University of Maryland School of Pharmacy 2011 Regular Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennaLee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I am starting this thread, I think the interview invites are sending out soon. for those who received an invite, please share with us. I couldnt find a thread for UMB-2011, but if there is one, feel free to merge. GOOD LUCK!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I am starting this thread, I think the interview invites are sending out soon. for those who received an invite, please share with us. I couldnt find a thread for UMB-2011, but if there is one, feel free to merge. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hope to hear soon

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I applied there but I am not sure if I'll even get an interview due to my PCAT scores. But I've been a Maryland resident my whole life so I figured I'd apply anyway..

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? I applied there but I am not sure if I'll even get an interview due to my PCAT scores. But I've been a Maryland resident my whole life so I figured I'd apply anyway..

What's your stats?? I heard maryland will consider anyone who have pcat greater than 70%

so nervous and anxious, think we will hear soon? Based on how last year went they should send out the first round of interview invites next week. I applied for early decision but my application got deferred. Anyone else?

so nervous and anxious, think we will hear soon? Based on how last year went they should send out the first round of interview invites next week. I applied for early decision but my application got deferred. Anyone else?

probably their school starts next week.. what's your stats

Mines

BS in Biology
GPA:3.92
PCAT: 80%
fulltime pharm-tech for more than one year
various volunteer experiences
president of one student organization when i was in school

Hello guys,
I called their office today, and spoke to Patrice Sharp, she told me that interview will be sending out next week....

hanhuang,
please dont worry about your stats, I know so many people got in with low stats and so many people got rejected with high stats, they are really looking for well rounded applicant,,not just stats along...

Good Luck, guys, hope to see you next year.

JennaLee, thanks so much for sharing with us. I am going crazy waiting.

Thank you Jenna for opening this thread. I was thinking of doing so. Also just to confirm what you said: Patrice sharp told me invites will be sent out after January 15th.

So, we could hear tomorrow? I'm not sure they will send invites out on a weekend.

So, we could hear tomorrow? I'm not sure they will send invites out on a weekend.

You will probably have to wait until Tuesday when school and the office are open again. Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'm being so impatient

Understandable....you will be even more so after you have interviewed. I am itching to do interviews again this year but they change the format so I have to to go training for it so hopefully they still have trainings before the regular interviews start.

Understandable....you will be even more so after you have interviewed. I am itching to do interviews again this year but they change the format so I have to to go training for it so hopefully they still have trainings before the regular interviews start.

What is the new format?!

What is the new format?!

Since I didn't go to the training I dont know exactly but they changed the group interviewing part (my favorite part to interview!) now it's like working together on a problem and presenting it or something...

Since I didn't go to the training I dont know exactly but they changed the group interviewing part (my favorite part to interview!) now it's like working together on a problem and presenting it or something...
i thought they been having group project since last year

Nope Not today. But my stats are a little low so I might not get one anyway, (bad grades from 2000-2001 in CC weighing down my PharmCAS).

CC GPA: 3.5 with repeats in 2006-2008 Probably closer to 2.7 w/o the repeats.

Va Tech
Major: Biochem
GPA: 3.44
PCAT: 87 (1st sitting)
EC: 3 semester of research and leadership in various organizations
Pharm Exp: None

I'm not very confident in my stats alone.

Last edited:
I just called to check that they had received my supplemental app and payment. The secretary mentioned the weather was horrible and no admissions counselors came in today. So I doubt anyone will be getting e-mails from them until at least tomorrow.

I just called to check that they had received my supplemental app and payment. The secretary mentioned the weather was horrible and no admissions counselors came in today. So I doubt anyone will be getting e-mails from them until at least tomorrow.
Thanks for the info, Mutiny...Man, I'm getting anxious!:annoyed:

Nope Not today. But my stats are a little low so I might not get one anyway, (bad grades from 2000-2001 in CC weighing down my PharmCAS).

CC GPA: 3.5 with repeats in 2006-2008 Probably closer to 2.7 w/o the repeats.

Va Tech
Major: Biochem
GPA: 3.44
PCAT: 87 (1st sitting)
EC: 3 semester of research and leadership in various organizations
Pharm Exp: None

I'm not very confident in my stats alone.

Have a little faith in yourself. Those are actually very good stats. Good luck!

interview invite via email

No invite.......I noticed you all got it around 11:00 AM. Maybe i'll be in the second round. Hopefully

How many interview rounds are there?

Several...maybe every 2-3 weeks (when the admission committee meets up), up until April, I think. You should check the old UMD forum.

Got the invite and scheduled it for Feb. 4 :)
I wish they had later dates available....:(

I was invited this morning, but will be declining. Can't afford more traveling and hoping for UNC.

Good luck to everyone else!

Got the invite and scheduled it for Feb. 4 :)
I wish they had later dates available....:(

You can request for a later date, just give them a call. The two ladies who worked in Admission are really nice.

I was invited this morning, but will be declining. Can't afford more traveling and hoping for UNC.

Good luck to everyone else!

Thanks for giving us little people a chance next round! I'm crossing my fingers.

Just so you know...they invites are still coming. Just received an e-mail.

Just so you know...they invites are still coming. Just received an e-mail.

Now I feel even worse....still didn't get one :( Oh well, (shakes dice) Next round is coming an I'm feeling lucky! ((rolls))

Just gave up my spot, wishing everyone the best of luck!! :):luck:

I received an invitation this afternoon!!! excited. but I think they are going to give me a february date. Just a request to the folks who are going to the interviews earlier: please post your experience and advice so others could benefit. Good luck to all.

Received Jan 19

Very nervous:scared: my first choice

Baltimore is an awful place to be around :thumbdown: compared to Shady Grove

Last edited:
I received an invitation this afternoon!!! excited. but I think they are going to give me a february date. Just a request to the folks who are going to the interviews earlier: please post your experience and advice so others could benefit. Good luck to all.

Don't forget to check the interview part of SDN, that really helped me with my interview! Good luck everyone!!

received invite today for 1/28, 1/29, 2/4, 2/10

Just got my email yesterday. Any advantage to interviewing earlier? I work full time and I will probably go to the later ones since my schedule for that week isn't made yet.

You will probably have to wait until Tuesday when school and the office are open again. Good luck everyone.

Hi Luckyphooey,

I have a question about the financial aid, do you know what kind of aid is available to students, is any scholarship or grant available for pharmacy student? Thanks

Ok, now I am like super scared because it seems like everyone got their interview invites this week and I haven't received anything :( This sucks...

Hi Luckyphooey,

I have a question about the financial aid, do you know what kind of aid is available to students, is any scholarship or grant available for pharmacy student? Thanks

You have your typically Stafford Loans, sub and unsub that will cover all your cost. Then there's GradPLus and Health Professions Loan. When you get admitted, you will turn in a general scholarship application and then the school will give out scholarships as they become available.

How do the rounds work exactly? Are people who just received the invitations the best ones in the candidate pool???

Invited...Whoo hooo going on 1/29

Does anyone have any advice on the interview?

Is it more of a give us a reason not to accept you or is it prove to me that your worthy of our program type of interview?

Anything will help

UMBC
3.46 GPA
74 PCAT
Midwestern Interview-Declined
Lipscomb Accepted:love:
Belmont Interview 2/28
Notre Dame Accepted:luck:
Touro Intervew Declined
Mercer Interview Invite