked complete date, + secondary: 08/14/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.3 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA
Volunteering Hours: 500+
Method of interview: in person
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
My application was marked complete on 08/13. Do you guys think I should email them since I have not heard anything back yet?
Is anyone here that applied last year and got an interview or a waitlist?
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
Has received an interview invitation recently? My secondary app. was completed August 13th, and I have heard nothing yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat, but app completed on 9/10Has received an interview invitation recently? My secondary app. was completed August 13th, and I have heard nothing yet.
toothfairy3022
New Member
I just received an interview today! The only dates left aren't until January.
Congrats, if you don’t mind me asking what are your stats and when did you apply? Thanks!I just received an interview today! The only dates left aren't until January.
toothfairy3333
Full Member
for those that have interviewed already, any advice?
toothfairy3022
New Member
I applied at the end of July. 3.6cgpa and 3.45spga. My dat was 19AA, 20TS, and 20PAT.Congrats, if you don’t mind me asking what are your stats and when did you apply? Thanks!
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
I was rejected today
futuredentist337
Full Member
Received a rejection today via email
cyberfeels
Full Member
Anyone else still haven't heard anything?
Still waitingAnyone else still haven't heard anything?
cyberfeels
Full Member
Just received my rejection lol
Rejected without interview 2.8 gpa (3.85 post bacc) 23AA OOS
Anybody receive an interview lately?
do you mind sharing when u submitted ur secondary?Rejected without interview, in state with 3.8 cgpa, 3.85 sgpa, 20AA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent it out 12am EST!asdoh sent out acceptances at or after 12am EST
Sorry for the late reply, secondary submitted Sep 20th.do you mind sharing when u submitted ur secondary?
Eris Rastim
Full Member
I was rejected yesterday at 8 pm est. Wishing the best for everyone else though 🙂 (Don't worry, I got another acceptance to make up for this one 😉)
Did you receive it after an interview?I was rejected yesterday at 8 pm est. Wishing the best for everyone else though 🙂 (Don't worry, I got another acceptance to make up for this one 😉)
toothfairy3022
New Member
Does anyone have any advice for interviewing here? I have one in January and the interview style looks pretty extensive and intimidating. Any advice would be amazing!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 15K